Sign in to follow this  
blart

[FIXED] (stuck) new bug caused by updates

randomly lagging then all items slowly dissapear infront of you, getting stuck in place. Requires restart to fix

• Like 2

seems like the new embark bug, but you dont need to embark to get hit by it :/

i got it this morning aswell

• Like 1

yeah I afk'd in one spot in a mine (hasnt happened to me outside of a mine) and the only way to be able to move was to mine down on the cave floor once, or relog. 

Yea same for me, randomly fell through the floor in the mine. Relog fixed it tho

Jup, also having problems with getting stuck in mines.

I had a similar issue yesterday and was hoping it was just lag.  Mine was in a mine as well.

Opening a bug.

Have any of you gotten this while NOT in a mine?

Spent over 8 hours in a mine last night (with several trips in and out of the mine) with 0 issues and the floor is mostly reinforced. Will post more if I experience anything like this.

57 minutes ago, Rasu said:

Spent over 8 hours in a mine last night (with several trips in and out of the mine) with 0 issues and the floor is mostly reinforced. Will post more if I experience anything like this.

This is an effect caused by the new update 

yep in a mine then everthing disappears  crates forges  ect have to relog   what a pain .............

same since update forges bsbs fsb etc (etc meaning almost everything) disappears randomly and get stuck (can turn around on the spot but cant move forward sideways or backward) embarking a ship seems to unfreeze me and some items come back into view.

I think but don't know for sure it is only during crafting as walking in and out of the mines hasn't caused me an issue yet only when I start crafting but that could just be time spent in the mine idk?

Edit: noticed its only items on the same floor, all the crates and bsbs etc I have on a floor above me seem to stay rendered (in a cave dwelling) everything I hover on the same floor disappears once its starts happening except vehicles and creatures although horses sink into the floor if you embark them at least in my case where the floors 2 above the water line or something around that

Edit: miner stuck after afk for 10 mins or so, so guess its not from crafting :(

Edited by Lordterrabyte
added info

I'm severely interested in any at least somewhat reliable reproduction methods for this issue.

I've spent the past few hours trying to debug this, but it's nigh on impossible with no way to reliably get it to happen. I'm aware that it does, and I've had it happen, but it's too sporadic.

Keep the reports coming.

• Like 1

When reporting, please be sure to supply the following details:

How did you get into the mine?  (ie.  log in there, passenger on a vehicle, mounted on a horse, walked in, swim in)

Stable or unstable client?

Did you have 2 clients open at the time (ie.  Did you have 2 or more characters in the game at the same time).

If you had more than one character in the game, were they both above ground or below ground or one on top one underground?

Did you minimize your game screen to watch, listen to or play something else either on your desktop or in a brower?

Is your mine close to sea level?

Thank you.

• Like 1

How did you get into the mine? - was standing and imping plate set pieces infront of a forge

Stable or unstable client? - stable client

Did you have 2 clients open at the time? - no

Did you minimize your game screen to watch, listen to or play something else either on your desktop or in a brower? - watched a movie on second monitor, but had the wurm screen active

Is your mine close to sea level? - it is about 200 slope from sea level

were other people around at that time? - no

on another note, it seems to happen to everyone in local when it happens and they are inside a mine.

Edited by Quicktor

How did you get into the mine? - Walked into a mine beside a different mine where someone was standing and imping in front of a forge. The mines are wight next too each other. Bug occurred about 5mins after i entered the mine too both of us.

Stable or unstable client? - stable client

Did you have 2 clients open at the time? - yes, other client was about 20 tiles away outside.

Did you minimize your game screen to watch, listen to or play something else either on your desktop or in a browser? - watched a movie on second monitor, but had the wurm screen active

Is your mine close to sea level? - it is about 200 slope from sea level

Second time this has occurred with the same mine, things that were the same:
- Someone was imping at the forge.

- 2 People were in the mine.

- Bug occurred about 5-10min after second person came into the mine.

- I had a 2nd client open outside the mine both times.

Hope this helps.

Edited by PayneBouncer

For everyone else who had this happen, were there other people either in the mine or in your local when this happened and did they experience odd movement and disappearing objects as well?

(Thank you PayneBouncer and Quicktor for nothing  noting that other people were around at the time).

Edited by Alectrys
corrected type - noting

for me this has happened both from walking into a mine and riding a horse in, i had 3 clients open but in different areas, the screens weren't minimised but I had youtube playing music in the background (nothing unusual about that for me) and I was alone in local besides my alts, the second last time I tried a relog I was basically stuck before I had a chance to attempt to move (I didnt reconnect, I had left world)  my last login was purely to exit the mines they were in.

One mine is close to the water level maybe 3-4 off the water level the other is at an estimate at 200 above the water and a third spot is probably closer to 600 above water.

something maybe useful idk.... reinforced and paved floor tiles stayed solid the unreinforced tiles its happened on disappeared but adjacent tiles stayed solid 

I forgot at one point I did have someone in local who'd come mine nearby but they got stuck also, relogged and left however we were in different areas so I didn't see whether the items disappeared or not  but I have had 2 clients standing next to each other mining away one stuck and the other didn't and only the stuck one had the items around disappear

Stable Client

Edited by Lordterrabyte
added info

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

(Thank you PayneBouncer and Quicktor for nothing that other people were around at the time).

not sure what this is supposed to mean, but i added that info to my original post...

well we know it was caused by this new update that "fixed" the embark bug, so should be fairly easy for the devs to look at what is causing it cause it only just started.

How did you get into the mine?  I've logged in in the mine, possibly I never left the same building inside the mine for hours before the issue happened.

Stable or unstable client? Stable client

Did you have 2 clients open at the time Yes, but other character was on a different server.

If you had more than one character in the game, were they both above ground or below ground or one on top one underground? Other is above ground on a different server

Did you minimize your game screen to watch, listen to or play something else either on your desktop or in a brower? Not minimized but game window was not in focus all the time

Is your mine close to sea level? 160 slope  above water level, I was standing still and spamming items for longer period when issue happened.

Surroundings: the spot I was standing is inside a structure in the mine, I was standing on the mine floor.

No floor above me in the house.

No bridge above the house on the surface

No structures or items above the house on the surface, just the untouched mountainside.

Happened on Ubuntu 17.04 64bit, 64bit Java, Nvidia proprietary driver.

Symptoms: Cannot move, nothing happens pressing movement keys. Can interact with game, can do actions. Faintly suspecting it is something about the toon's Z position in the mine, I've tried if embarking the large cart next to me clears the issue, the following happened:

Spoiler

I seem to be visually at sea level after embarking the cart, the items I see in the water are at the same 160 slope level that I'm standing. If I look up, I see the below, strangely enough not all items on the same level are visually "dropped" into the water, some are seen on their correct location.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

EDIT: I accidentally nested the image spoilers and I don't seem to be able to fix it, sorry.

Edited by Jaz

10 hours ago, Quicktor said:

not sure what this is supposed to mean, but i added that info to my original post...

That was a typo!  Should have been thank you for noting, not nothing!  Wow, what a difference an H makes.  Sorry ;)

• Like 1

something wrong with the new updates    working in a  mine sucks relog  none stop cant move stuff disappears   

this needs to be fixed  all started with the last update ....................

friend dies beside a odd looking hole in a tile none around lost 5 silver res  stone and skills  and no gm  support as of yet .......

On 3.6.2017 at 3:18 PM, Alectrys said:

How did you get into the mine?  (ie.  log in there, passenger on a vehicle, mounted on a horse, walked in, swim in)

Stable or unstable client?

Did you have 2 clients open at the time (ie.  Did you have 2 or more characters in the game at the same time).

If you had more than one character in the game, were they both above ground or below ground or one on top one underground?

Did you minimize your game screen to watch, listen to or play something else either on your desktop or in a brower?

Is your mine close to sea level?

Bug just happened to me as well.

How did you get into the mine? Walked into it through mine door (on foot) :)

Stable or unstable client? Stable.

Did you have 2 clients open at the time? No.

Did you minimize your game screen? Yes, but some time ago, ca 15 minutes before bug happened.

Is your mine close to sea level? No, about 100 dirts above.

No other characters in the cave, no other character in local.

Had mined 200 iron ores, wanted to walk to small cart to drag them to altar when bug happened, no movement possible, all GUI actions still possible, all actions with environment still possible, just no walking, some - but not all - cave walls in the distance started to show outside views instead of cave walls.

Edited by Eobersig

Always happened on the sloped way down on the sandstone pavement.

13ab3f4cde953f3e3c1640256fa826a9.jpg

First time

Spoiler

Walked in with my main character and immidietly got stuck on the first paved tile.

How did you get into the mine?  walked in from a house

Stable or unstable client? Stable

Did you have 2 clients open at the time? Yes

If you had more than one character in the game, were they both above ground or below ground or one on top one underground? One above, one below ground.

Did you minimize your game screen to watch, listen to or play something else either on your desktop or in a brower? No, all clients in window mode.

Is your mine close to sea level? 5-100 above sea level

Second time

Spoiler

Drove inside with a second character so i could embark as a passenger with my main. Got instantly stuck on the same tile. Could disembark and embark with both characters but could not move. Both characters landed at the water level below the mine. Graphics of bsbs and crates were also on the water level, lamps where all dark.

How did you get into the mine?  Commanding a large cart.

If you had more than one character in the game, were they both above ground or below ground or one on top one underground? Both below ground.

Did you minimize your game screen to watch, listen to or play something else either on your desktop or in a brower? No, all clients in window mode.

Third time

Spoiler

Logged my main out, waited a bit and logged back in again, got stuck after one step on the same tile.

How did you get into the mine?  Logged in

If you had more than one character in the game, were they both above ground or below ground or one on top one underground? Both below ground.

Fourth time

Spoiler

Looged both character off, logged my main back in. Walked three tiles down into the mine and got stuck again.

How did you get into the mine?  Logged in

Did you have 2 clients open at the time? No

Did you minimize your game screen to watch, listen to or play something else either on your desktop or in a brower? No

I noticed the light change with the other character when i got stuck with one character. It also does that when i'm not stuck as soon as another client run by me enters the mine. Here's how that looks. (right screen)

4614ee764b621a8e7d89cbd3d4fe082b.gif

Edited by Nekoras

It seems to happen to me (stable client, 2 clients open, both chars in the mine, either logged in or entered there - this doesn't seem to matter) when cave reality warps in various ways:

- when a wall breaks, some adjacent slopes become too big, forming a hole between two floor tiles, relog fixes this;

- when you mine a shard or just walk on a tile, you fall through the floor, a relog or two sometimes fix this, or you can get back up by trying to move in random directions (in case you can move);

- phantom cave walls randomly appear where there should be none, relog fixes this.

The common details with the embark bug is this seems to be tied to certain tiles or corners (and all adjacent tiles to those corners), it can affect both clients at the same time and it's not always fixed by relog for /lotime.

One time after relog a flat and a -3 borders were saying they're 130+ slope. I walked over the tile, char jumped as if it was about to fall through and the borders' mouseover message became normal.

Edited by zigozag