Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Unbreak cooking times, please

Bump.

It can take 10-15 minutes for hot dough to turn into a bread. This is annoying, and leads to the requirement of having like 50 stones just to make a round of sandwiches in a timely fashion.

It used to go instantly when the ingredients were hot (and I suppose I understand it might cause lag issues.....), but now it literally takes forever in comparison now. Can we make it a bit less.... severe maybe?

Edited by Xallo

What seems the most weird about cooking times now is the variance. I have been brewing tea to grind beverages, and some of the them go to tea really quick, like under a minute, and some of them take several minutes. I haven't timed it because reasons, but it's annoying when I'm trying to grind and I have to wait for one more stupid tea to brew.

(Before you all ask, the herbs are all around the same ql, and it's a different pottery bowl that waits every time, so it's not tied to any ql differences in my equipment.)

Was just about to post about this.  Xan still super laggy and seems cooking timers was no fix for lag.  So pretty please make cooking timers back to what they used to be?  Please!!!

Instead of random polling times, can we just have it tick every (x) amount of time? Every 30 seconds or something. That way you never have to wait for more than 30 seconds if your ingredient is hot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

Instead of random polling times, can we just have it tick every (x) amount of time? Every 30 seconds or something. That way you never have to wait for more than 30 seconds if your ingredient is hot.

Or an instant-ish cooking action, like loading cargo in a deed. Bind [key] cook and Poof!! cooked food as long as the contents are hot

Bump!  Cooking just takes too long now.  Get better skill gains weapon smithing than cooking.  Xan lag is still terrible.

• Like 1

I would actually suggest that most "cooking" should require a action usage of things.  The timer can be like 10 seconds sped up by pan quality and skill, but it's really nuts to think that a person can "cook" hundreds of meals in mins with no active participation.

perhaps the use of a spatula would also be in order?  at least for cooking meals in a frying pan.

Edited by Tallios

If you think cooking is bad, you should try baking. There was a 20 minute separation between my first and last skill tick when cooking a bunch at once. Toast is the kind of meal you want to leave on the stove for a few hours to keep all the toasty flavor in obviously.

No reason for each pan/stone to poll individually,  it should just poll the cooker every set amount of time and cook everything that's hot enough at once, rng for cooking time is just dumb.

• Like 4