Sign in to follow this  
Legios

Night Monster More Aggressive

The world is scary.. you just have a nice high quality armor and LT weapon.. go and try to kill 30 mobs 1 by one with no LT weapon and ql50 armor.(have fun bandaging, mashing healing covers and waiting some time to heal on timed ticks)

Wurm world is a scary place.. and your 90fs means * to the mobs..

Some of the body stats could help you a lot.. but else at 70fs.. I did not feel any superior to mobs compared to 20 or 50 fs.

Your boredom comes from your gear.

Fog spiders were annoying with their ability to jump trough/over fences into deeds.. that aside.. I didn't see them as challenging, just annoying to deal with remaining poison wounds.(the need of another "healing-spider" to get back to 100% hp)

Just fear what keenan have prepared with new mob ai.. could be poison on normal spiders, if people miss the fog spiders and their wounds.. easy to reintroduce into the game.

I'm not against some challenge.. but.. if you have some idea what you want.. come up with a platter to serve that for you and the people starved for that content.. and not invade other people's playstyle, trapping them on their deeds.

30 minutes ago, Finnn said:

The world is scary.. you just have a nice high quality armor and LT weapon.. go and try to kill 30 mobs 1 by one with no LT weapon and ql50 armor.(have fun bandaging, mashing healing covers and waiting some time to heal on timed ticks)

Wurm world is a scary place.. and your 90fs means * to the mobs..

Some of the body stats could help you a lot.. but else at 70fs.. I did not feel any superior to mobs compared to 20 or 50 fs.

Your boredom comes from your gear.

Fog spiders were annoying with their ability to jump trough/over fences into deeds.. that aside.. I didn't see them as challenging, just annoying to deal with remaining poison wounds.(the need of another "healing-spider" to get back to 100% hp)

Just fear what keenan have prepared with new mob ai.. could be poison on normal spiders, if people miss the fog spiders and their wounds.. easy to reintroduce into the game.

I'm not against some challenge.. but.. if you have some idea what you want.. come up with a platter to serve that for you and the people starved for that content.. and not invade other people's playstyle, trapping them on their deeds.

You're against challenge. You're against anything that will challenge the way you play. 

If you take a moment and look at what you actually get from "Hunting" normal mobs, VS 24/7 imping you'll see where the imbalance is. From hunting if you find a silver.. you can consider yourself lucky, while you can craft and imp in your little safe haven with 15 guards around and make way more, hell even just spamming bricks/mortar.. why bother allowing us to acquire fancy gear and enchanted weapons.. to get no reward for using them? Rift? yeah those are fun, loot usually ranges from 1s+ if you get a decent lump and maybe a shoulder pad/bracelet/necky, but that happens every 2 weeks If I'm not mistaking. Uniques? oh right these usually get hogged by the few elites with enough luck to find them and enough friends to kill them. So why do I suggest these kinds of things? Because there should be more than just crafting in a sandbox.

But of course any changes to combat/mobs will hinder "other people's playstyle" but I'm not being forced to craft in order to make a living at all...right?

Edited by Legios

1 hour ago, Legios said:

You're against challenge. You're against anything that will challenge the way you play. 

If you take a moment and look at what you actually get from "Hunting" normal mobs, VS 24/7 imping you'll see where the imbalance is. From hunting if you find a silver.. you can consider yourself lucky, while you can craft and imp in your little safe haven with 15 guards around and make way more, hell even just spamming bricks/mortar.. why bother allowing us to acquire fancy gear and enchanted weapons.. to get no reward for using them? Rift? yeah those are fun, loot usually ranges from 1s+ if you get a decent lump and maybe a shoulder pad/bracelet/necky, but that happens every 2 weeks If I'm not mistaking. Uniques? oh right these usually get hogged by the few elites with enough luck to find them and enough friends to kill them. So why do I suggest these kinds of things? Because there should be more than just crafting in a sandbox.

But of course any changes to combat/mobs will hinder "other people's playstyle" but I'm not being forced to craft in order to make a living at all...right?

About the 1st.. you refuse to try chaos..

If I was just a crafter.. I'd have 141 challenges to pick.. and switch, never to be bored,

about the silver.. need a buyer else whatever me/you/other create up to ql99.. is worthless

about the events.. only half to quarter of the players do them.. as some do not like crowds, for others clients crash with many people in local or events just happen too far and at inconvenient times to participate.

36 minutes ago, Finnn said:

About the 1st.. you refuse to try chaos..

If I was just a crafter.. I'd have 141 challenges to pick.. and switch, never to be bored,

about the silver.. need a buyer else whatever me/you/other create up to ql99.. is worthless

about the events.. only half to quarter of the players do them.. as some do not like crowds, for others clients crash with many people in local or events just happen too far and at inconvenient times to participate.

Again... Chaos is not the answer.  Trying to force players who chose a PVE game into a PVP situation doesn't solve anything.  If people wanted to play PVP, they can choose to do that, but that is COMPLETELY different than what the OP is asking for.  They are asking for a scaling challenge from PVE mobs.

Once someone has gear and done some exploring, the options should not be PVP or Farmville, otherwise this is not a PVE game as the multitude of Freedom Isles is supposed to be.  Please stop with the "go to Chaos" crap. That's your answer to everything.  It minimizes the opinions of others because you (mostly you as I don't see many other people on this thread whining about changes, and most are actually rather welcoming of some change) don't think it's a good idea. Fine, we get it. You like to have your deed and eat it too.  WU is a great option for that.  For people who want more interaction with the world outside their deed, and with other players, not necessarily against other players, there's Wurm Online with the SEVEN servers dedicated to it being a PVE game.

• Like 2

Chaos definitely not the answer.  You'll more than likely get your butt killed by a person while trying to hunt for new mobs to fight.  Then you'll spawn with nothing and no real way to get off of Chaos.  Most of the Chaos only mobs are not really solo mobs anyways and they are not abundant at all.

Drake Spirits and NoGumps are kind of a group thing.  Drake Spirits are the worst since they can go land and water and have HUGE aggro rang.  Always rather go against a person than a Drake Spirit.  lol

• Like 1

Making mobs harder at night at least should raise their skill gain from killing them at least.  I hope.  If not then I'm totally against this.

• Like 2

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Seriphina said:
Spoiler

First, not sure where this came in... but YES you did read my post. You were the first to comment on it with the whole "save the newbs" or "nubs will be scared" comments that mean nothing in a game that's over 10 years old.

This is a sandbox game.  Let's look at some other successful sandbox games... How about Eve?  There are npcs that people can seek out to fight (ratting) that have progressively more difficulty based on how populated or not the area is.  This concept could be implemented here rather nicely. 

Beyond that, I'm sorry that there are people that sit in their deeds 24/7 farming or imping stuff to sell on the market.  I shouldn't get half a game because they only play half a game.  If they want to only venture out sometimes, then they can occasionally put on gear, mount a cart with some fast horses, and go where they need to go.  Otherwise, add some walls around the deed, build some of the fancy new bridges, and get over it.

It comes from the "latest trend" ... to somehow get and keep new people and not force them to quit at day 2, because bears or w/e.. else they meet bags them and sends them to tents/tokens.

Artificially boosting a mob/champ/unique/etc's power based on people in local is dull and bland. Not to mention scaling loot amount from people nearby(local or x-tiles around the mob).

I'll admit that it's simple and not precise, fits the old template of mechanics, but while you think people are going to team up and play together more..

I'd expect Bob Joe, Bobba Jane and Jon Bob to be in local.. fighting the same mob from the same pc(main + alts on a cart, just having fun with the new loot booster) *shrugs*

Nothing changes, other than resupplying with meat faster.(idea's missing something)

---edit

6 hours ago, Seriphina said:

Please stop with the "go to Chaos" crap. That's your answer to everything.

:blink:No.. I'd usually never send anybody there.. just human 'ai' is way better than current ai, and plenty of people wont like the upcoming ai if it hands their asses to them.. there wasn't much love for fog spiders with the poison wounds.. there were no smiles after the LT nerf. What I meant was simple.. challenge is there.. if the person thinks it's ready for the test. If he doesn't like to pvp, he wont go to pvp, doesn't change the fact that mobs there are 'fun' to kill.

6 hours ago, Seriphina said:

Fine, we get it. You like to have your deed and eat it too.

nani?:huh:

Edited by Finnn

2 hours ago, Finnn said:
  Hide contents

It comes from the "latest trend" ... to somehow get and keep new people and not force them to quit at day 2, because bears or w/e.. else they meet bags them and sends them to tents/tokens.

Artificially boosting a mob/champ/unique/etc's power based on people in local is dull and bland. Not to mention scaling loot amount from people nearby(local or x-tiles around the mob).

I'll admit that it's simple and not precise, fits the old template of mechanics, but while you think people are going to team up and play together more..

I'd expect Bob Joe, Bobba Jane and Jon Bob to be in local.. fighting the same mob from the same pc(main + alts on a cart, just having fun with the new loot booster) *shrugs*

Nothing changes, other than resupplying with meat faster.(idea's missing something)

---edit

:blink:No.. I'd usually never send anybody there.. just human 'ai' is way better than current ai, and plenty of people wont like the upcoming ai if it hands their asses to them.. there wasn't much love for fog spiders with the poison wounds.. there were no smiles after the LT nerf. What I meant was simple.. challenge is there.. if the person thinks it's ready for the test. If he doesn't like to pvp, he wont go to pvp, doesn't change the fact that mobs there are 'fun' to kill.

You're a broken record man, we get it, you don't want change and that's fine. Just give your -1 and move along, lets wait for other peoples opinions on the suggestion.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Finnn said:
  Hide contents

---edit

First, you're looking at this backwards. More players in the area = less difficulty, lower loot table.  So, riding around on a cart with your alts would hinder someone's progress if they're hunting for fun and profit.  Areas near starting zones have easier mobs.

Second, human AI includes politics and keyboard warriors... Like the people who KOS players on freedom for walking on their deed.  Human factor doesn't make a greater challenge, it makes drama.

Finally, on the matter of people who want to stay on their deed but also be able to roam freely without having to worry about running into monsters... Just no.  If you're leaving the safety of home, you should have to gear up and prepare for the venture. Kiss the wife and kids goodbye and let them pray for your safe return.  The world is full of dangers, as it should be.  There's a reason people are programmed to be afraid in the dark.

• Like 1

When I started playing, I always went inside when it got dark! As long as it's not a huge amount of increase and we get some extra skill gain, I love this idea. I'd love special night creatures, too, or current ones that only come out at night/day, but that's moving into lots of work for devs land.

I've been saying we need more variations of mob strengths for years... My suggestion to it is that humanoid mobs should have AI that allows them to group up as a team creating humanoid camps where they somewhat spawn or protect a semi king or leader.. And like rifts allowing loot drop but not specific to moon metals only. I would love to see a mob of sorts drop a random armor piece made of random material at a random quality... Not only armor but any useable item the game already has. 

The sense of adventure would be much more real and fun. 

+1

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 10:26 AM, MaurizioAM said:

I've been saying we need more variations of mob strengths for years... My suggestion to it is that humanoid mobs should have AI that allows them to group up as a team creating humanoid camps where they somewhat spawn or protect a semi king or leader.. And like rifts allowing loot drop but not specific to moon metals only. I would love to see a mob of sorts drop a random armor piece made of random material at a random quality... Not only armor but any useable item the game already has. 

The sense of adventure would be much more real and fun. 

+1

Some other games have pack wolves that will spawn by themselves but as they wonder around they may attack another wolf or they will team up and create a pack and wonder around together.

Dunno about trolls doing this though.  lol  Insta kill if they all sneak up from behind you.

Good idea with recipes on humanoid mobs.  Would like to see more things like that.  Don't tell us and just surprise us by having people talk in chat about getting items from mobs.  Like trolls can drop their damaged gear along with the troll club.  That might help some noobs out or be cool to collect and wear or something.

Just mindless brain storming right now.

I could only suggest you should try pvp servers. I felt the same after the first rift I went to, it was exciting first minute. There's no mob or mechanic that can simulate fight against another player or group. Try first to disregard all misconceptions freedomers and forums kept feeding you about pvp community.

15 hours ago, bramsky said:

I could only suggest you should try pvp servers. I felt the same after the first rift I went to, it was exciting first minute. There's no mob or mechanic that can simulate fight against another player or group. Try first to disregard all misconceptions freedomers and forums kept feeding you about pvp community.

The issue I'm having is I play with my GF, and she has no interest in hunting at all, the though of just leaving her playing alone on freedom does not make it seem worth the trouble for me, and now with the whole combat update coming to epic first I'm tempted to try epic and see what is actually happening with the fighting.

making a bunch of stronger monsters is not going to solve the lack of enjoyment from hunting, you are going to be doing the same thing over and over again anyway. if fighting was more interactive then it would be much more fun. Currently, many people can "accidentally" kill things when afking for a bit. Coming back from dinner to see 3 huge spider corpses you killed without even looking at is enough to show that PvE combat is not designed to be enjoyable. Its just like crafting, Have the right stuff and wait to get your products.

give it a try, you can easily jump back to freedom and if you don't like it no one will judge you. i was jumping from freedom to epic and back for more then half year and now i'm thinking of disbanding freedom deeds, i just don't play it anymore. palying with GF is not an issue since there are couples playing epic, if GF is not interested in fighting or pvp noone will force her, plenty of things to do. pick home server you like and join some village.

On 9/6/2017 at 7:43 PM, Yiraia said:

making a bunch of stronger monsters is not going to solve the lack of enjoyment from hunting, you are going to be doing the same thing over and over again anyway. if fighting was more interactive then it would be much more fun. Currently, many people can "accidentally" kill things when afking for a bit. Coming back from dinner to see 3 huge spider corpses you killed without even looking at is enough to show that PvE combat is not designed to be enjoyable. Its just like crafting, Have the right stuff and wait to get your products.

Thats the reason why I was talking about AI and not just buffing stats, wich are two different things.  AI is the behavior of the mob, other than a complete rehaul of the fighting system (wich will never be done) there isnt a lot more that can be done to make it more interesting.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:10 AM, bramsky said:

give it a try, you can easily jump back to freedom and if you don't like it no one will judge you. i was jumping from freedom to epic and back for more then half year and now i'm thinking of disbanding freedom deeds, i just don't play it anymore. palying with GF is not an issue since there are couples playing epic, if GF is not interested in fighting or pvp noone will force her, plenty of things to do. pick home server you like and join some village.

PvP is not an option and is not the topic of this thread.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:08 PM, Legios said:

I've been playing a few months

No to everything you said in your OP. Wurm is unlike other games with mob combat within it in that mobs of every difficulty level spawn everywhere whereas in other games they are contained within "Leveled" areas. This means that players who are either unable or disinterested in higher level (or as Wurm would have it difficulty) mobs can simply avoid, not travel to or settle within those areas. Within Wurm there in no way to do this.

So now when players such as yourself who believe that everyone else should have to meet up to their standards and desired difficulty in killing mobs, show that they have no concern for everyone else. This is why I disagree totally with your suggestions. They only way increasing mob difficulty to your particular standards would benefit other players is if they have a choice whether to engage (fight) these mobs or not. Currently in Wurm they don't, other than with Rift mobs, which is why that is a good system because it contains them and people such as yourself can go there and people such as myself can have nothing to do with them.

So your approach to killing mobs more "trivial" than Champion Trolls, or even them it seems, may have been an acceptable idea if you proposed some contained spawns of them perhaps within a few locations on each server. Yet you don't even exhibit any concern about anyone else. This is a common thing I note amongst players who think that mobs of Trolls and below are too easy to kill after a short period of time playing the game. Maybe it is for them because of their *combat focus* in playing Wurm but I find that combat is just a minor part of the game and mainly a nuisance at that because it can not really be avoided. Even on deeds mobs will spawn in mines and without the extra cost of a Spirit Templar the deed villagers will have to kill them themselves.

Many people play the game with different play style focus, so the unavoidable mob combat with all levels of their difficulty swarming everywhere on every server should not be increased for just the benefit of those focused upon combat and killing of them. The game needs to be moderated because of this as to mob combat. Not too difficult to understand if looking beyond one's own desires. Yet perhaps that is more the issue, eh?

=Ayes=

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ayes said:

No to everything you said in your OP. Wurm is unlike other games with mob combat within it in that mobs of every difficulty level spawn everywhere whereas in other games they are contained within "Leveled" areas. This means that players who are either unable or disinterested in higher level (or as Wurm would have it difficulty) mobs can simply avoid, not travel to or settle within those areas. Within Wurm there in no way to do this.

So now when players such as yourself who believe that everyone else should have to meet up to their standards and desired difficulty in killing mobs, show that they have no concern for everyone else. This is why I disagree totally with your suggestions. They only way increasing mob difficulty to your particular standards would benefit other players is if they have a choice whether to engage (fight) these mobs or not. Currently in Wurm they don't, other than with Rift mobs, which is why that is a good system because it contains them and people such as yourself can go there and people such as myself can have nothing to do with them.

So your approach to killing mobs more "trivial" than Champion Trolls, or even them it seems, may have been an acceptable idea if you proposed some contained spawns of them perhaps within a few locations on each server. Yet you don't even exhibit any concern about anyone else. This is a common thing I note amongst players who think that mobs of Trolls and below are too easy to kill after a short period of time playing the game. Maybe it is for them because of their *combat focus* in playing Wurm but I find that combat is just a minor part of the game and mainly a nuisance at that because it can not really be avoided. Even on deeds mobs will spawn in mines and without the extra cost of a Spirit Templar the deed villagers will have to kill them themselves.

Many people play the game with different play style focus, so the unavoidable mob combat with all levels of their difficulty swarming everywhere on every server should not be increased for just the benefit of those focused upon combat and killing of them. The game needs to be moderated because of this as to mob combat. Not too difficult to understand if looking beyond one's own desires. Yet perhaps that is more the issue, eh?

=Ayes=

The game already caters 500x more towards crafters that are 100% out of danger while they hang out in their deed making the same pair of shoes yet making more money than those out there in the wild looking to make a living too.. why is it so easy for people to just blatantly avoid the fact that the game is very imbalanced when it comes to risk vs reward, the people taking no risk are reaping all the rewards. End game should not be stay at home and craft, and tag along to that public unique, that usually has so many people that provide no challenge at all. 

Since I joined so far the game has told me.. if you want to make money, just stay home and do the same stuff over and over, there is nothing out there for you because you can get everything while in your own deed.. I understand the game is old, and so is the community, and maybe not everybody is suited for an action packed adventure like I am, but at the same time, the game is stagnant, every update lately is usually a container or a new tile for the stay at home player.

The market for bulk is already saturated, a newb would have to put in twice the work and still undercut the veteran with an empire.. so what do we newbs do? we go out and hunt because we believe that is the best option instead of mining 1000 rocks for hours to then turn into bricks for hours to then try to sell for hours.. to make absolutely nothing but then we hit the harsh reality that the game is a sandbox with no adventure or challenges.

I just want to see balance, and just remember that  " Survive the wilderness on a PVE-server " is on the main website of the game and is 100% untrue.

Edited by Legios
  • Like 1