Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 1/JUN/17

DNS issue compensation.

This week we encountered some issues when our name server hosts migrated to a different platform. As some were unable to connect during this time we will be extending premium time on all existing premium accounts by 3 days to thank you all for your patience.

We will also be adding 5 hours sleep bonus to every account, up to a maximum of 10 hours. Sleeping in a bed, or doing anything that calculates sleep bonus will not reset this to 5 hours.

Changes

• Increased chance for reed and kelp tiles and reduced chance of grass overtaking a tile next to tundra.
  • Map annotation limits have been raised to 100 for village and 150 for alliance.
  • Harvest seasons which were changed in the last update may still be harvestable during their old season until that is finished and will then follow the changed season harvest.
  • In an effort to reduce some server lag recipe and cooking polling has been slowed. You may notice that when cooking, all meals may not be ready at the same time.
  • Grape and Rose trellises can now be crafted with their respective sprouts.

Bug Fixes

• Bugfix: Camera freezing issues (commonly known as the embark bug) when embarking a vehicle or mount after reconnecting have been addressed.
  • Bugfix: Spells can again be cast on open helms.
  • Bugfix: Certain bugged sandwiches should now work correctly.
  • Bugfix:  Trellises should now show an almost ripe message when examined and the time is right.
  • Bugfix:  Cave-in fix so that rock should not change to rock salt or sandstone.
  • Bugfix: Trellises can now have sprouts and seedlings picked when available.
  • Like 13

31 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

• Bugfix: Camera freezing issues (commonly known as the embark bug) when embarking a vehicle or mount after reconnecting have been addressed.

thank you and well done.

Thank you, Wurm Team <3 3 extra premium days AND Sleep Bonus! You guys are great :) I'm also very excited about a fix for the embark bug.

reduced chance of grass overtaking a tile next to tundra

:wub:

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the extra prem time and sleep bonus. It was unexpected. Thanks for the fixes as well!

Thanks for the long hard work on the embark bug and also for the sb :)

• Like 1

Finally the embark bug fixed.  Now toilet paper sales on Chaos will decline!!!

• Like 2

Oops. Posted that to early. It showed up after reloging. 

Edited by Talohan
Jumped the gun

Every update is better than the last! *runs around thrilled about no more embark bug*

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Grape and Rose trellises can now be crafted with their respective sprouts

Does this mean we'll no longer find these seedlings while bot/foraging?

Also, yay sammiches!

Appreciate the sleep bonus, it cost's you nothing and is a great gift in addition to the 3 days premium compensation for the DNS issues.

Slaying the embark bug could quite possibly be the biggest deal for the year.

• Like 1

It wasn't your fault, and yet you guys took responsibility for it.

Very professional and classy.

The embark bug is finally gone.. I'm so happy to hear this! People have died because of this.

I wasn't expecting sleep bonus compensation since we were already getting prem time, that was a very nice surprise, thank you wurm team. :wub:

Increased chance for reed and kelp tiles and reduced chance of grass overtaking a tile next to tundra.

Bugfix:  Cave-in fix so that rock should not change to rock salt or sandstone.

THANK YOU!

Bugfix: Camera freezing issues (commonly known as the embark bug) when embarking a vehicle or mount after reconnecting have been addressed.

Can not say enough thanks for this!!!

The +5h sb in addition to the 3 day prem time is really generous.

Edited by Jaz

Thanks for going above and beyond with regard to the compensation! And for all the ongoing work, so happy the embark bug is gone!

Just a minor patch, but what a whopper!  Embark fix?  most frequently requested fix for the last few years and if it is solved, well done!

Map notes and sandstone cave-ins are also GREATLY appreciated.

Also the game time and SB are extremely generous.  Thank you!!

seems like embarking still happens but it fixes itself automatically, actually had one case where it reloaded my client.

Edited by Niki

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

seems like embarking still happens but it fixes itself automatically, actually had one case where it reloaded my client.

Devs are on to it.. hopefully a polished fix soon:ph34r:

• Like 1

So last night I was reckless and leaped onto my wagon and carts while running jumping dancing and impossible distances and not once did it freeze up. I did suffer a server disconnect while dismounting the horse once, it was a fast disconnect/reconnect.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this