Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Hanging lamps without poles (+planting on the walls)

Many people just push hanging lamps into wall to hide pole and make feeling that lamp is mounted to the wall, by the metal part.

Sadly it cannot be done with mine walls, poles are always visible. Would be nice if there were versions of hanging lamps without poles.

Another thing is ability to plant hanging lamps on the walls (left/right/center like we do with trellises).

EDIT: Or, maybe planting would hide pole automatically in the wall, so there would be no need to make another set of models, without poles.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 3

+1 to lamps on walls, -1 to an auto-hide of poles upon planting. 

1 hour ago, Vean said:

How dare you, without Poles? :P

Yeah, too many Poles in this game.

On 6/1/2017 at 5:48 AM, Wilczan said:

Yeah, too many Poles in this game.

I always favor having more Poles.

What do you mean by "without pole". Would it still have a thing that makes it look like its propped on a wall? Or just a floating lantern. Would be cool if blessed lanterns float when dropped (like courier changing a strange device on a cast). +1 to both

• Like 1

Faeries imprisoned inside floating glass jars? Heh faery abuse... Reminds me of vgcats.

With the new cave tile borders there is not a corner border on the side of the tile that is against a wall. It would be very nice to the able to plant hanging lamp, and torches, against reinforced cave walls (plant left, right or centre - like trellis against walls). If this also resulted in the lamp giving the appearance of being mounting on the wall, so much the better, but this as this would mean a difference in how the brass/iron/imperial lamps are placed it might not be possible.

Or on a different tack, now we have bless lamps, why not some similar and add blessed support beams which when used to reinforce a mine wall include a lamp that provides the same light as a lamp of the same quality of as the support beam - or have variants of support beam that include lamps (which can be blessed to stay lit off deed).