Sign in to follow this  
murda

disintergate

Mag priests should already be able to cast the spell on pve but usually takes quite a few turns to get a successful cast.

• Like 1

quite a few - I have never had any success on reinforces

explains why support beams still worth something

It's meant to be difficult. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's 0.1% chance every 1 power of cast. I.e a 100 power cast has a 10% chance of popping the reinforcement?

1 hour ago, Redd said:

It's meant to be difficult. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's 0.1% chance every 1 power of cast. I.e a 100 power cast has a 10% chance of popping the reinforcement?

for mag its 1 in (100-power)+1 chance or 1 in 2 for 100 power, so for a 100 power cast it should be 50% and for a 0 power cast 0.99%.

for everyone else its 1 in (200-power*2)+1 or 1 in 2 for 100 power, so for a 100 power cast 50% and for 0 power 0.49%.

the (100-power) and the (200-power*2) cant be less than 1 so basically for 50% chance for mag you need a 99 power cast, for every other priest 100.

tho im not sure which priest other than mag even has disintegrate on pve servers?

I have no menu to disintegrate on nahjo. But I remember mag priest is stupidly hard to destroy even on high chanelling.

Edited by murda

I am confused, that many spells are useless for long time and need only change one number in code. Also fractic charge has useless timeout. On 50ch it give me approx 30s. So its waste favor  for that cast. Y can find many other spells, which need tweak.

Edited by murda

Its supposed to be difficult as red said for balance reasons and basicly has a lot of luck involved, we popped two veins in two casts each last week and a third took 1100 veggies (the two fast ones were a mag and a nahjo while both deities took ages on the third and im not sure how much favor the nahjo burned on that pesky third one adding to my total).

4 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Its supposed to be difficult as red said for balance reasons and basicly has a lot of luck involved, we popped two veins in two casts each last week and a third took 1100 veggies (the two fast ones were a mag and a nahjo while both deities took ages on the third and im not sure how much favor the nahjo burned on that pesky third one adding to my total).

Now that is where you could be faster simply mining it away :)

I only ever try the spell on PVE for reinforced walls, veins are less frustration for me to be burned away or simply mined out. Do reinforced tiles has the same difficulty as veins/rock or is it even harder to succeed?

Edited by Jaz

No! The "disintegrate" spell should not work at all on the PvE servers in reference to removing reinforced cave walls. As is currently reinforced cave walls on the PvE servers offer very good protection to areas of off deed mines used by players and should retain that protection with the currently remote chance that "disintegrate" will still work on them anyway.

So leave it as is I say. Players can always place, expand or resize deeds to easily mine away reinforced cave walls, which I recently did myself. If not then stay out of those areas and live with the fact that on the PvE servers this protection of reinforced cave walls is valuable.

=Ayes=

21 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Now that is where you could be faster simply mining it away :)

I only ever try the spell on PVE for reinforced walls, veins are less frustration for me to be burned away or simply mined out.

I was banned from smelting and storing any more iron :( they were 8-9k veins

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I just mined down two iron veins (about 5-6k in each one).

Would never bother with smelting and storing. I just put ore right into bsb and bash bsb after it's full.

Of course it wasn't utmost : )

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ayes said:

No! The "disintegrate" spell should not work at all on the PvE servers in reference to removing reinforced cave walls. As is currently reinforced cave walls on the PvE servers offer very good protection to areas of off deed mines used by players and should retain that protection with the currently remote chance that "disintegrate" will still work on them anyway.

True - most of the time.

Still I got stuck with the silly 2x5 tile perimeter a few times already where reinforced walls block the redesign of my mines. You simply cannot play with the deed nudging when you hit your other deed perimeter :S

This leads back to the suggestions of perimeter redesign - or a new one to make it easier to disintegrate reinforced walls on your own perimeter.

59 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

For the same reason I simply let the lower ql iron rot on the cave floor...