Sign in to follow this  
Wimble

We Get An Extra Day Premium For This Downtime? :D

Do we get a day premium for this downtime where majority of us cannot play?  Not sure why I chose to post in here, but seems most fitted. :P

• Like 1

Unlikely, as circumstances are beyond their control...

• Like 1

Technically, you can play... so no real downtime...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Odynn said:

that fix doesn't work for everyone,i can't play,but i do agree with  Malokai.

• Like 3

Editing the hosts file should work for everyone (at least on windows - linux) no idea about mac/apple stuff... agreed, it requires to go editing some windows files and can be seen as a bit techy.

Edited by Odynn

7 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Not without screwing up my network connection crap.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wimble said:

Do we get a day premium for this downtime where majority of us cannot play?  Not sure why I chose to post in here, but seems most fitted. :P

Short answer: No

Long answer: No we don't.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finnn said:

why 8 hours?

so we can log in in our beds and wake up with 5hrs. why else would we want over 5 hrs? :P

I still have a char with 10hours sb.. never bothered to use that:unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odynn said:

Not without tech background or hiring someone who can assist with such issue which is not our fault either ! So at least sleep powder will be nice as reimbursement !

Anyone knows how long this downtime going to be ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rhea said:

Not without tech background or hiring someone who can assist with such issue which is not our fault either ! So at least sleep powder will be nice as reimbursement !

Anyone knows how long this downtime going to be ?

There's plenty of help.. probably more than 10 threads with the solution spread around in the past 1-2 days, you just seem to not want to play:unsure:

6 minutes ago, Finnn said:

There's plenty of help.. probably more than 10 threads with the solution spread around in the past 1-2 days, you just seem to not want to play:unsure:

Let's do not argue about it. I want to play, moreover I got whole village to take care of and my toon atm left in middle or wilderness ( was on hunting trip when this issue happened ), I need to  log to game Asap but I am afraid to mess with my system files as I do not have tech background. If I mess up something who is going to help me to fix my computer? You?

Great that it works for you, so you will not get sleep powder then, as for us who are suffering from such problem I just suggested to have some form of reimbursement. This is not our fault right ? If you disagree with me , just ignore it and have fun in Wurm ( I am sure there are probably half of players only online atm ) :mellow:

• Like 2

I agree with Rhea not all of us wants to change settings and risk to loose internet or not knowing how to fix it back after because somehow things are not going as intented while trying to fix it...

• Like 3

I don't want to state an opinion of any sort in this matter. But I do want to point this out.

Wurm Online Game Agreement

Code Club AB is not under any obligation to refund through any mechanism for game time lost through any “downtime” in the Wurm Online Service. Code Club AB may at its own discretion credit player accounts using the “Sleep Bonus” mechanism.

They may, but don't have to, it seems. :)

Edited by Agani
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rhea said:

Let's do not argue about it. I want to play, moreover I got whole village to take care of and my toon atm left in middle or wilderness ( was on hunting trip when this issue happened ), I need to  log to game Asap but I am afraid to mess with my system files as I do not have tech background. If I mess up something who is going to help me to fix my computer? You?

Great that it works for you, so you will not get sleep powder then, as for us who are suffering from such problem I just suggested to have some form of reimbursement. This is not our fault right ? If you disagree with me , just ignore it and have fun in Wurm ( I am sure there are probably half of players only online atm ) :mellow:

6a45d212c88f4a15b9ea6353c6527d50.pngI could..

But the obvious problem is trust, you don't know me.. you must know somebody tech savvy and able to help you tho.. 

There's explanations, screenshots, even a video how to do it step by step, no way to get it wrong:)

Anyway, you're also right for what you're stating.

"Decent" amount are playing atm, not everyone obviously.. and xana indy deli numbers do vary.. :unsure:

10 hours then, couldn't remember if it was 8 or 10. Thing is, it doesn't hurt to go a extra step to make your customers happy. Why do people get so worked up about every little thing. 

55 minutes ago, Finnn said:

None of them has worked for me yet :(

I tried to do the host fix. Says I don't have permission to change it. I am the only account and the admin of my computer. If someone can tell me how I can make myself queen of my computer I would be greatly obliged.

Copy the hosts file out to your desktop.

Right click on it, turn off Readonly

You can edit it now

Copy back to the original location, Windows will ask for privileges and if you want to overwrite, allow both.

Then there is people like me who do not want to g around in the cmd prompts and do not feel comfortable.....Then to Undo it when the crisis is over? na no game is worth that much trouble in my opinion. yes I love Wurm but for putting priorities in order...my real life is more important to worry about.

Now for who ever said that because there is a work around there should be no compensation.. I agree we should not get one for a different reason.. Just because there is a work around.. that a user posted, not an alternative that Wurm Suggested or recommended, also with the fact that this is beyond their control.. it has nothing to to with their programming..So why should they have to compensate for something that is not their fault.

Sits in my corner and waits patiently 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RavenLure said:

Then there is people like me who do not want to g around in the cmd prompts and do not feel comfortable.....Then to Undo it when the crisis is over? na no game is worth that much trouble in my opinion. yes I love Wurm but for putting priorities in order...my real life is more important to worry about.

I'm sorry, i really don't want to offend anyone, but so many people are bitching how they don't have techinical background and are afraid for no reason to mess something irevetsible. You need just to edit one txt file, to add one line at the end of file, and then to remove that line when they fix it. Nothing techical about it. Ok file is not explicitly txt little somewhat advance windows using in coping it to location where you can open it as Administrator because windows has user account control but thats also barely some advance windows using. As for what you can mess up when you follow instructions, basicly nothing excepts your connectivity to wurm if you don't delete line after everything is fixed and they change ip of server. So to be honest nothing hard for even non tech persons and nothing to be afraid of. It's not a bad thing to learn something technical ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

I'm sorry, i really don't want to offend anyone, but so many people are bitching how they don't have techinical background and are afraid for no reason to mess something irevetsible. You need just to edit one txt file, to add one line at the end of file, and then to remove that line when they fix it. Nothing techical about it. Ok file is not explicitly txt little somewhat advance windows using in coping it to location where you can open it as Administrator because windows has user account control but thats also barely some advance windows using. As for what you can mess up when you follow instructions, basicly nothing excepts your connectivity to wurm if you don't delete line after everything is fixed and they change ip of server. So to be honest nothing hard for even non tech persons and nothing to be afraid of. It's not a bad thing to learn something technical ;)

I find it funny that you act like it is no big deal.  That is all done and good for YOU,  but some are just not comfy doing stuff like that, and yes it is offending, because of your lack  of  others discomfort in doing some thing.  We are not all the same. . So if you  have nothing nice to say... . ..

If you have a smartphone you can use it as router and get a different start as I did.

It was my IPS that did not find the way, at least that is how I understand it.

I have another provider on my phone.

Edit: activate mobile hotspot on phone then select that one in the list of available networks on your computer.

Edited by Cecci
details