Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: DNS connectivity issues

WSA.png

Due to circumstances out of control our servers are currently having delays transferring domain hosts. We are in the process of pushing this through, but players may encounter difficulties in connecting.

In the meantime, check out the forums for up to date info when we have it.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/

• Like 3

The correct IP should be 148.251.21.205 for the host jenn001.game.wurmonline.com

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The correct IP should be 148.251.21.205 for the host jenn001.game.wurmonline.com

Thanks boo, you're the best

Going to leave that post from Jaz here since it might help some get their daily fix:

credits goes to the man for explaining how to use the hosts files (which explains the IP asked above). Follows the steps in there (keep a copy of the hosts file if you are scared of screwing something up dramatically) and see you in Wurm soon.

• Like 1

works for windows too - the instructions are there in the post a bit lower for windows too :)

On Windows :

Look for the folder : C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\

in it there is a file named hosts

Copy/Paste it on your desktop.

Open it with notepad and add the line 148.251.21.205 jenn001.game.wurmonline.com at the end of the file.

Save the changes.

Copy/Paste it back in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\ folder.

Once the DNS are fixed, remove the added line from the hosts file the same way you did (or before following the whole procedure, make a backup copy).

Nota, you do not change the IP adress, you let your computer know where the login server is (basicly what a DNS do).

Edited by Odynn

(Also posted in the DNS Quick Fix thread): 

For the less tech savy, I made this video when I fixed the problem for myself. It's nothing dangerous, no worries. Just remember to remove the line written after the issue has been fixed: 

Edited by harald921
  • Like 1

I'd like to note that you could just comment out the line when we are past this by place a # in front of the added line xD Then it's there in the event it needs to be done again.

Seems too much of a bother to me to do an IP change...I'm patience and can wait for the warriors to fix my Wurm. :P

• Like 2

because of the admin privileges you probably weren't allowed to save the file there...

You could... windows 7/8/10 doesnt matter.. in the start menu search bar.. type: "notepad" and once it shows up... right click the name, and select 'run as administrator"

e2c3ecc0eaac4445b7db95d5f363af1f.png

Once it opens.. click File, Open, paste this "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" and hit enter..(it will open the file)

07d28303b7494e0d897b77d47efd53f5.png

in the end just add this

148.251.21.205   jenn001.game.wurmonline.com

it just have to be on a new line of it's own

File-> Save, close.. and you should be able to play.

once forum's without the DNS WSA alert.. you could do the same.. action.. and remove that line(when game's dnses are back to normal)

I kept puting # infront of the ip and didn't worked,now thanks to harald921 i did exactly as in the video and it works :D 

• Like 2

I don't understand why did it got fixed faster the day of the updates and this time it's taking longer...it was the same issue the last time :(  Getting tired of waiting for the game to work again and I refuse to try any of those options because I'm no computer teach and why change something when you'll have to do it all over again once the game is back up and running...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shagsangel said:

I don't understand why did it got fixed faster the day of the updates and this time it's taking longer...it was the same issue the last time :(  Getting tired of waiting for the game to work again and I refuse to try any of those options because I'm no computer teach and why change something when you'll have to do it all over again once the game is back up and running...

The symptom you see is the same, the issue is different :)

• Like 1

Even with admin rights my win10 computer doesnt allow me to adjust the host file. I switched the read only option off. My rights on the file seems ok but at the moment that i add 148.251.21.205 jenn001.game.wurmonline.com and trying to save it it wont allow me to overwrite the original host file. Also Avira pops up blocking it.

Think I will just wait till the problem is fixed , instead of playing with things and making it worse.

• Like 3

Dunno about win10.. but you figured your problem.. :) and av seems to hint you.. that it's dumb.. :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, trafficcontrol said:

Even with admin rights my win10 computer doesnt allow me to adjust the host file. I switched the read only option off. My rights on the file seems ok but at the moment that i add 148.251.21.205 jenn001.game.wurmonline.com and trying to save it it wont allow me to overwrite the original host file. Also Avira pops up blocking it.

For Win 7/10...  try drag and drop the hosts file to your desktop.  Make the changes there, then drag and drop it back to " c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ "

Well, drag & drop works to change the file, but win10 does not care if it is changed - it still does not find jenn001.game.wurmonline.com...

Sign in to follow this