Sign in to follow this  
Steeloxide

Unable to locate server

1 hour ago, Kelody said:

Finnn's fix doesn't seem to work anymore.

Adding Google DNS for IPv6 worked.

• 2001:4860:4860::8888
  • 2001:4860:4860::8844

help its not working

Edited by Pwnin

help not even ipv6 changes help

Edited by Pwnin

8 minutes ago, Pwnin said:

help not even ipv6 changes help

There is nothing that can be done you just have to sit tight and wait. 

I tried changing both the ipv4 & 6, not working for me.

Thinking I should have stayed with my original thought to just wait it out.

Best o luck, Later all.

After many unsuccessful tries to connect I tried switching to Google DNS and that seems to have done the trick as I was able to login.

10 minutes ago, Kelody said:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Not sure why Finnn hid this in a spoiler.

If you still can't get into Wurm after changing both, make sure you do the test in that link.

this worked

1 hour ago, Kelody said:

Finnn's fix doesn't seem to work anymore.

Adding Google DNS for IPv6 worked.

• 2001:4860:4860::8888
  • 2001:4860:4860::8844

link or maybe more discriptive for the computer impared

theres a ipv4 i had to do too

Not working for me....can't seem to ping the address I found in another thread:

Anyone that has it working able to confirm that is the right IP and they can ping it?

Thank you. Modifying to manual DNS in my Adapter settings to the google DNS did the trick in Windows 10.

17 minutes ago, Pwnin said:

link or maybe more discriptive for the computer impared

theres a ipv4 i had to do too

I was adding info to Finnn's post. I have edited mine to more clearly give the info.

I have a feeling that issues with Google DNS might have some country specific situations.

Also, a common simple step often overlooked is if adjusting the DNS isn't working, restart the computer.

1 minute ago, KageTenshi said:

Modifying to manual DNS in my Adapter settings to the google DNS

Dang, I wish I knew what that meant. I can not log on too, blek.

TeeeBOMB

Well.. if you all are online playing Wurm...

Maybe a couple of you could make a few screen shots, post them here so I can sort of see what's going on? *sighs*

If servers are online could you post ip addresses so we can try to insert it in hosts tables?

Works thx... now that wasn't that hard, right wurm staff?

1 minute ago, Kelody said:

Thanks Kelody...

When I look at the page that link points to.. I read this part here... "Caution: We recommend that only users who are proficient with configuring operating system settings make these changes."

Then I wonder if its worth taking a chance completely messing up my computer to play a single online game... or maybe just hope/expect the game owners to fix this.

I remember this morning (for me here) I clicked the 'Wurm Online' icon on my desktop and I played Wurm Online .. was awesome. One thing I can't help but notice now .. there is something else happening.. something odd, different.. when I click that same icon.. I am not playing Wurm Online.

*shrugs*

Peace fellow Wurmanians o/

• Like 1

I can't login since this afternoon, either, and while I read the things in this thread, I am left no less baffled than before.  I have no clue what all these numbers and dots and fixes do or how to implement them or where.  Hopefully something will magically fix itself and I can play again.

This will get  anyone who wants online and for the  server list to show up.      Your Welcome

TCP20IP20Properties5B35D.png

2 minutes ago, Vortexxx said:

This will get  anyone who wants online and for the  server list to show up.      Your Welcome

TCP20IP20Properties5B35D.png

Do not change the "Use the following IP address" section. If your local network doesn't use the .1.xx subnet you will lose all network connectivity.

This is why Devs and GMs will not give advice on changing the DNS address. They would be liable for problems caused. Take any advice in this post carefully.

• Like 2

if it works it works if it doesn't then go back to your normal settings and wait for  Wurm to fix the issue :) 

well it appears it doesn't work all the time. I was able to login on two accounts with google public dns servers and it stopped working on relogin. Tried some other dns servers and was able to resolve jenn001...for those who know how to update hosts table this should work

148.251.21.205    jenn001.game.wurmonline.com

GoogleDNS worked for me when i changed both the ipv4 and ipv6 DNS addresses

2 minutes ago, Vortexxx said:

This will get  anyone who wants online and for the  server list to show up.

Thanks so much Vortexxx! You guys are very helpful. I will be looking at my settings here in a sec, but ...

My computer works, my internet works. I can surf the internet just fine. I can play other online games just fine. Why is it I have to go into my computer and modify it's DNS settings just to get this one online game to work?

This post is more for the game owners here. Shouldn't there be something the game owners can do. Some settings in their stuff can be fixed to allow everyone to play their game? I mean, instead of each user modifying all of their DNS settings around the world so they can play Wurm Online tonight? Then, when something does return to normal - all these dozens (hundreds? thousands) of users got to go back in again to conduct risky system changes that may have the result of completely messing up their individual computers so they can no longer connect to the internet?

I'd prefer it if Wurm Online modified their system so I can play their game.. or post some fix/patch so I can play the game. I would like to play Wurm Online.

I do appreciate all your posts here to help me (less computer literate of the Wurm Online population, I guess), I will be looking/reading this stuff. I really would prefer to play Wurm Online (tbh) instead of learning about how to modify my DNS settings.

peace

• Like 2

DNS change has helped - Stop Work

Unable to locate server The error was: <jenn001.game.wurmonline.com>

It's possible you might figure out what's wrong from the log file below, but if you can't, post the full log on the wurm online forums, and someone else might be able to help you.

Contents of console.log:
Time is Tue May 30 11:44:32 CEST 2017
Running client version 3.99.42

Edited by arci19pl