Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Increase valrei charges drop rate.

1 hour ago, Odynn said:

And I also know that going to hunt on others servers and 'steal' their uniques only create drama and is not a solution. And since I'm not one of those 'uniques thief' I base my reports on what happens on 'my' server, which is Deliverance.

Going to hunt on another server only lower the locals' amounts of charge per years, which is already insanely low. Basic maths prove it should be tweaked upward, not downward and only suggesting more drama as a solution.

There is no 'stealing' of uniques, the only people who own these are the ones that find them and kill them. 

The servers are open to all and people are free to travel where they want to, the only exception would be chaos of course, where you are still free to go where you want, but at great risk.

On 29.05.2017 at 8:26 PM, Odynn said:

Closer to 26 uniques if everything goes properly (52 weeks - divided by 2 weeks each... never going to happen of course.)

4/14 (or 29%) might drop something at 50% chance, not counting the dragon-kin seeing we never ever had a drop from them on deliverance.

So, on those 26 uniques, 8 will be humanoids (yah, rounded up again), which means that you might get 4 tomes per years.

A tome is 3 charges. Uniques can be taken down by a small group of players, but closer to a dozen more frequently... which in the end get the active hunters/slayers to one charge per years.

Looking up on the pedia, you will see that you have 14 charges.

Now with those maths in mind and knowing it's not the perfect world where you have decent odds, do you really think that 14 years to gather them all by playing normally is realistic? (Usual game odds push us way past the 20 years mark, seeing what we had once again on deliverance so far).

I get your point Odynn, really. However you think only within game mechanics borders and the truth is, that only few would ever try to get all tomes just from hunting even if it would take 1-2 years. This is Wurm, here's everything about trading. One would get few tomes and probably buy the rest from other players, just like now. We can still buy tomes, it's not easy, true, but we can get them this way. 

Also you're talking about hunting, but you have to remember that there's pretty much none public hunts at all, and with higher drop rate there probably won't be more of them. Private groups will pen mobs, and they will still killing them privately, with even higher benefits than now. Even Rift-like distribution won't stop it, because they will hunt them in silence to distribute rewards just between themselves. And that's fine to me, I've nothing against, even if i enjoyed slayings like nothing else in the past. Now I'm not going for slaying, which were the greatest fun in game for me, because I'm not in any of private groups. So most players wouldn't get more than one, maybe two tomes no matter what. 

And finally, I'm not one of these guys who tells that everything's for everyone. Who said that player have to get all the tomes? And if someone has a goal like this, needs it for achievement or just because, he can get it like others. Some players already got all tomes, so if one could make it, other can to. And if it's too difficult for someone, if someone can't face it, then shouldn't get a reward. That's my opinion. 

I, for example, I'm not a part of private group, I'm not hunting, penning, fighting, so why should I expect to be rewarded? If I'd really want to get more tomes than 2-3, I'd do my best to join Chaos, meet players involved in huntings, try to join them and then do my best to help them in looking for uniques, penning, fighting, and I'd have at least a chance to get a tome even one for year, but I could always try to trade others just like I'm doing now, because I'm still looking for 2 charges. But if i won't get em, probably I've tried too little or too late. I'm not the best player and afterall i think that some rewards like many tomes should be only for best players, not for everyone. 

That's only my opinion, but still I get your point, try to understand mine. 

I can totally see your point. My thoughts on it though are that whether you hunt or buy the tomes this change would help because right now they're insanely expensive because they're so very rare. As for "you don't need to collect them all" thats totally fair and some people are fine with never getting one or getting only one or two by luck without putting huge effort into it. The thing is that the choice to do that or to hunt them like crazy should be viable from either standpoint and i think i agree with Odynn here that the latter option, hunting and desiring to get them all is far too difficult and expensive as things currently stand.

I don't really see why you need to make it faster and easier nor why population matters, you still have a more reliable chance to get them than on Epic.

You put in the effort to pen and kill the things and you have a pretty good chance imo, on epic you put in a crap load more effort and it means pretty much squat. From where I sit it looks pretty cosy over there, especially if the cost of a worg takes that long to recover from despite having a smorgasbord of missions available.

• Like 1

That sounds like an argument for them to be easier to get on Epic not logic for why it should or shouldn't be changed on Freedom cluster. The clusters are seperate with seperate communities, playstyles, numbers, skills, reasons for getting tomes etc etc etc. Epic should have no bearing on balance changes on Freedom or vice versa.

That answer is basically "i want you lot to suffer like we do" instead of reasoned discussion on the matter =/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

There is no 'stealing' of uniques, the only people who own these are the ones that find them and kill them. 

51 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

If I'd really want to get more tomes than 2-3, I'd do my best to join Chaos, meet players involved in huntings, try to join them and then do my best to help them in looking for uniques, penning, fighting, and I'd have at least a chance to get a tome even one for year

Well, this is where I say, no, no and no. The whole X kingdom from chaos going from server to server to kill the uniques, or X group from Indy doing the same is NOT an option in a game where everyone should have the same chances. We had enough drama coming from those groups slaying them on the servers. Yes, till they are found, it's free game... but is it ethic, not really.

Current trouble is that unique are a huge pain to find, making the smaller sized servers (Deli - Exo - Cele - Pristine - Release) good hunting spots, less km² to comb through to find them. Chaos, Indy and Xanadu are the worst and those servers have still unfound uniques, the solution should be in the game mechanisms (make them buzz like bees in event when you get close to XXX tiles from them tied to server size for example) rather than the current idea of "it's too hard, lets go look somewhere else".

58 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

Some players already got all tomes, so if one could make it, other can to. And if it's too difficult for someone, if someone can't face it, then shouldn't get a reward. That's my opinion. 

One player got them through stealing, lieing and abusing others when they were at 100% drop, he ended up banned for similar behavior. Others went to 'loot' all the others servers or had the chance to trade with the first one. Difficulty was drastically increased after that, so no, you cannot compare that.

1 hour ago, Alkhadias said:

I'm not the best player and afterall i think that some rewards like many tomes should be only for best players, not for everyone.

My account is good, nowhere as good as dadd, but good (top 10 niarja, yadda yadda... i know plenty of good ones being hidden anyway, so meh...), point is, even through trading or being at all the hunts (and managing them in the fairest way as possible on Deli) since we had the valrei charge thief, we got basicly nothing. Yes, we got a few tomes, yes, we split them either through rolls or inside trading (GDKP), yes, i did buy a few as well and I'm still far from owning all of them despite the time I'm spending actively doing it.

Also you're talking about hunting, but you have to remember that there's pretty much none public hunts at all, and with higher drop rate there probably won't be more of them. Private groups will pen mobs, and they will still killing them privately, with even higher benefits than now.

I, for example, I'm not a part of private group, I'm not hunting, penning, fighting, so why should I expect to be rewarded?

And this is where I disagree with Jake and I have to disagree with you, YOU can get together a group of self minded people on your server and take back in your own hands what spawn on your server just like we did on Deliverance, like Pristine and Release are doing together.

Doing nothing and allowing others to take what can be yours is a mistake, letting others groups come on your server, manage and keep the uniques for themselves and fill their pockets by selling you the loot will help no one in the end.

I've done more than my share of helping others set up groups, teach them the basics, help them slay the beast and expected nothing in return, anyone can do that with a two handed weapon and friends, uniques hunts are not an elitist thing.

I'm going further away from the original point of the topic here;

Loot rate should be increased (and probably rebalanced overall... see nadroj post), mentalities need to change and game mechanisms probably need to be tweaked on larger servers. Original idea of the suggestion was to raise the amount for everyone, yes, I will (as everyone else in my group in fact) benefit from higher drops, but so will everyone else.

Devs want to increase the difficulty of creatures, make uniques harder to fight, not sure that's a good idea when you see the deep rifts between players, those who want things but doesn't do what it takes to have it, those who do things but get no rewards from it and those who thinks it's too hard for them to get into it.

There is plenty of matter in those threads for the devs (and community) to read, analyse and use to make the uniques fun again for everyone.

27 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I don't really see why you need to make it faster and easier nor why population matters, you still have a more reliable chance to get them than on Epic.

You put in the effort to pen and kill the things and you have a pretty good chance imo, on epic you put in a crap load more effort and it means pretty much squat. From where I sit it looks pretty cosy over there, especially if the cost of a worg takes that long to recover from despite having a smorgasbord of missions available

Sorry, but you already had Rolf nerf the drops with that reasoning. It's time that Freedom get back some freedom from the small epic crowd.

24 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

That answer is basically "i want you lot to suffer like we do" instead of reasoned discussion on the matter =/

What the good man said.

Edited by Odynn

Except its not about suffering, its about agreeing with the drop rate and adding that you actually stand a better chance if you think you are hard done by.

• Like 1

then go make a suggestion about changing things in Epic instead of saying Freedom isn't allowed balance changes because it sucks more on Epic? It's hardly conducive to progress.

"Our completely seperate game servers with different gameplay styles, events and reasons to get tomes has a harder time getting tomes than you do" Is not a reason why we shouldn't have it changed on Freedom. It's a reason why your opinion is that it sucks on Epic. Which may be correct, i don't really play on Epic so i wouldn't assume to know whether there's good reason for it to be so different, like more people getting keys to the heavens i suppose? Point is that if you're right or wrong about your opinion of how it works on Epic, that shouldn't have bearing on Freedom balance.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

Again, it was about agreeing with the drop rate, not complaining about epic

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

You put in the effort to pen and kill the things and you have a pretty good chance imo, on epic you put in a crap load more effort and it means pretty much squat. From where I sit it looks pretty cosy over there, especially if the cost of a worg takes that long to recover from despite having a smorgasbord of missions available.

Your entire post outlines your reasoning for "agreeing" as being about Epic. Saying "well my opinion is just that i agree with the drop rate" doesn't work when your first post outlines the illogical reason for it =/

You have more chance than on epic

On epic its hard

From where i am on epic it looks plenty easy there

These are comments -you- made pointing out that your reasoning is 100% based on epic and not on whether it is actually balanced on freedom.

Yep was providing some food for thought that its not as bad as you might feel it is, I'm entitled to my opinion that the rate seems fine to me as much as you are entitled to yours that it isn't fine. I'm sorry if the examples upset you but I certainly didn't state "-1 because its harder on epic hur"

Suggestion being a matter of freedom drop, the fact you play on epic and you consider an epic vs freedom makes the whole thing and comments a bit irrelevant.

Now that you have quoted your opinion a few times... and even if it indeed looked like a :

10 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

-1 because its harder on epic hur

can we please get back on the topic or do I need to request a mod to clean up the thread?

You asked for responses by arguing with me and twisting my words, I also play on Freedom ;) 

I don't think mods clean up just because you don't like the responses but I could be wrong, however its ok I'm done and had already decided to not bother repeating a fourth time lol

+1 to better drop rates... maybe not 100% but certainly needs boosting.

why should we pander to the 4 people that play epic? plus epic is in no way connected to freedom other than just your name!  who cares if freedom gets it easier than epic.... they DONT AFFECT EACH OTHER! (other than the pride of the 4 people that play epic)

-1 to random distribution.

Edited by DoctorAngus

changing drops on freedom actually does affect epic.  Sorcery was one of the main selling points of the unique Epic cluster.  Making tomes on Freedom even easier to get further hurts any uniqueness Epic may have.  "hm do I join a cluster that I have to just sit in front of an animal for 5-10 mins doing nothing and I might get a tome or join a cluster that I have to spend potentially hours/days/weeks burning legitimate time and effort and wasting thousands and thousands of karma for pretty much the same chance of tomes"  yeah I'm not saying change epic just saying that balance of appeals is semi-ok atm.  have to also remember the original intention was for dragons to not even drop tomes, instead it was broken and they were dropping tomes 100% of the time which was then balanced to allow dragons dropping at a low rate as opposed to none at all like designed

• Like 1

On 02/06/2017 at 7:14 AM, MrGARY said:

changing drops on freedom actually does affect epic.  Sorcery was one of the main selling points of the unique Epic cluster.

Epic is dead, a lots of bad decision lead it there, when a few people try to stop evolution of the whole game and specially when they are not directly impacted by it sucks.

hm do I join a cluster that I have to just sit in front of an animal for 5-10 mins doing nothing and I might get a tome or join a cluster that I have to spend potentially hours/days/weeks burning legitimate time and effort and wasting thousands and thousands of karma for pretty much the same chance of tomes"

Yah, good luck to get to do that. Potential tomes bearers creatures are hunt for hours, days, weeks even, for no results half of the time. The involved community is wasting time and effort too, dividing ourselves even further upon this and keeping outsiders out. Because of the changes the epic folks imposed on freedom. And people have more reasons not to join epic... starting from the fact it's a separate almost dead clusters with some holier-than-thou players.

have to also remember the original intention was for dragons to not even drop tomes, instead it was broken and they were dropping tomes 100% of the time which was then balanced to allow dragons dropping at a low rate as opposed to none at all like designed

A change you and Sme asked for if i recall, i was here afterall, and you are still defending for the sake of 'Epic', your dead cluster.