header.png

Port catnip lighthouse by day - Iberis

This week marks two changes in our team while we work on the addition of new bridge types and the highway system, there's a bit to share on these two but first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler
  • Bugfix:  Wood clad reinforced walls can now be removed with a crowbar.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue where one woodscrap would seal unfermented liquids in multiple barrels, resulting in one properly fermenting barrel and multiple bugged barrels.
  • Bugfix:  Strongwall/collapse on the new prepared reinforced pavements should no longer cause floor distortion.
  • Bugfix:  Reduced decay runes will now work properly on oaken items.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed blueberry season calculation error and moved harvest season to Fire Starfall Week 2
  • Bugfix:  You should now see the correct vein type when you uncover one inside a mine.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer add a second rune to items with a Jackal seryll rune.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue with the fatigue timer resetting when it shouldn't.

• Material quantity and weight for floor boards has been reduced.
    • Floorboards will also have their weight and volume adjusted
  • Added the /almanac command to the /help list.
  • Added a method of removing the mortar from a prepared reinforced floor with a stone chisel.
  • Studying a harvestable tree, bush, or trellis now requires the harvest permission on deed.
  • Bugfix: Fix for removing reinforcements from cave floors.
  • Bugfix: The /almanac command will now work even if the almanac is in a group or in a container in your inventory.
  • Bugfix: Fixed issue with paving floorboards over marsh
  • Bugfix: Mortar will consume 2kg when preparing a reinforced floor for paving instead of consuming the entire combined lump.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented mine_forward on veins on deed without add/remove reinforcement permission.
  • Bugfix: Corrected text when moving an object to center.
  • Bugfix: Corrected some issues with kingdom specific help on Epic servers.

Team additions

Many of you may know Jberg as GM Logi, a long standing member of the staff team, and constant pesterer of pingpong. He has made the decision to join us as a developer and donate even more time to helping the game improve and grow. I'd like to be the first to welcome him to the team and I look forward to his contributions!

Our other addition is an extremely hard working wiki editor, Wolfey, will be stepping up to the role of Assistant Wiki Manager, under Seedlings, who said the following:

19 hours ago, sEeDliNgS said:

@Wolfeyhas stepped up and is now the Assistant Wurmpedia Manager! He has been working alongside me thus far, assisting with some improvement ideas for groups of articles, going above and beyond with projects, and sharing a passion for making the Wurmpedia a reliable and beautiful wiki. Going forward, he will be working on a lot of the same things, but will also help out with organization of projects, short-term and long-term goals, and more where needed.  I have many plans for improving the Wurmpedia to make it the best that it can be, and am excited to have Wolfey taking on some additional roles in order to help us to realize the potential of the wiki. Congratulations, Wolfey, on a well-deserved role for a much-deserving Wurmpedia fanatic!

If you'd like to help improve the wiki, we have both team and non team positions available, to check out the differences and apply, read here:

More bridge work!

Along with the new textures (and the rendered one shown below) we have something else coming with the new bridges, and that is the ability to prepare and pave any bridge surface, allowing you all to continue fancy roadways across them! 

paved.png

This is an early work, and there's a lot to work out, but we're keen on seeing these come to life and what you'll all do with them!

We also have the rendered bridge available for preview now too!

render.png

Highway system
 The highway system changes are undergoing internal testing currently (with the test server being covered in expanding roads) but there's a lot to go over, and at times it can be quite technical. 

Over the coming week we'll be looking at documentation for those who like to get into the nitty-gritty of the system, as well as a short guide in laymans terms. We'll then run some public testing and use the feature feedback board to answer your questions about how they work in specific situations.

Community Content

Normally I try to avoid covering similar things in a short timeframe with the community content, but I've had no fewer than 7 people contact me about Iberis's tour of deliverance video, it's an amazing video and SHE has done an excellent job showing the beauty of deliverance, so without further ado, enjoy!

That's it for this week from us, I hope you all have a great weekend, and as usual, keep on wurming!
 Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 23

Grats to the new team members, and thank you for your contributions.   Looking forward to more wonderful additions in Wurm.   (poke Jberg)   How about enchanted flower tiles being loaded with flowers? LOL

Very nice addition with the coming ability to pave bridges with the various pavements. Well done! I am sure some will make good esthetic choices in the use of it. New bridge textures will be great too of course.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Congrats Jpeg! I'm looking forward to seeing how the highway system works out, hopefully easier to use for wurmians and less hassle for gm's.

• Like 3

Jberg is a LOGIcal addition to the dev team it seems, what I've seen from user perspective he can juggle with any rock surface inside and out like no one else.

Wiki is always behind the changes, the dev team seems to be committed to send the wiki editor team back to the stone age with so many changes and additions tot he game - thanks Wolfey for picking up the challenge!

Bridge paving is amazing!

Can we have bridge railings be same high as fences?

I'm curious about the highways system, I hope finally I can soon sleep  sound knowing the cave highway is protected from big holes...

Edited by Jaz

Congrats to the new team members!

And a special congrats from me to Wolfey. ^_^

Congratulations to both Jberg and Wolfey, well deserved promotions!

53 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

extremely hard working wiki editor, Wolfey,

Phew. At least someone dragged him away from making leaky boats with 'engineered' holes that supposedly make them go faster..but end up leaving them sitting at the bottom of harbors instead. ;)

As for Jberg, I hope someone looks into his suggestion about making ramps in buildings again. I'm still waiting for that addition...

Congratulations to both of you.

• Like 2

Congratulations to the new additions to the team! It's cool that we will be able to pave bridges to match other pavement :) I'm also excited to see just how the new highway system pans out.

Congratulations to the new members..

As far as the bridges go maybe you can also let us add the railing/fence of our choice to the bridge too? Either way the paving is for sure a nice addition. :) 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Is there an eta for the higway and bridges if no major issues arise?

YAYBERG! Go fix Wurm plox! Also Wolfey, uh... sell Wurmpedia upgrades without drilled keels, rum and sailor shanties!

• Like 1

Warmest congratulations to Jberg and Wolfey! 

Love the new bridges, and so happy to see the plank texture being used for the rounded stone bridge. We will finally be able to connect our planked roads to bridges in a nice way! Woohoo!

Iberis/Mizova's video was what impressed me the most though. What an absolutely fantastic showcase of all that Wurm has to offer! Nice camerawork there and well paced, a nice choice of song too which really gave an interesting feeling of cheerful liveliness of Wurm. More than what is the reality in fact, which is a good thing as any outsider seeing that video would be highly inspired to try the game out. And well, the more the merrier - and the more players, the more we can meet that reality that the video gives off. Wow so many cool places on Deliverance, I really need to explore more! But such a great job with that video. Usually when I try to introduce Wurm to friends who might be interested I show them the official trailer, Factional's trailer as well. But I'm going to start showing this one as well, as it really shows off the diversity and creativity this game allows. Well done!

• Like 4

Yep, camerawork is what I liked a lot in the video. I get dizzy from the view being dragged around (I do that as well ...), these steady shots are really good to see.

• Like 2

Congrats Jberg and Wolfey.

I know Kristof will be excited about that map system.

Congrates guys on your promotions and the new bridge paving is going to be amazing!

I must say I was super excited to see a picture of my lighthouse in the news header, I put alot of work into it and almost didn't complete it due to lack of skill needed for the final floor and had to ask for help haha.

But yeah then I read down and saw not only that my video was put up and seeing that people had actually gone out of their way to tell Retro about it. I dunno what to say I'm feeling really humbled <3 I'm so glad people enjoyed it and I'd absolutely love to try to do more in the future and show off the hardwork put into some of the other servers <3 But yeah I'm just really glad people like it I guess! Wow thanks everyone!

OH! And thanks Retro for not golden mirroring me into a man this time around <3 I see your animal husbandry skill is slowly improving :P

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jaz said:

Jberg is a LOGIcal addition to the dev team it seems, what I've seen from user perspective he can juggle with any rock surface inside and out like no one else.

Wiki is always behind the changes, the dev team seems to be committed to send the wiki editor team back to the stone age with so many changes and additions tot he game - thanks Wolfey for picking up the challenge!

Bridge paving is amazing!

Can we have bridge railings be same high as fences?

I'm curious about the highways system, I hope finally I can soon sleep  sound knowing the cave highway is protected from big holes...

Hopefully I can make the wiki even better than it is. If you find any out of date info be sure to post it in the wiki forum, or join us in IRC! (#Wurmpedia)

• Like 4

Congrats, Wolfey!  I knew you could do it! ^_^