Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Making a dredge

So it seems my old dredges decayed, while I was away.  Decided to make a new one today and after years of Wurm, this is my first time.  Had to make lumps of steel, to create 4 dredge scraper lips.  Had to make a square of cloth.  Had to combine the cloth with a rope, then add in the 4 steel scraper lips.  Presto! I get a... wait for it... BIRCHWOOD dredge.  Now to improve it, it needs a log.

Is it just me, or does the dredge construction and improvement make absolutely no sense?

Yes, it's improved with carpentry tools... Would you like it to take steel for imps?

that would be much more logical and work it in the forge. All the wood handles of tools are fine in a forge, so the rope & cloth should be for the dredge.

I have no issues with it, it is fully wogical.

Also an item to grind your your BS skill during long boat trips.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

Yeah, they don't make any sense.

But they are just so nice, please don't change them o.o

• Like 1

Rather keep them as they are.. easier to improve 'on the spot' almost anywhere(until somebody posts an image of some huge desert.. or xana waters... with no trees around... <_<)

id love them to change the crafting recipe to involve a wooden handle for even more wogic. also so you can change the material to a proper woodtype instead of birchwood.

• Like 4

Yep, a bit of a pain to create with the odd materials necessary. Nice that they can be improved with carpentry tools though, regardless of the concept fitting. Their 4 dirt holding capacity is quite limiting though, unless now like some WU servers the dirt would go right into a crate on your ship. Still need to add 1 small crate fitting into a rowboat though and 2-4 in a sailboat. Although I did say though a few too many times though. Doh!

=Ayes=

10 hours ago, Ayes said:

Their 4 dirt holding capacity is quite limiting though

Great improvement over the 2 they held until only very recently!

in WO, it does fill right into your boat now (YES!!!), but when the boat fills, your dredge goes back to 2 dirt mode.  Using a dredge is 100 times better now.

• Like 1