Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

dual monitor support?

ok, so i've just discovered that my brand new tower, has 2 gpu's, one i knew was in there, the other is an amd on board, so my question is this

does anyone play wurm with dual monitors, if so can you please post a pic, so i can see how it looks, i've got 2, 32' tv panels here, i originally bought one for the computer and then a second for tv, but i dont watch free to air anymore because it's rubbish, so if anyone can post a pic so i can see a dual monitor set up i would be most greatful

thanks

i think you'll find that most of us have single gpu cards that are capable of outputting to more than one monitor. 
although, unfortunately my phone is in for repair,  I'm fairly confident a photo would not help this explanation. 
I have a 4k tv and a 1400x900 monitor plugged into my single gtx1060, it's fairly simple.
nvidia control panel > setup multiple displays

Usually with on-board graphics and a graphics card, the system simply turns off the integrated one when you plug in the pci-e card. 
if not, the setting is in the BIOS
I have never known a PC to use both the on board and the card, although i guess i could be wrong. 
it just seems a bit senseless, that's what SLI/CrossFireX is for.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 2

the dual gpu's came with the computer, and it's alot better than what i was looking at, so having a nvidia and an ati gpu in the same computer is all new to me, i got more than i bargained for that,s for sure, i dont need to know how to set it up, i just want to see if anyone is playing with dual monitors, just eye candy i guess, i'm going to try it out sometime i just wanted to perve thats all lol.

2 hours ago, ozmods said:

the dual gpu's came with the computer, and it's alot better than what i was looking at, so having a nvidia and an ati gpu in the same computer is all new to me, i got more than i bargained for that,s for sure, i dont need to know how to set it up, i just want to see if anyone is playing with dual monitors, just eye candy i guess, i'm going to try it out sometime i just wanted to perve thats all lol.

I think all (if not almost all) CPUs come with an integrated 'GPU'. It will not be used along with your dedicated GPU. (It isn't considered dual GPU)

You don't need 2 GPUs to run 2 monitors. You can do it from a single card, you just need a splitter cable or some way to link the 2 monitors.

For your purposes, it is a simple as just running a cable from your GPU to your monitor like usual, then either connecting your monitor to your TV, or depending on your GPU it may have 2 outputs...otherwise you need the HDMI splitter.

Which Nvidia GPU do you have?

• Like 1

gtx 1050 2gb, and man it craps all over the amd 4gb i had before, everything is so much sweeter.

• Like 1

Dual monitoring is pretty straightforward these days regardless of if its obtained by hardware, software, or  mix of both. One can even use a standalone GPU card, let alone what's baked in the mono.

Windows can even walk you through it to a degree, let alone the software for w/e gfx card you use.

Issues may arise if one tries pushing resolution and refresh rates really high. Though running multiple 4ks as an extended desktop space is simply glorious. Starting to run out of wall and RL desk space.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Klaa said:

. Starting to run out of wall and RL desk space.

nice to be some lol, i've got 2 tcl harvey norman (local department store) job here, i have a 22in monitor stashed away in one of cupboards, but i dont use it, because quite frankly after using a 32in monitor for the past couple of years, would be rather painful on my eyes i would suspect lol, i dont have the second one hooked up at present because there just isnt room, at my place at present, basically i live in one of my 2 bedrooms, because it's so darn cold here and winter hasnt even touched down yet, last night we had 23.6mm of rain, and that was overnight, that aside, once it starts to warm up again i'll definitely hook both up,... but right now it's not a prioity, @Klaacan you post a pic of what your 4k looks like?

thanks