Sign in to follow this  
Rohgahr

Issue with the Deity Avatars

Hi all,

I have been running a Wurm Unlimited server for about 2-3 months now, and so far I have been able to resolve everything the server threw at me through a basic understanding of things, google, steady doses of rage-countering nicotine and a stupendous amount of stubbornness. There is one thing that I have not been able to resolve (yet) due to time, resources and the fact that it can be solved the moment the issue occurs. The issue is actually a two part problem. 

1. The standard deity avatars belonging to their respective faiths sometimes spawn in as a member of the opposing faction. While there have been multiple sightings, we have seen instances where the Avatar of Libila and the Avatar or Magnaron spawned in as a member of one of the other factions rather than their own faction. 
    • Note: While spawning as a part of an opposing faction, they are still tied to a mission given to the faction they should associate with (example, Libila spawns in as JK, but is still tied to the HoTS mission to give her shinies)
    • Note: I am assuming this affects all deities, but so far have not been able to spot Vynora or Fo, so it might be that it is not affecting Fo or Vynora. 
  2. When a deity avatar spawns, it somehow duplicates itself, generating an extra mission for it's corresponding faction. 

I do not know why this happens, but I think it has to do with the fact that when I first set up the server I used the Ocrea (creative) map as a base for the server before replacing the map with a custom map and setting it to a PvP epic login server.  I have some other ideas as to what might be causing this, but I figured it would be best to verify this before resolving this by changing the foundation of the world to Heavenord (PVP map) rather than Ocrea. So, any thoughts on that?

• Like 1

IIRC the kingdom they spawn in sets their kingdom. So if they spawn in JK territory they will have the JK kingdom. 

5 hours ago, Capi said:

IIRC the kingdom they spawn in sets their kingdom. So if they spawn in JK territory they will have the JK kingdom. 

Ah, that is good to know. Is it possible to influence the area in which they spawn? Or any other method to ensure that they spawn as a member of their corresponding faction? 

In addition: do you know why it creates a duplicate?

Edited by Rohgahr
Stuff

Our server has also been affected by this issue post 1.3 update.  @Keenanmentioned it may be a bug on the steam forums, but currently is breaking our pvp players morale.  So I will bump this for hope it gets fixed.