Sign in to follow this  
Eject

Citadel - Servers down?

Hello

Suddenly, all Servers down, two from me one from a GF, i dont know whats happen.

Any other with this problem?

Eject

Serverstatus is unknown and i have no option to start them, maybe again a "node problem"

Eject

Citadel seems to be worth the money ^^

• Like 1

lol :D

Ping to the IP (Hetzner) is also not working

Edited by Eject

3 hours later, no one is answering, servers still down

I thought at this time, people are working in the office, it seems i am wrong

Eject

Go to ping they have people around 24/7 and they don't ignore you.

just speaking with a girlfriend, she also said i should do this. She have a server at citadel which is connected to my login server, and one at pingperfect with awesome support

Eject

I had a server with citidel for conan and i had data base corruption out of no where and had to redo my map least 3 times and when i quit hosting I canceled threw paypal like you suppose to but it didn't stop them from sending me emails wanting me to pay a monthly fee for a service i canceled and should not have received a bill for.

From all the post from people having support problems from them on hosted wu servers it appears they can't handle it and you should seek another provider at this time. I don't talk down about service providers but looks like they are just not staffed to handle as much of a load they have taken on.

• Like 1

That feeling when you're just waking up, having had no coffee, and miss the "Citadel" part of the post.

I just checked each Wurm Online server. :|

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

That feeling when you're just waking up, having had no coffee, and miss the "Citadel" part of the post.

I just checked each Wurm Online server. :|

Don't you have some automated alerts for Server crashes? I really enjoy getting an Email when the wu server doesn't send heartbeats for a few minutes. 

dunno if its related but last night i was having prob with mine just randomly, new players would log into an ocean  and some old players too, but my gm would log in fine. i suspected it was citadel hardware cause it was out of no where and quite random, gonna spend today trying to find out tho x)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eject said:

Now 13 hours servers down and no response

and i found this

http://www.serchen.co.uk/company/citadel-servers/

Eject

Complaining about Citadel here will not help you. I told people multiple times that this company is worst. Problems will continue over and over and over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Don't you have some automated alerts for Server crashes? I really enjoy getting an Email when the wu server doesn't send heartbeats for a few minutes. 

We do, but as I said - I was just waking up. Trust me, when the servers DO go down, Max and I both know aaaaaaall about it.

But thankfully, aside from DNS and routing issues, they don't go down unexpectedly often at all :)

probably not a good idea to tell what breaks easily/most often..:ph34r:

Servers back after 22 hours, but still no answer from Citadel

I just asked Hetzner to look at the machine lol

Eject

10 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Complaining about Citadel here will not help you. I told people multiple times that this company is worst. Problems will continue over and over and over.

I was sceptical from the very beginning, when they stubbornly refused to reveal their legal identity (no names, no address...). This is very unusual for a respectable European company. 

• Like 1

They told me they fixed the problem with the webservice. 30 Mins ago i came home from nightshift, two servers down, no start button just an errormessage "webservice currently down..bla.,...bla" at the position where the buttons are, ...ticket site also not available because gatewayproblem error 502.

Eject

3 hours ago, Eject said:

They told me they fixed the problem with the webservice. 30 Mins ago i came home from nightshift, two servers down, no start button just an errormessage "webservice currently down..bla.,...bla" at the position where the buttons are, ...ticket site also not available because gatewayproblem error 502.

Eject

Maybe time to move away? ^^

well it must have been related, as i put it back up 2 days later without changing anything and it works fine.

although besides hardware failures its been fairly good to me i am still considering a change

17 hours ago, Eject said:

Eject

@Eject

I gave Citadel a lot of chances to do things right. It cost me three corrupt database and a corrupted server map (which caused a loss of three days of server work since the last backup unfortunately). Citadel response was always to blame the Wurm server software and to never admit that poor administrative process/training/behaviour on the part of Citadel had anything to do with it.

In reading your messages going back months now, I feel that you have even gone further then I did in allowing them a fair chance to fix their problems. At this point I encourage you to consider your other options. You likely hosted the Wurm servers so you and your friends could have fun. I doubt very much you hosted this server so you could spend so much time having to worry about it.

If you feel comfortable with your linux skills ovh.ca is a company I rented a dedicated server from. At this time my cost was about $110 CDN per month, included DDOE protection and allowed me to run six Wurm servers on the same box. Never had a single problem that was related to the server or the service they provided. Any extremely rare problems that happened on OVH were my fault. We also successfully defended against 9 DDOE attacks without any impact on the servers or the players. I believe ovh also have options for windows servers although I never used that option due to the need for a Windows server license. They have other data centres around the world as well.

Others have provided positive feedback about providers they have used. I recommend you consider your options.

~Nappy

Edited by Nappy

I am with hetzner.de, protecting us against massive DDOS attacks and we only had 2 small server freezes with less than 15 minutes downtime, not even leading to server crashes.

So yeah I will stay with them. But I also heard only good things about ovh, so that might be an option too.

Edited by Sklo:D

Hosting a server is like choosing a doctor for a vasectomy.  You get what you pay for....

?

Pingperfect server cost with ssd and and cpu priority for me in the US this is what I would pay.

Wurm UnlimitedGame Servers

Wurm Unlimited$0.00USD
 » Teamspeak3 Slots: 0$0.00USD
 » Location: USA - Atlanta$0.00USD
 » Server Branding: No Branding$0.00USD
 » Ram: 3GB$17.88USD
 » Service hosted on SSD: Yes$1.43USD
 » CPU Priority: High Priority$3.58USD
Setup Fees:$0.00USD
Monthly:$22.89USD
$22.89USDTotal Due Today

If you are interested check out this from ping

Want a lot of your issues to go away and customer support like it was meant to be then stop wasting time with a provider that has so many negative reviews.
only seen 1 DDOS attack in over a year and it was just a small slow down and was locked down and taken care of relatively quick.

Pingperfect has teams of people that work there and if one can't help you they send you to the bigger people above them so what does this mean? It means they have quick response on your tickets making sure you issue is sent to the right people and handles as fast as possible. I've been with ping since WU launched and I've had several tickets over the time I've been with them and I've been met with polite people and fast service who are there for my needs. I don't need to go learn all this tech about servers and such to get good service I just leave it up to there professional team and just enjoy my time gaming and doing other things i do. I do not have to set on tickets and email waiting for answers or help and my server is up 100% of the time unless I take the server down.

If I ever order another game server for any other game it will be threw Pingperfect. I've ran several servers over the years on different game and after having service with ping with WU I wouldn't go back to the server companies I used in the past cause I never got the service I've gotten from Pingperfect.

this link, is this for one gameserver?

PPGVDS3
Gaming VDS3
Windows Server 2008R2
6GB Ram
200GB HDD
4 Virtual 3.4+Ghz Processors
1TB Bandwidth
1 Dedicated IP Address

£59.99 Monthly

This is very different to the WU gameserver from PP

Wurm UnlimitedGame Servers