Sign in to follow this  
Zakerak

KangaWU Adventures

This weekend was really hot and full of adrenaline. I spent most time on new server KangaWU Adventures.

Start without nothing is rather easy. But in combination with higher aggresive animals spawn and unfriendly slopes on coast line nearly everywhere, it changed into nightmare. Well, there are some parts of coast, where slope enable you to catch some breath. But all such places were sand beaches, full of scorps, trolls, spiders, bears, crocs and anacondas. Something like Wurm version of "Omaha Beach".

First start I was placed near such beach. After few seconds of foraging one troll unpacked on me his tenderness. I started to run first deeper into land, where I met another trolls and spider and hell hound. It was time to turn it into water for safety. On beach some bears and crocs joined my peloton. And running race turned into swimming race. By some miracle I was still unhurted, so I was able to win that swimming race. But my stamina was dangerously low. With great luck I was able to find some less dense coast, I refilled stamina and even foraged/botanized some branches, iron stones and vegs to eat. With crude knife and crude pickaxe I started to looking for some suitable place to open tunnel and build some safe area. But good plan never works. Swimming by coast with too high slopes I was ambushed by submerged croc. With bite on my back I was unable to swim fast enough to run away. And slopes on coast do not let me run away on land. Well, red tunnel led me back to Botany Bay ...

Second time I had in plan to be more carefull. I spawned into dense olive forest on slope around 30-35. Absolutelly blind and with climbing I started foraging. By set climb on/off I moved down. Soon I had followers, some spiders and trolls. With half of stamina I splashed into water and on bearshark. When bear stopped to follow me, I was near few tiles with low enough slope to be able to refill there stamina. But I had to catch breath quickly, as there were always close by some trolls or hell hounds, waiting to hurt me. Exploring coast line from water two times I was in situation, where my stamina was empty and friedly slope tiles nowhere around. I had to log off for few hours to refill some stamina. Eventually I returned to place, where I spawned as there were less density of beasts on coast and only one bearshark and none crocs/anacondas nearby. I opened tunnel close by water, deep enough to be able sail rowboat inside and still not deep too much. With some finesse I was able to catch breath on entrance. But what a bad luck, second mine tile was marble vein, with 11999 shards inside (my highest skill there is prospecting).

So I opened second tunnel few tiles away, secured entrance top and sides with low stone wall and closed it by stone door. From that time I had some place to hide. Soon I discovered iron vein. To end of veekend I was able to build BSB and FSB there. My biggest problem was wood. With only some oaks rather far away and olive forest on ufriendly slopes close by, my source of wood is limited. Armed by large axe, I was able to kill bears and smaller animals. Slowly I gather enough wood to build rowboat. With boat and horse it was good timing to do more exploration and to locate some source of clay. Without clay one can't build forge and without forge there is not possible any serious smithing. So much for my weekend. Now I have everything I need to survive. Soon I will have shining plate armor as I sniffed glimmersteel veins inside my mine hide. Just without compass, it is bit harder to locate veins, than I'm used to.

This server is hardcore and harsh. One small mistake can easily lead to death. And forget you will easily locate your corpse or your base. There is none map, none compass and only shape of crazy tall mountains can reveal, where you are. Perhaps with time we will know that land more precisely and we will be able to navigate there. And I like it. Nothing there is cheap, nothing is easy. On othes side reward is high too. I already have perhaps 30-40 rift shards, some rift wood and more than 20 small kill tokens. Soon I will be armed and armored in glimmer steel. But I fear I will like to stay there. Return back to common KangaWU do not attracts me now :D

Zak

Edited by Zakerak
  • Like 5