Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Buggy Forums or is it the browser?

I've been back at this thing for a couple weeks now and I can't seem to get forums to work right. Every post I make won't refresh, until I manually refresh the  browser. I hit the back button and it just loops me right back to where I was when I clicked the back button.  I randomly seem to make double posts or PMs.

Is this a Firefox issue or do we have a problem with the forums host? 

What happened to the server populations list?

Thank you in advance for your advice/answers!

-Wurmhole

• Like 1

I'm having problems with Chrome and ie(Tried ie after the problems occurred in Chrome).    Seems to have been an issue since the forum migration.   Not every post I make needs refreshing the browser, but some of them do.

• Like 1

Forums are pretty broken still.

• Like 4

Common problem is, that when you click post mesage (creating a post or sending PM) it could take from few seconds to minute-two till message is sent.

Then I just wait patiently till it go, couse refreshing only create double posts.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

is this something being worked on, or are we just stuck with whatever agreement Code Club signed us on for? A 3 year contract might be a bummer...

• Like 1

most often it's instant but it doesn't refresh... for ages.
I open the same window in a 2nd tab to see if it's posted then i close the one that's saying `saving`

I thought the same as you wurmhole, maybe we're stuck with it

• Like 1

try chrome..(it's not your browser tho, forums are slow..)

when the posting/reply button is gray and post isnt sent.. keep that open for few minutes, open a new tab and do w/e there

sometimes your post goes trough and it's there if you load same page, but not always

For me refreshing the page works fine... although when I start PM conversations it creates two every time.  

still pretty broken on all browsers, got to be careful when sending messages or posting new ones, you will often end up having 2 or 3 mores than planned... not speaking of the message popping back in after month.

• Like 1

Given how long this has gone on, I'm guessing the web admin chap had to step away for RL stuff or something.

db or web server could be under heavy load and lagging, or it's code related

--edit

just sent that... and opened a new tab with same post.. in town square last reply seems to be from @Wonkabut when I read the post.. last reply is from me... db updates seem to lag or I am reading cached page ^^'

0d73320caf6d4b4594c263e741016bbf.png

--edit2

by the time I edit the post in 2nd tab.. in 1st I had the post sent finally... and loaded the original post w/o the edit, reloading the town square list of posts.. shows last post as mine than.. it's probably the db lagging with operations being done with some delay.. and in line of things(queue of operations..) reloading and showing that the post is sent takes time when the db is under load?

Edited by Finnn

Well, I'm glad, yet sad, that it is a universal issue with forums and not just something I'm doing.  Maybe Retrograde can get the scoop for us and a general idea of what to expect down the road?

We have had a few issues with the forums since they began being hosted on our own servers. We're currently working towards resolving these issues, but I cannot personally give an ETA on that.

• Like 4

After making tons of double posts, i realized the better way to go now is :

- wait 3 seconds, rightclick a link to open the same section of the forum in another Tab
- check from the other tab if the post was succesfully made
- close the "broken" tab without waiting 2 minutes

Refresh almost always creates double posts, same as clicking enter on the same address.

12 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

most often it's instant but it doesn't refresh... for ages.
I open the same window in a 2nd tab to see if it's posted then i close the one that's saying `saving`

aye

Using Firefox and it's actually a lot better for me today.  Some posts go through immediately, a few still got stuck at "saving" for a while.  Haven't really detected a pattern.

Nothing has changed on my end though, so guessing something improved server-side.

for the first time in a while, i was able to post instantly today. 
although not at the moment.
(edits are fine)
however, profile pics can now be changed. (received a page error before / hadn't tested it for a week)

Edited by Steveleeb

while playing game if I want go to forums or shop or wiki I click main menu then click wiki then type a w in box hit enter and I get to the main site to do whatever I want now that don't work. to do anything I have to end game google wurm  access forum n shop from the main there,what happened to me .how can I access everything while in game now please when u post stuff I cant open browsers to see anything now either