Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Bison speed bonus on wagons

Recommended Posts

I like that bison have a speed bonus for wagons. It makes the game more interesting if there are different optimal mounts for different things. Unfortunately, the speed bonus isn't enough to make bison on wagons faster than well equipped horses and hell horses, which makes the wagon speed bonus a bit pointless. I suggest we either allow bison to be equipped with horse shoes and saddles, or increase their wagon speed bonus so that they're better on wagons than equipped horses and hell horses. If none of this is going to be done, the speed bonus may as well be removed, as it's a little pointless otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant think of a positive feedback when it comes to normal 5speed horses on a wagon...

Hellhorses are ok.. but annoying to play around the mess they cause..

5 speed bisons is the way to go if you do not want to deal with more than parking them on a tile where they could eat.

 

Aren't you getting ~20-25km/h on a wagon with 5 speed bisons?

IMO as long they keep constant at least ~20km/h it's enough to keep distance from anything chasing you.. sloped roads are probably exception to that tho...:wacko:

while hellhorses seem to ignore sloped terrain and their speed isnt dropping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finnn said:

I cant think of a positive feedback when it comes to normal 5speed horses on a wagon...

Hellhorses are ok.. but annoying to play around the mess they cause..

5 speed bisons is the way to go if you do not want to deal with more than parking them on a tile where they could eat.

 

Aren't you getting ~20-25km/h on a wagon with 5 speed bisons?

IMO as long they keep constant at least ~20km/h it's enough to keep distance from anything chasing you.. sloped roads are probably exception to that tho...:wacko:

while hellhorses seem to ignore sloped terrain and their speed isnt dropping.

I respectfully disagree. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using using horses to pull a wagon and it's not that big of an inconvenience to use HH.
Bison hitched speed should be higher and they should be able to wear shoes. No saddle though, think that's a wee bit silly. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just silly that horses pulling wagon got saddles on them (ofc it's required for better speed)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

It's just silly that horses pulling wagon got saddles on them (ofc it's required for better speed)

I think saddle doesnt help when they are hitched.. only speed boost than comes from the horseshoes, unless that changed?

 

45 minutes ago, Matholameu said:

I respectfully disagree. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using using horses to pull a wagon and it's not that big of an inconvenience to use HH.
Bison hitched speed should be higher and they should be able to wear shoes. No saddle though, think that's a wee bit silly. :P 

I just had terrible experience with 4x normal horses on a wagon.. never doing that again.. any other solution is better

Sure man.. disembark and go afk for few minutes.. go make coffee or something.. come back to pick where you wish to respawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i heard saddles don't work on creatures hitched to carts, Only when they are mounted. And +1, Give bisons equipment and a bonus so they are significantly better than horses. idk if they should be better then hell horses though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matholameu said:

No saddle though, think that's a wee bit silly. :P 

 Nah it's not silly, just check out this guy rocking on a buffalo with a saddle (+1 to OP btw)
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

 Nah it's not silly, just check out this guy rocking on a buffalo with a saddle (+1 to OP btw)
 

 

I sit corrected with a sudden urge to ride a bison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to bison pulling wagons faster than horses.  Makes sense.  Bison are stronger.  Horses have harder time with large load so they slower.

 

Do same thing with ship transporter also.  Using bison makes it go faster than horses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see bison shoes.  Right after they start selling alligator skin cowboy boots in the cash shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ARDITTI-FULL-PYTHON-PAIR.jpg

Python boots too?

Edited by armyskin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Bisons already pulled faster then horses under loads? I notice a difference in speed with horses and bison when going up hill. Bisons stay steady while horses lose speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this