Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Pottery Brick making the right way

I don't see a reason to .. destroy the mould, why not use it like any other tool.. and to damage it every time when it's used? I'd just hope that if it's implemented it's one-tool.. and no 2nd part.. or at least to make plank/shaft/hand useful for the pressing... instead of implementing another item:ph34r:

2f7419ebbe2a409c68b39fc2580e47d0.jpgRwanda+brick+maker+10.JPGbrick4.jpg    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

(I dare not put the effort into to making a ton of pottery bricks because last time i did something like this, weeks after i finally finished, the process was made 20 times easier)
bump

If you dump those 15kg pottery bricks in a bsb they come out as 3 5kg bricks, even the 5kg bricks are very time consuming though, all the other bricks take 1 action to gather the material, pottery bricks take 2.5 actions.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Digging clay and making pottery bricks are two of the most boring tasks I've ever done in Wurm. Would love to see anything make this a bit quicker or just less boring... I rarely advocate for more complexity or more clicks, but this is honestly just mind numbing.

I like the mould idea... As a potter irl, I know this is how things would be done with regard to items like pottery bricks or shingles. You can also use moulds for other things. Eg: This vase made with a slip (a mixture of water and clay) mould: 

Spoiler

DSCF2091.JPG

I've actually been meaning to formulate some ideas on making the pottery skill more realistic in function, but sadly I've been to busy digging clay and making clay bricks. :rolleyes:

+1 Yes it will suck for the "professional brick makers," but they can become professional something else makers. 
Show me someone who says they enjoy making bricks and I'll show you a liar. xP

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fearil said:

DSCF2091.JPG

Sorcery! Blasphemy!

Which leads to another problem, pottery is the ONLY skill creating items with no active tool(not actual tool which could be created/improved and stacked with QL/rarity/WoA/Rune to make it's action timers faster or boost ql on creation of the items.:wacko:

On the other hand.. it's a hack mechanic.. your current tool never drops below 50Ql.. deserves a nerf!:huh:

• Like 1

I don't want to see pottery bricks sold for 2s/1k.

+1 to all mechanisms that get us to realistic basic level of production. I will never understand why this game has to be so backward and make things harder for the sake of making them harder than common sense should have to allow. Yeah I know not everything has to be realistic or accurate but don't make stuff feel like your wasting your time. I'm one of those people who will just go without before I drop one cent more than I feel something is worth and I hardly buy anything in this game.

• Like 1

^ And I share the opposite (though somewhat similar) view. If something feels like just "wasting time" to make, I'd rather just buy it.
Oh geez, typing that I just realized why bricks are the way they are. To keep the money flowing. 

(i want to convert my `wishbone` bridge to pottery brick. how ever. . having already slate paved my entire deed before it cost .. just 1 brick... I've learnt the error of my ways. I don't want to engage in the task of making 4k+ pottery bricks because wurmslaw™ dictates that 2 weeks after i'm done, the process will be 45.9 times easier)  
still.. i find it yearning.

bump

that's fine, digging is digging.
but the process of shaping....

Edited by Steveleeb