Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

Ability to reinforce mine entrance floor

Hello, make it possible, so we can also pave it.

Now it just look strange when you got walls paved and whole next tile paved but not the floor on the entrance.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 5:53 AM, Tich said:

I've looked into this and it would require a fair few new cave entrance type tiles, and loads (and i mean loads) of code changes in the movement code (where it needs to know you are on an exit).

It would require a cave reinforced exit tile, one for each of the pavings as well (and the prepare one). But most worrying was the number of places it is checked.

So dont expect it soon (if ever)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

carpet with paving textures! :)

Hah, good solution.

+1

18 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

carpet with paving textures! :)

+1

23 hours ago, Retrograde said:
On 19.05.2017 at 9:53 PM, Tich said:

I've looked into this and it would require a fair few new cave entrance type tiles, and loads (and i mean loads) of code changes in the movement code (where it needs to know you are on an exit).

It would require a cave reinforced exit tile, one for each of the pavings as well (and the prepare one). But most worrying was the number of places it is checked.

So dont expect it soon (if ever)

Maybe it would be done by mechanic similar to paving corners, where corner automatically gets texture of alligned tiles/corners.

So mine entrance floor could just use the same texture as next mine tile floor, to wich is alligned (If there is only opening, then standard texture). I mean, it would just switch texture according to alligned tile. No need to modify any mechanic of how entrance works or making new models.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Maybe it would be done by mechanic similar to paving corners, where corner automatically gets texture of alligned tiles/corners.

So mine entrance floor could just use the same texture as next mine tile floor, to wich is alligned (If there is only opening, then standard texture). I mean, it would just switch texture according to alligned tile. No need to modify any mechanic of how entrance works or making new models.

Beats my carpet by 11!  Although I was secretly hoping to get the carpet and use in other places too ;)

• Like 1