Sign in to follow this  
polarbear

Liquid storage "bin"

Like having a BSB or FSB for items, make a "bin" that can store multiple types of liquid in one container. 

• Like 2

large amphora + seal?:huh::ph34r:

Huge oil barrel is closest thing.. but currently anything other than oil/water in it.. decays

+1 for sealless huge oil barrel to keep bulk dyes

fuzzy part is when you try to change the color numbers of black for 2250kg dye with 1 accorn or w/e......... :wacko::wacko:

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

+1.  Sealed containers are useful, but kind of a pain if you only need a little out of it.

I mean a barrel uses a peg... which you get 10 per shaft... and like 12 shafts per log... so 120 pegs per log (Im bad at math so thats probably wrong), P easy to just use small barrels on a rack and pegs to seal

• Like 1

What about something like this:

WXuXJUR.png

Behold my incredible art skills. Just have this liquid storage thingy require a bunch of pegs and different sized barrels to make in the first place.

The alchemist desk also kind of serves this purpose.

It considerably slows decay for about 10 jars' worth of liquids.

5 hours ago, Yesirn said:

I mean a barrel uses a peg... which you get 10 per shaft... and like 12 shafts per log... so 120 pegs per log (Im bad at math so thats probably wrong), P easy to just use small barrels on a rack and pegs to seal

Yea we already have multiple liquid storage and i use this method, its great :D

But something for smaller containers like pottery flasks, jars and water skins would be really cool.

So +1 for more storage systems for jars, flasks and water skins etc.

Edited by lawurm

38 minutes ago, lawurm said:

So +1 for more storage systems for jars, flasks and water skins etc.

For this I would +1 also, and make waterskins fit in backpacks please, there is no reason why a soft skin with 2,5 liters of water wont fit.

I can carry way more in a bowl now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tristanc said:

It stores such a small amount as to be just short of useless.

7 hours ago, Yesirn said:

You need extra actions to put items into a BSB or FSB?  No.   Why should bulk liquid storage be different?

11 hours ago, Yiraia said:

sealing is ok for shipping things around.. but  "bsbs" are something you can't move.. once it's filled... well only pushed around ondeed..

still a no?

Bsb can well be loaded somehow now?

Edit:

I'd like to mention that tea can be stored several in a cauldron together without mixing (unintended feature?)

Edited by Cecci

17 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Bsb can well be loaded somehow now?

Bsbs could be loaded if they are empty, but take a lot of space on boats, not sure if wagons were able to load 1-2 of them(you could usually pick more in inventory if you aren't carrying much.

16 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Edit:

I'd like to mention that tea can be stored several in a cauldron together without mixing (unintended feature?)

probably

14 hours ago, Tristanc said:

The desk is beautiful and useless all at the same time.

The amount of dye each jar holds is silly. Anyone who produces a lot of various dyes will need a lot of these cupboards to store the dyes and splitting up small batchs into even tinier batch's of 2kgs does not make sense at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

The desk is beautiful and useless all at the same time.

The amount of dye each jar holds is silly. Anyone who produces a lot of various dyes will need a lot of these cupboards to store the dyes and splitting up small batchs into even tinier batch's of 2kgs does not make sense at all.

Agreed.  Attractive but kinda useless decoration. 

I like the idea of having something like the alchemist desk with a bit larger volume for cooking, that would slow decay a bit.  Currently, for convenience, I use a second oven with about a dozen bowls that I put small amounts of different liquids I use for cooking, milk, cream, whipped cream, gravy, etc., etc. so I don't have to keep sealing and unsealing.   For storage of larger amounts I use sealed amphoras and barrels of course.  The problem with that system though is that if I don't do any cooking for a few days, when I go back to it they've all started decaying and I have to decide whether to pour them all out or lower the ql with refills. 

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to have something that would give the convenience of what I do with the bowls, only that slows decay a bit.  Especially if it came with a nice kitcheny (word?) appearance.  :)

+1

21 hours ago, Finnn said:

sealing is ok for shipping things around.. but  "bsbs" are something you can't move.. once it's filled... well only pushed around ondeed..

still a no?

... What are you... trying to say... I'm just saying that this mechanic is already available. And that the addition of a liquid storage bin is just asking for this to be completely removed. I can't think of any reason to have barrel racks, amphora racks, or sealing kits if there was a "bsb" for liquid. Shoving food in an fsb and having it never decay already feels weird and messy to me. The process of sealing individual amphoras, or even easier - barrels, brings a bit more joy to me. It doesn't right saying "Alright boys! unload the beer" and having it come out of some bin instead of a barrel.

• Like 1