Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Creation of marsh tiles

Marsh is currently a biome which is destined to be gone on the long run in Wurm. There is a quite easy way (and now even much more easy with the lower mat costs of floorboards) but there is no way to create new marsh tiles and also marsh is not spreading.

The suggestion is to

1. Have a way to create new marsh tiles, 3 ideas raised so far

1. Plant steppe which needs to be watered from a container (maybe repeatedly before it turns to marsh if needed for balance)
  2. Have a transmutation way like other special tiles (may be really cumbersome if spreading rate and possibility is not raised significantly)
  3. Let us forage a new item (sedge seeds/roots?) which can be planted in shallow water just like rice. Could be foraged in areas where marsh could spread by point 2.

2. Let marsh spread over grass or dirt tiles if those are in shallow water or just a few sirts above water level

If you have alternative ideas on creating the marsh tiles feel free to comment below.

• Like 5

+1  I would love to be able to make a marsh pond or inlet on my deed. 

I've done a quick readabout: sedge can be planted by dividing sedges and planting back, needs 3-4 times irrigation afterwards.

Something like Tundra might be a good balance, let it spread naturally, direct to destroy, can be made with 'small' amount of transmute fluid.

another biased -1
sorry..marsh.. i don't hate it but, i spent years trying to get rid of it. 
feel free to discount this vote

this would be me;

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jaz said:
  1. Have a transmutation way like other special tiles (may be really cumbersome if spreading rate and possibility is not raised significantly)
  2. Let us forage a new item (sedge seeds/roots?) which can be planted in shallow water just like rice. Could be foraged in areas where marsh could spread by point 2.

2. Let marsh spread over grass or dirt tiles if those are in shallow water or just a few sirts above water level

+1  I like to sandbox in my sandbox but not to much too easily ;)

Hermits and their swamps... let 'em have it..

just no spreading(if possible..), and not that easy to make.. as this is almost useless to have.. and only ruins terrains, it's annoying anough how it is.. even with the change to floorboards.. it's bunch of actions to remove it from 1 tile..

(which could be solved with another tile type.. spreading over marsh at a higher rate :huh::wub::ph34r:)

+1

Also, make wild reed possible with transmutation liquid!

(From planted or what ever)

• Like 1

Make it happen, I want a spooky castle in a marshland.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cecci said:

+1

Also, make wild reed possible with transmutation liquid!

(From planted or what ever)

Very much true, I should have included that :D

+1, and perhaps make some resource(s) forageable in marsh.  Maybe crayfish or waterfowl eggs.

"You find crayfish!"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

+1, and perhaps make some resource(s) forageable in marsh.  Maybe crayfish or waterfowl eggs.

"You find crayfish!"

this!!!

I hear ducks all the time, they must lay eggs somewhere.

• Like 1

I'm watching a marsh closely where I cultivated quite a lot tiles adjacent to it. Part is slightly below water level, part is a very few slopes above. Not a single marsh tile been spreading during the 6+ weeks since this thread started so I guess marsh is going to die out slowly from the game.

Same observation from underwater natural kelp.

• Like 1