Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Fence does not seem to hold animals underground

So I made a new pen for our resident wolf, now I did not get around to installing locks on the fence gates at either end of the enclosure, but I didn't think a unlock gate would be a problem with a wolf in any case, they don't have hands right?

So I log in tonight and he has escaped! He is quite an escape artist and there is no buildings inside this mine capable of containing this wolf.

I do not know if he was able to get out due to the fence touching the building on either side, or because of the lack of locks or if fences just don't hold animals.

I will build another fence to test that does not touch any walls or buildings, in the mean time though I have to figure out how to recapture the wolf as he has wondered inside another building that I do not have access to.

4m71zOz.jpg

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

I had the same issues on Wurm Unlimited earlier. Also issue animals escaping mine houses - all doors locked, but will "climb out" through the walls. May be related to the similar issue where animals leave pens if there is a bridge above (despite bridge has locked fence gates).

Only workaround was to fence along the length of bridge.

Edited by Jaz

I have this reported and reproduced and on the bug list for underground  buildings as well.  I'll add fences to the bug.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/146990-bug-dog-walks-out-of-building-which-has-locked-doors/

I could only reproduce this with some animals.  Dogs for sure, so maybe wolves have the same ability.  The poor cows I put in there just died eventually and never escaped.