Sign in to follow this  
Gekko

Log Walls/Cabin [Suggestion]

With all the new building materials and wall types, something I always felt missing from Wurm is log cabins.

We have palisades already, but their style doesn't fit with the clean-cut wooden house walls.

These could either be used as cheap, no nails required noobie-friendly houses that are quick to make, or with increased difficulty a rustic home for anyone...I'm not sure what is best.

Could always do both!

Could either require logs or fallen trees, much like palisades...whichever works best.

Add some daub (Clay + grass) to finish.

kutuk-ev.jpg

Edited by Gekko
  • Like 5

+1

but I think it's just a bad time for new wall type suggestions. The ones we have just received aren't even fully implemented yet (parapets are still missing, some errors are still happening, etc.) and I think focus on finishing those is more important than even more incomplete additions. I've suggested this in my original wall type suggestions thread also, but for now the choice seems to have been against them and pro others.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

+1

but I think it's just a bad time for new wall type suggestions. The ones we have just received aren't even fully implemented yet (parapets are still missing, some errors are still happening, etc.) and I think focus on finishing those is more important than even more incomplete additions. I've suggested this in my original wall type suggestions thread also, but for now the choice seems to have been against them and pro others.

That is a fair point, I hadn't realized there were issues with the others.

Maybe add it to the list for future, when they're all sorted :)

• Like 1

Whilest they add more wall types, such as these, let's hope the start making all wall types available for all types of walls.. aka timber oriels, stone balconies.  Also, banister fence types so the top of stairs aren't so dangerous.

+1

Edited by Nomadikhan

^Too lazy to click that link?

Spoiler

logs.png

Would be nice to have log cabins down the road when the kinks are worked out in the new ones. :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

2009 - 2017 R.I.P.

Joke aside... I could imagine interesting combinations with these wall types and maybe some future... tree decorations, but that's for when gardeners reach the pitchforks and demand more fancy stuff for their huts.

+1

• Like 1

Were the other wall types sorted out?  Would log cabins be back on the agenda?