Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Reduce Floor Board Materials

Currently Floor Boards require 21 planks and 2 large nails, which is a huge amount of actions and material for something who's only purpose is paving.

Reducing the materials to 4 or 5 planks and 1 or 0 nails would bring it's effort closer to that of other paving slabs.

• Like 4

Worthwhile suggestion here. For way too many years the excessive creation/material requirements for the creation of floor boards have no doubt discouraged most players from making use of it (just like concrete).

=Ayes=

Floor boards are also the only way to remove marsh, probably why they are material intensive, ment as a balance would be my guess.

Regardless, +1 for a lower cost wood paving, maybe a new one that can't be used on marsh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawurm said:

Floor boards are also the only way to remove marsh, probably why they are material intensive, ment as a balance would be my guess.

Regardless, +1 for a lower cost wood paving, maybe a new one that can't be used on marsh.

Some alternative way to remove marsh, turning it straight into dirt would be a good idea.

Makes no sense that they way to remove it is place floorboards then destroy.

+1 for cheaper floorboards :)

4 hours ago, Ayes said:

Worthwhile suggestion here. For way too many years the excessive creation/material requirements for the creation of floor boards have no doubt discouraged most players from making use of it (just like concrete).

=Ayes=

That is the the exact reason i don't have wood paving around my farm even though it would look very nice.

+1

• Like 1

nah, it's bad enough that slate paving only costs 1 slate brick, thesedays.
took me years to pave my deed and i had to floorboard it first. 

a biased -1

We'll be reducing necessary materials to 5 planks and 1 nail, this places it in line with other slabs (5 shards) 

Sorry steve!

• Like 4

meh. np.
it's for the best. 
people avoid marsh, maybe this way they won't.