Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Mysterious Noise, have you heard it?

A long time ago, I would say 2-3 years ago I was in the village of Mount Rustlemoar. It was a village in the heart of Serenity, quite some distance from the shore and fairly secluded. I was playing the game with my good friend at the time Jackburton, and while we were enjoying time crafting and digging around the deed we both heard a strange noise that no one else seemed to hear. Now granted I have about 8 years of game time, and Jack has 8-9 as well, so 16 between the both of us. We know the sounds things make, we know the game in and out.

That sound we heard, could be compared to a woman screaming in the distance. Now, I know many of you may try to come up with an explanation but let me dispel some of them

It was not a pig or unique death noise, it was unmistakable in origin it sounded like an actual shrill scream almost horror movie in nature.

It was not related to ambient sounds that mycelium deliver, again we were on Serenity (JK Home) and mycelium is just non-existent.

In relation to the mycelium, neither of us play with ambient sounds, but we do play with ingame sounds like action based ones, meaning the scream was an action of some sort.

We also lived in an extremely remote area, and were the only ones in the area.

Now my question to you, have you heard anything in Wurm Online that might be classified as spooky like our event?

To this day I cannot think of an explanation, and Jack and I still reminisce about it on occasion.

• Like 1

Could it be maybe a tower guard dying from old age? Unless you mean the sound was completely alien to Wurm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angelklaine said:

Could it be maybe a tower guard dying from old age? Unless you mean the sound was completely alien to Wurm.

It was not a pig or unique death noise, it was unmistakable in origin it sounded like an actual shrill scream almost horror movie in nature.

Was also not similar to a female death sound

Hmm I have not come across anything of the like. Maybe event specific in nature. Could it be that maybe your friend was playing another game and the sound came through your microphone, then back to him as you spoke? I have been spooked this way before until I realize is my pc sounds leaking over my headset mic.

24 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

must be... careful with these male/female guards.. when you butcher them.. they change genders:blink::wacko::ph34r:

While I would agree it could be a teamspeak noise, it was only I and him in the Teamspeak, and we were silent at the time.

was it when voip was enabled?

it was probably zehive running by

Hawk sound maybe? That could be mistaken for a scream.

Your good friend at the time Jackburton trolled you w/Teamspeak and has been giggling about that ever since.

• Like 2

It's the sound of wogic killing logic (yes, logic was a hot chick like in horror films).

• Like 1

I don't know if it's the same noise you refer to, but I hear it from time to time around my deed. To me, it sounds like a female guard dying or getting hurt after a fall. I never see any guards do that, male or female, and am yet to find a dead guard following a noise like that. I seem to hear it roughly once every one or two months.

I know they die of old age. But they respawn quickly. Thats probably why you dont find the corpse.

He already said is not that.

Lets get back to brainstorming.

• Like 1

I think I just heard something similar to what you described about a minute ago or so. I quickly opened the forums to reply.

I am in our capital on Chaos, and while there, I heard something hit something in the distance (like an attack) then I heard some female/monster type sound. I am convinced that what you heard is the deathcry of a Valrei mob. I am not experienced enough with Valrei mobs to identify which one it was, but its a distinctive different sound than your nomal dying guard tower or freedom mob cry. It was far, and very low in volume on my headset, but I noticed it and was able to distinguish it.

Were you on Chaos/Epic when this happened?

You didn't hear the birth of feminism by any chance?

• Like 2

I'll go with Deathcrawler, I've heard that death sound from a distance before, it's quite high pitched.

The missing mob called Phantom maybe?  No one has yet to see one, but evidently it exist.

Not the sound of a rift was it?

(were rifts around then?)

That almost alien sci-fi sound rifts make while they are up tripped me out the first couple times I heard it, till I figured out I only hear it while the big red beam is in the sky

If ambient noises were active, I'd blame the mycelium. Recall hearing some interesting things over the years as a BL. XD

I've heard a similar noise in the past on mycellium, not your regular moans but a scream like you mention. Maybe a rare sound byte.