Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Harder to destroy tundra

4 hours ago, Tich said:

5 hours ago, Odynn said:

Can we make destroying tundra harder then? Like only packing to remove it instead of just digging?

Do put it in suggestions forum..

Suggestion forum here I am!

So with the new transmutation liquid added and lingonberry spawning on tundra, prevent the unintended or too easy destruction of said tundra by removing the digging from the actions destroying it.

• Like 6

I +1 the cause. Make the tile be destroyed equally - or almost- hard as to make it. I'm always sad to see the tundra and kelp/marsh go from the maps...

EDIT: add natural reed to my list, planted is not the same.

Marsh is quite harder to remove, but there is no option to replant and they do not spread naturally ever.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

+1
The tundra is a unique biome, lot of selfish player destroy it.
Please make their work harder!

• Like 1

I think removing pack and dig from it would be nice. Make it unique like other tiles.  If they're making us use a blessed copper and juice mutation potion to make then it should only have the potion to be able to remove. 

• Like 1

+1

Even tho... I can't see the difference(ovbious nerf 1 a bit longer action per tile, vs 1 action to 'fix' 4 tiles) huge fields with it are still going to be removed with a bit more packing which is useful for road builders and houses with fancy floors

--edit
There should be a way to deal with it once it starts spreading

2 minutes ago, luvable said:

I think removing pack and dig from it would be nice. Make it unique like other tiles.  If they're making us use a blessed copper and juice mutation potion to make then it should only have the potion to be able to remove. 

@wiki:"Tundra can spread onto adjacent dirt tiles at a slow rate."

Edited by Finnn

I know it can spread. But the rate was always so I credibly slow. An increased spread rate is good but easy destroy makes the potions pointless. If you take the time to make it in an area only for someone to just pack it all down, it would cause some major anger. Like moss can be planted or packed away. But doesnt spread. All the other things that require potions to make can't be removed easy. So tundra should have more difficulty. Maybe not have to use potion to remove but not just pack and dig. 

• Like 1

I would like to see tundra wok like grass....:rolleyes:  but with no spread to non dirt tiles and no tree spawning.

Well maybe never going to happen, the rate tundra spreads is beyond ridiculous for how easy it can be removed.

I have spend the last 2 years growing tundra out the back of my deed just to see how painfully slow it was.

Dirt is the best option as i have never seen tundra take over grass (its that slow i might have missed it tho).

You can literally wait a month of rl time before you will see a few tiles of tundra spread with the grass taking a few days to backfill the dirt area made clear for the tundra.

Changing grass to tundra with the ice pillar spell is not something i have put any time into really as my vyn priest has very low chan. (I have heard that its an option at high chan, have not tested)

The transformation liquid is going to be insane to make 1-10k tiles of tundra.... tundra i feel should be more like desert, forest, grassland etc...

Not like:  tar, peat, clay etc... (as presented in game)

/rantoff...

+1 but we need more than that stated in the op. ;)

Edited by lawurm
changed state to stated
  • Like 1

I noticed here  : 

that tundra was not listed as a spawn tile , maybe that was just in WU.

Hope a dev checks the creature spawn tiles after these changes.

Give us a reason to create and protect the tundra

3 minutes ago, zorako said:

Give us a reason to create and protect the tundra

11 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • New transmutation liquids have been added to change moss to tundra and tundra to dirt.
    • Copper and Orange juice transmutes moss to tundra.
    • Iron and Raspberry juice transmutes tundra to dirt (tundra will still disappear when packed and dug).
    • Transmutation liquid requirements are 1/5th of resource tile requirements (around 35-45 kgs ql dependent)
  • 3 new fruit bushes have been added – blueberry, raspberry and lingonberry.
    • Blueberry and raspberry sprouts can be found by foraging so that you can plant your own bushes.
    • Lingonberry bushes will spawn on tundra and will not have sprouts for planting.
    • All three berries can still be found via foraging.

Here is the reason, even if tundra could have more uses (specific spawns on it, maybe dig damaged snowballs, cause you know tundra and permafrost.

I do not agree because everything in this game does not have to be difficult or time consuming.  Tundra can be replaced.  I will most likely be making a patch because of the berry but still a huge -1 on this.

• Like 1

I think tundra should be like moss which can be planted and takes over the grass very slowly. There should be a small chance of all the ground tiles randomly generating on dirt. Just make sure all the tiles are balance so stuff doesn't go extinct but grass is the dominant land type.

Edited by Lupe
  • Like 1

it doesn't really do anything, not sure why they made it so hard to make.

I agree with lupe, simply using a snowball on grass could've made tundra tbh.

8 hours ago, Lupe said:

I think tundra should be like moss which can be planted and takes over the grass very slowly.

6 hours ago, Niki said:

I agree with lupe, simply using a snowball on grass could've made tundra tbh.

Aye, going to agree with both of you here, tundra went from stupidly hard to create (frost pillar on grass / trees tiles) to hard(ish) to create with transmutation liquid. While i feel it's a real improvement from the utter randomness we had previously, it could have been done in a better way, allowing us to plant it easilly and remaining in line with the moss / steppe / grass tiles type.

Transmutation liquid was a way to add and remove ressources tiles, tundra is none of it, the wogic being quite strong in there and with the transmutation liquid being added, making tundra harder to destroy by normal means would be logical... and if it's supposed to work like a ressource, add a ressource to it.

That being said, i'm making tundra as we speak. I will probably post a screenshot here or somewhere else once done... cause tundra is cool and should be kept around!

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 2

Tundra is ugly! Now they have made it "spread faster" naturally. Now they have made an easier way to create new tundra. Now you want to make it harder to destroy? No! Just have a pack option to destroy it and then dig to create back to dirt (if this isn't already the way it is).

1 hour ago, Odynn said:

That being said, i'm making tundra as we speak.

Please stop the spreading of this ugliness. A blight on the lands in comparison to forested areas. See? We all have our own preferences within the eye of the beholder, good sir. Otherwise your bad habits seem to be few.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

-1 It wont change a thing. when I first started wurm my end goal was to make a beautiful oasis in a desert no matter how hard it is. If a person wants to remove tundra as a goal, the more difficult is it, the more rewarding. Instead of making it hard to remove, make it more valuable :/ Have it so certain foragables are only obtainable in tundra and can't be farmed. Same for marsh and etc.