Sign in to follow this  
Corsan

[FIXED] Commander bug?

So...I read this in patch notes :

"Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused you to log in on a vehicle as a commander even though you logged out as passenger."

But then I went to login today...and I always log out in my caravel's captain seat....and I logged in...at the top mast passenger position.

After the hotfix, I once again, logged in at the top mast passenger position.

So, I think someone messed something up with this 'fix'. I should be logging in on captain's spot, and something is going awry.

I couldn't reproduce your issue on test.  Please try again when you have a chance and examine the boat after you are on as commander, then examine again when you log back in.

Also, let me know what permissions the boat has in case that is causing an issue.  (You can forum PM me the info if you prefer).

I logged off, logged in 2 more times that day, trying to reproduce it, and it put me back in commander's spot. But then I logged off for the night and didn't login for another day or two and lo and behold, I'm back in passenger spot. I did do a examine before logging and after logging in, just in case.

[20:07:10] You board on the "Solar Tempest" as the captain.
[20:07:10] The "Solar Tempest" is currently moored and won't move.
[20:07:22] Commander: Corsan.
[20:07:22] The "Solar Tempest" does not have a course plotted.
[20:07:22] An impressive merchant ship. It is locked with a lock of below average quality. It is made from cherrywood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 68.95743, Dam: 1.45017. It is moored here. The name of the owner, Corsan, has been etched in the stern.
[20:07:22] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'.

Logging started 2017-05-21
[13:04:09] 189 other players are online. You are on Xanadu (637 totally in Wurm).
[13:04:09] Type /help for available commands.
[13:04:09] You are not invulnerable here.
[13:04:10] You feel rested.
[13:04:21] Passengers: Corsan.
[13:04:21] The "Solar Tempest" does not have a course plotted.
[13:04:21] An impressive merchant ship. It is locked with a lock of below average quality. It is made from cherrywood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 68.95743, Dam: 1.45017. It is moored here. The name of the owner, Corsan, has been etched in the stern.
[13:04:21] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'.

Thought maybe it was just a visual bug, but no, it certainly is moving me from commander's spot to passengers.

3 hours ago, Corsan said:

I logged off, logged in 2 more times that day, trying to reproduce it, and it put me back in commander's spot. But then I logged off for the night and didn't login for another day or two and lo and behold, I'm back in passenger spot. I did do a examine before logging and after logging in, just in case.

Thought maybe it was just a visual bug, but no, it certainly is moving me from commander's spot to passengers.

Would you mind keeping an eye on that until the next server restart?  I wonder if a server restart is involved somehow.  I'll keep trying to reproduce the issue. 

Also, is the shipped locked?  Are you the owner or just someone with permissions?  Is the ship in a building or out in the ocean?  Is the ship on a deed or off?  Is it in a mine?  PvP or PvE?

Thanks!

Ship is locked. (Was built quite a long time before permissions system was added, and locked at that point...if that matters at all. Probably close to a year and change before.) I am the boat builder, and owner, the only permissions allowed on it are the ability for passengers (At least last I knew, I'll check next time I login.).

It's not in a building, it's outside in the open world in my harbor (100 depth, I specifically dredged it that deep.) in the ocean just snugged up beside my 2x2 dock by my portcullis entry for it. It is in my deed's x5 perimeter (Didn't feel like paying for water, even for slowed/stopped boat decay.). Not in a mine. Freedom servers - Xanadu specifically. (PvE). I always log in/out on it (I have no buildings so no bed.). I'm not someone who watches the server up-time type stuff, but I'll try and check it and see if it matters.

Also, my log offs/logins were after the hotfix. It happened the first time I logged in, right after the patch that broke the mining stuff/had that 'bugfix' in it, and had never happened to me before that, and then the hotfix went live, and then after the hotfix I was checking things on here and noticed your message and after logging in again I did two quick logoffs (Even waited /lotime for the second) and it didn't reproduce it...but then after logging off for the night and not being on for a day or so, when I logged in again it did it again. So I'm unsure as to what would be triggering it. I'm not doing anything different on my end.

Where do I find the current server status/uptime? It used to show up as a side-bar thing, but either my ad-block is blocking it, or it's not showing up anymore. I know there's one for the game launcher, but is there not one for forums now?

Edited by Corsan
Added question.

9 hours ago, Corsan said:

Where do I find the current server status/uptime? It used to show up as a side-bar thing, but either my ad-block is blocking it, or it's not showing up anymore. I know there's one for the game launcher, but is there not one for forums now?

From in game, you can use the command /uptime.  This will show how long your server has been up.

From what you explained so far, it appears that each time you logged in as passenger, there was a server restart between the time you logged out and when you again logged in.

Thank you for your details!

It happened again. I logged off on my boat in commander's spot and logged back in on passenger's spot.

[00:12:20] Commander: Corsan.
[00:12:20] The "Solar Tempest" does not have a course plotted.
[00:12:20] An impressive merchant ship. It is locked with a lock of below average quality. It is made from cherrywood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 68.95743, Dam: 2.9216795. It is moored here. The name of the owner, Corsan, has been etched in the stern.
[00:12:20] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'.
Logging started 2017-05-28
[15:34:23] You will now fight defensively.
[15:34:23] You will now fight normally.
[15:34:24] Welcome back, Corsan! Xanadu - the great mystery.
[15:34:24] You enter Freedom Isles.
[15:34:24] You feel the presence of Magranon.
[15:34:24] 188 other players are online. You are on Xanadu (689 totally in Wurm).
[15:34:26] Type /help for available commands.
[15:34:26] You are not invulnerable here.
[15:34:26] You feel rested.
[15:34:35] Passengers: Corsan.
[15:34:35] The "Solar Tempest" does not have a course plotted.
[15:34:35] An impressive merchant ship. It is locked with a lock of below average quality. It is made from cherrywood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 68.95743, Dam: 2.9216795. It is moored here. The name of the owner, Corsan, has been etched in the stern.
[15:34:35] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'.
[15:34:46] The server has been up 3 days, 7 hours and 46 minutes.

I hadn't been on for a few days. Last time for logging in was at 'Logging started 2017-05-24'. If that server up-time is in real-life days and not wurm days, then server was restarted shortly after I logged off and may be part of the culprit. If that's in wurm days, it wouldn't be the server restarts.

Certainly wasn't a problem before the 'fix' was introduced.

Please check again, Corsan.  Hopefully this issue was addressed with some of the fixes with today's patch.

I did indeed reproduce your issue on test - whenever there was a server restart, the commander was put into a passenger position.  I'm going to close this thread because I verified on test that even after a restart you remain a commander.  However, if you experience something different on live, please open another issue and we'll start from scratch again.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154642-patch-notes-1jun17/