Sign in to follow this  
Snare

Community Assistant

So I went to join in the fun on Exodus, and waiting in one of Nadroj's rift buildings while we all wait for it to start and he locks the damn doors. I dislike waiting up until gone 6am to play and then have my game play ruined by a community assistant.

Thanks

Relogging should let you out of a locked house you don't have permissions for.

That's all very well, but when you have your horse stuck in there. More to the point a community assistant should be advocating fair play and workign with the community. Not causing problems and logging off even though he/she is aware of the issue.

Can rift critters go through unlocked house doors? (Like trolls/goblins?)

I have experienced a house full of them, yes. Was ogres iirc.

About this specific complaint: Snare, are you aware that Nadroj has been CA only a few weeks?

So question is, is this a complaint about CA or about Nadroj, or about Nadroj beeing CA?

Atleast he had built a house, did you? Clearly Rifts are not staff events.

You Chaospeople need to take a step back and take a breath.

Edited by Cecci
typos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I have experienced a house full of them, yes. Was ogres iirc.

About this specific complaint: Snare, are you aware that Nadroj has been CA only a few weeks?

So question is, is this a complaint about CA or about Nadroj, or about Nadroj beeing CA?

Atleast he had built a house, did you? Clearly Rifts are not staff events.

You Chaospeople need to take a step back and take a breath.

This was all well and good until you had to drag "you Chaos people" in.
Maybe "you Freedom people" should stop being pansies.
See how that felt? Not very nice was it. :P

Edited by Matholameu
This was meant in jest. Don't go freaking out now.

Never had an issue with Nadroj, CA or Not. What I did do though was contact him via the forums first, but he made no attempt to unlock the buildings, therefore please take any kingdom/pvp nonsence out of this thread. I wasn't aware Nadroj played on Chaos.

My one and only point and issue is that someone with the CA title, id expect more community assistance...

Nadroj is a former king of MR.

MR has left Chaos.

Rifts are not CA events.

Did you directly contact him in-game to ask for entry to the building? If not, this thread is a tad uncalled for. @Nadrojwould never maliciously keep someone from access to his rift buildings, it was likely an oversight.

Edited by Joelle
  • Like 1

OK, take your chaos element out of it, you're just embarassing yourself.

Rifts are not CA events no, but to have something set up, and then casue an issue with it, by locking players in. A CA is there to help the community? 

Where's the play nice or rip your heart out play in this. Or beacasue he's CA he's untouchable, I'm not sure about your aproach. Clearly you have a thumb in his pie or you wouldn't get so defensive,

@Joellewhen I arrived the building was open. I sit eating dougnuts and drinking wine while I watch local - event starts I go to leave and the building is now locked.

I pm'd him, he said it wasn't - (which it is) and still is now. And he never bothered to get back to , just logged out.

Ok, so the part about rift creatures beeing able to enter houses that are unlocked...

Do you suggest to always leave rift buildings unlocked?

6 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Ok, so the part about rift creatures beeing able to enter houses that are unlocked...

Do you suggest to always leave rift buildings unlocked?

Genuine question here, can't doors be set to allow kingdom, or is that not an option on Freedom? 
Seems that would have prevented this whole issue from happening anyways. 

EDIT: Also, @SnareDid you relog? If so, were you spawned outside of the building? If so, why bother to make this thread? 
I understand you're frustrated, but, I still feel this thread was a tad bit unnecessary. If you have a complaint about CA behavior, should take it directly to Shrimpiie @Retrograde or one of the devs or something, don't feel public shaming was the best option here. 

Edited by Matholameu
oops

Question is, are the rift creatures freedomers also?

Are visiting Chaosplayers Freedomers when they leave Chaos or are they of "other kingdom"?

Just now, Snare said:
Just now, Cecci said:

Are visiting Chaosplayers Freedomers when they leave Chaos or are they of "other kingdom"?

Rift creatures wouldn't be able to pass through gates with the "Kingdom" permission set to pass gates. Same for other mobs like trolls, goblins.

Everyone on Freedom is a Freedomer regardless of Chaos affiliation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cecci said:

You become a Freedomer for all intents and purposes when you leave Chaos. Only mail is affected from what I know. 

1 minute ago, Matholameu said:

You become a Freedomer for all intents and purposes when you leave Chaos. Only mail is affected from what I know. 

Only when you're sending to an enemy who is currently on Chaos, even. So it doesn't affect Freedom play at all, really.

Next time, park the horse outside the house.

One thing I'd like to point out is rift creatures can enter unlocked houses, which was likely the reason why nadroj locked it, to protect those in the house, chances are it's a simple oversight.

I understand your frustration but I can assure you, our Community Assistants would have absolutely zero reason to gain any satisfaction from doing something like this, 

• Like 2

OP - They are essentially players like ourselves. You shouldn't expect them to treat you super special, they are here to help with questions when possible. I think people have this mentality that because of there official status, that you should be treated differently, respect they have authority and give them the normal respect you would as anyone else. I think a lot of people have that mentality when they see a CA or CM, even a GM... Without sounding staff bashy here - it totally isn't.. Just treat them like players and loose that mentality and you'll feel better. 

The only people you should feel entitled, is the staff that is getting paid.

Edited by Niki
bad wording go easy on me mods :(

5 minutes ago, Joelle said:

Only when you're sending to an enemy who is currently on Chaos, even. So it doesn't affect Freedom play at all, really.

Only when you're sending from Chaos. Can send from Freedom to anyone without issue. 

EDIT: I misread your post. But, it also affect sending from Chaos. You're right, really doesn't affect Freedom. 

Edited by Matholameu

Jeez, this literally has 'nothing' to do with Chaos.

I did relog and popped out the house but my horse was in side. I openned communication but he then went off line.

That's why I started this thread, bad judgement, possibly. Sorry, but Niki, your right Ill take any titles with a pinch of salt from now on.

This thread can be closed.

1 minute ago, Snare said:

Jeez, this literally has 'nothing' to do with Chaos.

I did relog and popped out the house but my horse was in side. I openned communication but he then went off line.

That's why I started this thread, bad judgement, possibly. Sorry, but Niki, your right Ill take any titles with a pinch of salt from now on.

This thread can be closed.

Could have made a support ticket for the horse and mentioned it in the CA-Tab. Then made your complaint about Nad to Retro or something. 

I'm done. Happy Wurming!