Sign in to follow this  
Dazama

Fatigue resting option

Browsing the town square, I saw a topic regarding fatigue timer.

A couple other people and I were looking into an idea that might not satisfy everyone affected, but could always help anyways. I know that the spell wisdom of vynora can take away some fatigue time in order to add sleep bonus is a thing and so there are people in that area who might be running into fatigue issues. Another understandable complaint is people talking about how long you have to wait in order to get full fatigue time back.

I would say a proposed solution should be to implement the option for a rocking chair/recliner chair to allow one to recover fatigue vs sleep bonus or even allow some sort of half and half. I would think since you get 1 hour of fatigue every 3 hours irl, that the rate of recovery should be at x4 for fatigue so that you get 4 hours of fatigue a day vs the 1 hour you get of sleep bonus. In this way, you can have a full 12 hours of fatigue after a day(8 hours after 24 irl hours + 4 hours of fatigue bonus sleeping).

This will make furniture useful somewhat.

______

Second idea would to make sitting at a table in a chair while eating also recover roughly 30-45 seconds of fatigue per 1% of food you recover when eating at a table. This would also give some use to these things in the game.

____

I know these suggestions are not perfect and I know not everyone will like them. This is only an attempt to try and give some reasonable solution that can probably be implemented much better than I am stating. Feel free to let me know what you think and even add your own ideas.

I would also like to thank Pearjade and Seriphina for helping me with a back and forth on this.

Edited by Dazama

I think these are adorable! And a good solution to an issue some people have had.

+1

This would largely defeat the purpose of fatigue--to prevent botters from macroing. Some people do get burned by fatigue while playing legitimately.

Any fatigue removal (or reduction) would have to take macorers into acount.

So as of now, I'll have to do a -1 for this suggestion as it stands.

Edited by Hailene

Makes it too easy to fix fatigue deprived chars.. 3silver for day and a half offline time.. you can buy that any time, anywhere<_<:wacko: pay2win solution

You're skipping the reason why they get to that state.. and how...

I'd +1 it if it was something less op.. like 1day(24h offline) sleep/resting on a lounge-chair(which is 8 wurm days of coma on a chair.. to recover after the party.. making bricks/planks or w/e these hippies are doing to get there in that state)

Fatigue recovery by sitting on a chair/next to a table.. eating...  :rolleyes:what stops certain somebody.. to from eating ql1 food.. with worst nutrition.. to get that bar recover slower.. and refill fatigue that way:unsure:

It's quite hard to get there unless you work, just work.. for several days straight, log in.. and do stuff w/o breaks or playing, just working in the game:blink::huh:

13 hours ago, Hailene said:

This would largely defeat the purpose of fatigue--to prevent botters from macroing. Some people do get burned by fatigue while playing legitimately.

Any fatigue removal (or reduction) would have to take macorers into acount.

So as of now, I'll have to do a -1 for this suggestion as it stands.

I'm sorry but i would have to say -1 to this too. The idea is nice but like Hailene said the fatigue system is about bots. We are better off removing the fatigue system, and having staff check people who would surpass the fatigue system after it being removed. Only then, people who actively watch and click their screen for 16 hours straight making boats will be happy :)... But who wants to watch over other people in wurm XD

fatigue is a old system, guessing it was there to prevent botting in the beginning yeah, but i refuse to believe that with running into fatigue issues the GM team has caught people botting consistently.

if it is this way, then wow, thats a really bad way of preventing bots lol....

either way, i ran into fatigue 2-3 times over the last 2 years or so.

yes it happens very, very rarely...but i can see people quitting over it, after all its paid time as others pointed out before.

however, i would absolutely dont see a point in sitting down at a table or in a rocking chair, if you want to RP go ahead, i know there is a community for that somewhere in here...

TL;DR +1 to giving players more than 12hrs of fatigue / changing the fatigue system

Edited by Quicktor

+1 to fatigue being looked at.   -1 to anything that requires effort or time on my behalf to deal with it.     It's a broken mechanic and should simply be removed.