Sign in to follow this  
Cake

What is a Wurm?

I took a look at the Wurm calender and realized Wurm itself was a day. If that is so, that's like calling this game Tuesday (or Wednesday) Online.

While I was laughing at that, I found myself wondering something else: what exactly is a Wurm?

The wiki doesn't answer this. Hoping someone here can!

• Like 1

According to Google;

Würm
vo͝orm/
noun
Geology
singular proper noun: Würm
  1. the final Pleistocene glaciation in the Alps, possibly corresponding to the Weichsel of northern Europe.
    • the system of deposits laid down at the time of the Würm glaciation.
  • Like 1

Urban dictionary had this to say:

1. The lowest class of Dragon or second highest class of serpent. Has no arms or legs. 
2. A demoted dragon due to disobeying its controller

Wiki had this to say:

Wurm or Würm may refer to:

• Wurm, a river in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
  • Würm, a river in Bavaria, Germany
  • Würm (Nagold), a small river in Baden-Württemberg, Germany
  • Würm glaciation, a glacial period named for the Bavarian river
  • Wurm (dragon) or European dragon, a legendary creature in folklore and mythology
  • 1785 Wurm, a main-belt asteroid

• Like 1

i always thought it was the planet of the game tbh

• Like 1

it's an acronym standing for Wurm Users Risk Madness.

just kidding.  It's actually Swedish for "eye patch made of lemon slice."

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Dang, I thought it was lignonberries and lutefisk, I see I need to brush up on my Swedish. (Not sure lemons are really native to Sweden anyhow .. I always figured Sweden was the Braavos of this world -- and every schoolchild knows there are no lemon trees in Braavos!!

I always thought "Wurm" was supposed to sound like a medieval era dragon, though I have since heard it is the actual name of the planet. Or maybe as Klaa, tells us in that thread, it is ...  A GREAT THING. 

Something evil that threatens from Valrei but has never yet been actually seen ingame. And, possibly related to the "lost puppet conversations" and some great evil that Libila set loose or made some pact with ... or something-something. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

If you have time to wonder about what Wurm is, then obviously you arent grinding hard enough. Get back to it! And make a priest! You got too much free time in your hands!

• Like 1

But I already am a priest!

Oh. "Wurm" as in "dragon" makes sense.

• Like 1

I speculate that wurm is match with era wurm glaciation posted above with some modern add ons. I think age around 52 000 before Christ before 2nd catataclysm. We all live in that era and that why we stick with this game. I wanted to finish with this game, i am overplayed as hell, but i cant and still stick till not understand this past life. Wurm glaciation match with age of Atlantida and I am interest and read articles about that. I red some stories and hear Edgar Cayece speaking, around 100 000 after 1st cataclysm there was falling age when main power was divided into white and dark magic. Dark power was hold 12 dark black clerics with the symbol of crystal skull and some was alive to this era. There are legends that those items are more than modern computers and hold inside pictures of that era. I think that we must remember that age and understand, who we were, bring our skills to real life to understand next real being.

Edited by murda

I must tell some story here. I get "schizofrenia" label from current doctors. I hear voices. I am isolated from current people. Not interested by normal human doing. So I stick with games. Once i go hunt in wurm i hear that voice. I killed all animals in some desert with my alt. That voice appear and speaking to me, that was me and my love(alt char), who lived in that era and we need to understand that was real past life. Now must find that lost love and take care about nature, which i devastated before. I also interest more about current witch-doctor and predict visions. Some speaking deeply about moving continents, end of age and reborning Atlantida project to next times. But what will happen, God knows.

Edited by murda

On 5/15/2017 at 6:35 AM, Reylaark said:

Murda chill..
@Reylaarkwins

photo-349.jpg

On 5/17/2017 at 7:12 AM, kazthegreat said:

wurm = baby? dragon

That would presumably be the hatchlings that give drake hide.

Theoretically there is something called a Wurm in WO and I'm sure I've heard rumours of some people seeing them as hallucinations on the path of Insanity but they're most likely just rumours.

• Like 1

Since "a" is a singularity even if a co-amalgamation of many disparate particulates, Wurm can not be defined within that parameter. This then only perpetuates any myths that arise as non-pertinent responses; therefore, at this point in time I shall refrain from further comment since more would be lessened by this lesson.

=Ayes=