Sign in to follow this  
Artimis

Alaron is open

Alaron is open for anyone who wishes to play on the server. 4096x4096 map. 1 x skill gain. 4 x action timer. Free deed but there is upkeep cost. Lots of rivers, big and small. Lots of unique terrain. Plateaus, valleys, canyons, mountain meadows, snow capped peaks, grasslands, forests, deserts, steppes, marshes. Great place for explorers or people just wanting to play and build. 

80,000 creatures, 60% aggressive.

All characteristics start at 23. We assume you are not a weakling.

All skills start at 10. We assume you are not a moron who doesn't even know how to dig.

Mining hits are 41.

Xray mod is advised. The vein count has been reduced so you'll need it to make finding veins easier for you. And with 60% nasties it might keep you alive longer in the beginning.

Tree spread odds are 50%. The server has been up for a couple of months at 100% so there should be ample trees. Some areas they will be sparse.

Sea serpents and sharks will not be rare. I've seen one dragon so far. Probably more. Some other rare nasties have also been spotted.

Mods:

(because updates may break mods we can't say these will always be available)

betterdig: per dig weight rate, clay 20, tar 20, peat 20. dig from/to fairly everything
bountymod
cropmod
deedmod: max 2 deeds of 10201 total tiles each. (example 101x101)
harvesthelper
morecraftables
skillgaincontrol
startergear: added spyglass, file, pelt, pottery jar. noob gear can be improved
survival: easy mode. players with noob buffs not affected. water disease enabled. colder north. crops grow all year. 
taxconfig: if a deed owner is gone 28 days on the 29th day deed upkeep goes up each day until they return or the deed disbands.
upkeepcosts: minimum upkeep 1S. tile cost 250i upkeep 25i. perimeter cost 100i upkeep 10i. guard cost 3S. upkeep 1.5S.

This server is only lightly moderated. It is a survival game after all. One rule above all others, be nice. Not nice people will not be tolerated. 

Map

The map can be found here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/151891-alaron-4096x4096/

Edited by Artimis
  • Like 1