Sign in to follow this  
kazthegreat

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker (Affinity Meals)

logo.png

Affinity Recipe Maker for Wurm Online.

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker is a tool that was designed to help players create affinity meals for their character and save them to look up later, it is currently in beta.

This tool was developed with help form Icbash, who first created the affinity meal spreadsheet this tool is based off. you can find the spreadsheet version here.

Current website is: https://wurmfood.com

Current Build: version 1.4

W.U.R.M Generators are currently in beta and available for testing before they hit live site..  http://wurmcoders.com

* Both sites have been updated for Cartography!

Changelog

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker - 2.0 - coming soon! (This is now planned for after holidays!)

• reload meals you have already made
  • share meals you have made.
  • meal / pizza etc generators..
  • code rework for faster future updates..
  • and more.. as i add them to my list

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker - 1.4 - 4/4/18

• Updated menu for easier access to members area.
  • Added more meal item boxes to make larger meals.
  • Updated members area so you can see what meals you have made give each of your characters.
  • made some major updates to behind the scenes code, for future updates.

Sorry for the long delay between updates, i was a victim of the last hurricane Irma and it took some time to get all affairs back in order,

I'm happy to say everything is back on track for future updates, and i will be reviewing any/all emails i received while absent.

Upcoming/possible updates.

• being able to reload meals you have made, back into the maker so you can save some time.
  • setting an area you can add your own unique items to your meal with your own data.
  • option to share a meal with other users, area in members area where you can see what meals others have shared and what it will give your characters.
  • a timer tool to show you how long your affinity food timer "should" be at various quality levels.

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker - 1.3 - 11/17/17

• Updated affinity names

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker - 1.3 - 06/23/17

• Rewrote codebase for new functionality going forward
  • Added in some new items and prep types

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker - 1.2 - 05/30/17

• Code fixes
  • Fixed issue with player id's and meals

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker - 1.1 beta- 05/15/17

• Code fixes
  • Added ability to edit.delete characters, delete meals.
  • Added in shopping list sort by name for meals.

Wurm Ultimate Recipe Maker - 1.0 beta - 05/13/17

• initial release

Edited by kazthegreat
updated changelog
  • Like 11

Loving this, few ideas though.

Add an option to edit meals, the checklist is great but if you notice something is wrong you have to remake the entire meal to do so.

More boxes to add ingredients.

Select preparation that only applies to that food type, e.g. herbs cannot be fried so remove the selection for that in the dropdown

Option to input a starting number to account for other ingredients, e.g. making pizza I have to add 4 ingredients to cover the pizza ingredients and my rare oven offset.

Rare oven offset for my character is +20 not +1 perhaps look into this further.

Link from the members area to the meal maker from inside that area, rather than the top link bar, feels odd, like you are exiting the member area to go cook.

Secure https login when giving e-mail address when registering.

Change the name slightly, Have the acronym spell Wurm is clever but confusing when you try to reference it. Perhaps Wurm Ultimate Recipe Making Assistant

Hope these ideas help improve this wonderful tool. Keep up the good work can't wait for the next version.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fraeya said:

could you check and see if you a broken toon? https://trewq.pl/wurm/mealcheck/

it could be your setup meal is right on the border of a broken toon 20 shift

Haven't had time to try it fully yet, but I have some suggestions.

Currently you're missing one state(diced/minced etc.), veggies and meat can be cooked too, IIRC the offset was +7.

Garlic would fit better in veggies section since it counts as a veggie in Wurm.

It would also be great if you could add more ingredients, for example bread(whole, sliced, breadcrumbs), milk, legacy meat and gravy(it was in the spreadsheet version IIRC and is a very common ingredient).

Could also be useful to be able to add an ingredient with a custom offset for those more uncommon ingredients, I use meatballs a lot in my recipes and would be great to be able to have them there somehow.

Edited by boilingfort

When I open this site in either IE or firefox, the bottom of the page (where it says +/- affinity) keeps scrolling off the bottom where I can't see it.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Thank you all for the suggestions i am adding them in the list as we move forward =)

@wargasm I have tested website in chrome and firefox, but if it becomes and issue i can always add a toggle so if it works for you let it slide if you cant see it let it stay anchored. hopefully this will solve any issues.

11 hours ago, boilingfort said:

Haven't had time to try it fully yet, but I have some suggestions.

Currently you're missing one state(diced/minced etc.), veggies and meat can be cooked too, IIRC the offset was +7.

Garlic would fit better in veggies section since it counts as a veggie in Wurm.

It would also be great if you could add more ingredients, for example bread(whole, sliced, breadcrumbs), milk, legacy meat and gravy(it was in the spreadsheet version IIRC and is a very common ingredient).

Could also be useful to be able to add an ingredient with a custom offset for those more uncommon ingredients, I use meatballs a lot in my recipes and would be great to be able to have them there somehow.

Yes we have full intentions to add in new stuff, we are currently testing new items, and working on a way to only show specified prep depending on item and a few other things. as far as garlic iin wiki it states " In Wurm Garlic is a herb contrary to its real life status as a Vegetable." so that is why i placed it in herb, but i may place it back in veggie just cause most prefer it that way hehe, i like the idea of custom offset we were thinking of that for the broken toon part but since word of a fix we may just add in a custom offset setting, so broken toons that dont want fix can use tool and whatnot. so thank you for all your input it's appreciated =)

On 5/17/2017 at 9:02 AM, Fraeya said:

Loving this, few ideas though.

Add an option to edit meals, the checklist is great but if you notice something is wrong you have to remake the entire meal to do so.

More boxes to add ingredients.

Select preparation that only applies to that food type, e.g. herbs cannot be fried so remove the selection for that in the dropdown

Option to input a starting number to account for other ingredients, e.g. making pizza I have to add 4 ingredients to cover the pizza ingredients and my rare oven offset.

Link from the members area to the meal maker from inside that area, rather than the top link bar, feels odd, like you are exiting the member area to go cook.

Secure https login when giving e-mail address when registering.

Change the name slightly, Have the acronym spell Wurm is clever but confusing when you try to reference it. Perhaps Wurm Ultimate Recipe Making Assistant

Hope these ideas help improve this wonderful tool. Keep up the good work can't wait for the next version.

@Fraeya it looks like you may be broken, there is a link to a broken toon checker on front page of website. we are working on per item prep, a cont of items is added to the list so you can keep track of how many you have in meal, like is shown in members area. currently there are 30 items to make a meal thats usually is more than you can put in a pan, if there are more requests it is already setup to make is so you can add addmitinal ingrediants, we can just add that in for more boxes., https has been added as of today =) ty for that,  the original name was Wurm Affinity Meal Maker - WAMM, but making it spell wurm was funny =P still havend decided on name as of yet...

Thank you for your input!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kazthegreat said:

@Fraeya it looks like you may be broken, there is a link to a broken toon checker on front page of website. we are working on per item prep, a cont of items is added to the list so you can keep track of how many you have in meal, like is shown in members area. currently there are 30 items to make a meal thats usually is more than you can put in a pan, if there are more requests it is already setup to make is so you can add addmitinal ingrediants, we can just add that in for more boxes., https has been added as of today =) ty for that,  the original name was Wurm Affinity Meal Maker - WAMM, but making it spell wurm was funny =P still havend decided on name as of yet...

Thank you for your input!!

I think you nailed it with W.U.R.M.

The New Update Only Affect rarity Of oven. if you  change to the new system. just redo  you setup meal and go to town all tested. so if you are updated dont change rarity of oven at all.  

Edited by icbash
Damn auto spell check Dont not Done
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, kazthegreat said:

In Wurm Garlic is a herb contrary to its real life status as a Vegetable." so that is why i placed it in herb, but i may place it back in veggie just cause most prefer it that way hehe,

In terms of cooking garlic is considered a vegetable, when you queue chopping several herbs it will not chop garlic but when you chop several veggies it will chop the garlic.

About more boxes, I've filled up all 30 boxes making full house pizza without filling the baking stone yet, 3 of those were for the pizza base offset and one other was for my rare oven offset (I have now switched to the new system as of today) I could possibly condense that into one or two ingredients for the pizza base offset but I still only put in half the herbs and feel confident I could fit more. If you added an option to enter a custom offset into a box that could work for adding more ingredients without needing to add more boxes and would also allow us to set other base meals until they are added.

Keep up the good work :) I'll certainly be using this lots over the coming days now all my prepared meals are junk!

1 hour ago, Fraeya said:

In terms of cooking garlic is considered a vegetable, when you queue chopping several herbs it will not chop garlic but when you chop several veggies it will chop the garlic.

About more boxes, I've filled up all 30 boxes making full house pizza without filling the baking stone yet, 3 of those were for the pizza base offset and one other was for my rare oven offset (I have now switched to the new system as of today) I could possibly condense that into one or two ingredients for the pizza base offset but I still only put in half the herbs and feel confident I could fit more. If you added an option to enter a custom offset into a box that could work for adding more ingredients without needing to add more boxes and would also allow us to set other base meals until they are added.

Keep up the good work :) I'll certainly be using this lots over the coming days now all my prepared meals are junk!

fraeya what items missing from the data base? ill see if i can fig them out and get them added. adding more slots should not be a prob. just give kaz time. only thing i can help him with is math and the raw data to put in for input

• Like 1

14 hours ago, icbash said:

The New Update Only Affect rarity Of oven. if you  change to the new system. just redo  you setup meal and go to town all tested. so if you are updated done change rarity of oven at all.

NVM I'm dumb.

Edited by Rudie

1 hour ago, Rudie said:

NVM I'm dumb.

if ya dont mind me asking what where you doing wrong and is there anyway we could maybe make it ez so u dont do it?

Missing items, like dough, passata, legacy meat, coconut, fish and meat filets would.be nice to see the alcohols also using the different woodscraps also missing mashed prep.

When you delete a meal, keep that characters meals open

Edited by Fraeya

I seem to be missing something. I originally used the spread sheet and found a meal that works for me. I just plugged all the entries from the spread sheet into the site and I come up with different results. It seems that the + for frying pan is different on the site (1 on sheet vs 65) as is the + for various meats (Humanoid is 10 on sheet vs 25, Beef is 2 on sheet vs 17 etc).  Originally I was making Farming food. The same ingredients on the site claim I would make Praying food. I still get Farming in game so that tells me the sheet is correct.

needs an  option to expand the shopping list for all the ingredients so we don't need to scroll the box on screen if we have more ingredients or larger screens

14 hours ago, Lokitia said:

I seem to be missing something. I originally used the spread sheet and found a meal that works for me. I just plugged all the entries from the spread sheet into the site and I come up with different results. It seems that the + for frying pan is different on the site (1 on sheet vs 65) as is the + for various meats (Humanoid is 10 on sheet vs 25, Beef is 2 on sheet vs 17 etc).  Originally I was making Farming food. The same ingredients on the site claim I would make Praying food. I still get Farming in game so that tells me the sheet is correct.

Could i get the full list of what ya made and your base setup food so i can check this? the number dif is becuz i was doing the math dif for setup but i had to change it to make it line up for other meals types so i had to change all the number from my numbering system to base numbering system.

Here are three screenshots showing what I used. It's possible I missed something but I've reviewed it a number of times and it looks identical to me.

Spreadsheet

Web Setup

Maker

1 hour ago, Lokitia said:

Here are three screenshots showing what I used. It's possible I missed something but I've reviewed it a number of times and it looks identical to me.

Spreadsheet

Web Setup

Maker

well i think ya def found a bug. im going to do some number see if i can find the prob

I noticed you had the different types of bread in the tool before, but in this updated version there are no breads. Boilingfort mentioned it above, as well as others. Thanks for your hard work!