Sign in to follow this  
Arium

[Bug] Cannot add unfinished items inside pile of unfinished items to crafting window

As title states, if unfinished decoration items form a pile of unfinished items that did not do so before

then the items inside said pile can no longer be added to the crafting window, neither by dragging them nor with the keybind and the option is not available in the right click menu either.

I noticed this last night while mass producing amphora racks, it would not let me add the items to the crafting window from the pile on the ground. I had to pick up each unfinished rack and drop it on a tile by itself before I could build this. This will be especially annoying when you want to build reinforcement beams.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

I noticed this last night while mass producing amphora racks, it would not let me add the items to the crafting window from the pile on the ground. I had to pick up each unfinished rack and drop it on a tile by itself before I could build this. This will be especially annoying when you want to build reinforcement beams.

i did not test wether this actually applies to items that already formed piles before the update or only decoration items that do not form piles at less than 18. i will do this in a bit.

Okay, just tested a stack of reinforcement beams and those are fine, can be added to the crafting window while in a pile of items on the floor.

So just those new decorations/containers?

got the same case when making wine barrels, with 16 unfinished wine barrels they don't form a pile but when i drop 1 more, they go into a pile and i can no longer add them to the crafting interface

if you got a pile of unfinished items and you drop planks into that one, you can't add the unfinished barrels to the interface

if you make a pile of planks and drop unfinished barrels, the first 14 unfinished barrels will appear outside of the pile and you can use those but the following ones will go into the pile and you can't add those to the interface

if you remove the planks from the pile and grab all the unfinished barrels that were in that pile, you can now drop all unfinished barrels without them forming a pile (tried with 21 on the tile)

Edited by Cerber

I just had this issue with an unfinished stone altar.

On 8/3/2017 at 5:07 PM, Xallo said:

I just had this issue with an unfinished stone altar.

I think this happens on a cave entrance tile, inside the cave. It seems the entrance tiles of caves like to bug out items. Some of my pendulums even went into the piles (It is a 2-wide entrance, if it helps).

bump, this has been an issue ever since unfinished item piles were introduced.