Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Sermons for Pristine!

and were dead again, seems we lost a few to another group and the rest followed

Hello Pristine and other fellow wurmians, I am pleased to announce Sermons on pristine are re-open to the public! I've also recently completed the new and improved church, including additional altars for the new god "Gary."

New Church Photos:

https://gyazo.com/8854a7f756a0813496775ddde57e84b2

https://gyazo.com/3f99dd58a9abe8170c1edaaba0cb6ae1

https://gyazo.com/86ab030fb1dec7564fc0d03e6ae38af2

- Basics -

All my Priest are at 100 faith now. I normally keep them around to count as listeners but I've mostly turned over rotation management to the active priests. We use a simple tool based on a google doc that combined with a script manages rotation perfectly well. Most of the time its as simple as clicking rotate, and copy and pasting the next roster into chat. So please feel free to contribute and help keep the rotations going as often as possible, there are almost always enough afk listeners (except during events etc...) to keep rotations going. This sermon group is mainly operated by volunteers to keep cycle going as much as possible, please dont hesitate to chip in some time posting rotation, put in your fair share and help the next person do the same! :)

The rotation itself is pretty simple, priests are placed in rotation, every 32 minutes another priest gets to sermon, assuming there are a sufficient number of listeners you will get to sermon approximately every 3h12m hours. The more listeners we have the better faith gains are. PLEASE make sure your paying attention, you will not be PM'd or notified in any way other then the timing announcements by the sermon manager in local/team chat that its your turn to sermon. If you cant make sure, set a timer. You will have a 3 minute window to sermon, if you miss it, you are skipped until the next rotation, unless there happens to be an empty slot farther down the rotation, and then only if the sermon manager approves. If your AFK when it comes to your time to sermon, you will be skipped once and bumped back to the next empty position if there is one available, if not you will be skipped until the next rotation, if your skipped twice, logout, or leave local you are removed from rotation. Black lighters, your welcome to join us, but your expected to participate as a listener regardless of your alignment gains unless you provide another character to add to gains for everyone else, if your not willing to, don't bother coming. Also if you bring more then one priest, if rotation is 6 or more, you will only be given a single slot until it thins, when it does just ask for the empty slot.

- Rules -

1. No sacrificing of ANY ITEMS unless its a scheduled channeling grind day. However you can slow cast spells with standard favor regeneration, or vessel/drain gems.

You also have drop rights on deed for the purposes of using public forges etc. DO NOT trash my deed, clean up after yourself, i log everything if you continually leave a mess you will not be welcome to stay.

2. Conversion can ONLY be done immediately after a sermon as it will interfere with the next sermon, and ONLY once the sermon manager is notified and aware they need to adjust the timer.

3. No healing yourself, others, or animals while anywhere near the church, this will also interfere with the sermon timing.

4. No switching spots or changing the rotation unless approved by the sermon manager, and all affected parties.

5. All Priests should be on a team together, team channel is for sermon related info only, so you know what you NEED to pay attention to.  Please keep normal chatter to the local and other such channels.

6. Do NOT take meals out of the larder, even if you put them back it will prevent anyone else from eating that meal. There is no reason to remove them at all. Eat directly from it!

7. No ringing the bell unless its to notify of an impending sermon!

8. Account sharing will now be treated as alting, as such you will only be giving one slot for all characters under your control to share. Which character sermons is up to you. Abuse will not be tolerated.

- Location -

Dragon Beard is located around U17, on the south side of deed, near the ocean, access by sea from the south or from the bay highway to the north, at the end of the highway near glengary there is a new bridge going south across the bay called "Dragon Collar Bridge" that leads directly to deed. If you coming by sea you can dock on the south side, the church is directly ahead. From the west, follow the highway around the bay till it ends at the marble road, take a right up the hill, straight back down to the the south seaside tier.

- What is provided -

There are a limited number of secure rooms and pens for long term visitors, and there 4 legged companion, with storage in the rooms.

High Q Meals, Meditation Locations (Please repair the rugs after each use!), Horses to Groom (usually), BSB's for Dirt Casting, There is also a designated AFK area on the second floor so you can be out of the way but still present to provide addition skill gains for the preachers (I am sure they will all appreciate it).

If you have any suggestions or idea's id be glad to hear them. Can post them here, Forum PM me, or in game as VirusMD

Come one, come all, to the Dragon Beard Church of Obligatory Worship!

The truth is in the Cake.

Edited by VirusMD
Critiques
  • Like 7

Sign me up for 3 priests.

Can keep them online forever to help with listeners. 

I'll sail down tonight sometime and bless an Altar to Paaw, and to find the place. 

Let's get this started!! =)

9 minutes ago, TFH-CO said:

Sign me up for 3 priests.

Can keep them online forever to help with listeners. 

I'll sail down tonight sometime and bless an Altar to Paaw, and to find the place. 

Let's get this started!! =)

sweet, sadly i wont be on today, doing a BBQ for all the moms!, will be back on later thoe

Edited by VirusMD

I'll bring mewantcookie over today.  He's Paaweelr priest.

Edited by nicedreams

17 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

I'll bring mewantcookie over today.  He's Paaweelr priest.

chat me up if you have questions directions, im online but will be mostly AFK at least for the next 6-8 hours or so. Ill answer your questions as i check on things

Oh finally a sermon group! Thanks for organizing it. Will sail my alt Lhyara (Nahjo priest) over at once. 

Active sermons running now, 8 listeners with several opening for more priests!

Thank you to everyone who has shown up to make this a quick success, been sermoning practically for practically 24 hours straight!

Have lots of listeners but only a couple active priests, still slots available in the earliest 3 hours rotations.

Another productive day, i alone have participated in 24 sermons in 3 days, with only 3-4 active priest. Still slots available for 2-3 others! Come on down run them all night/day! Eat, Drink (water), and be merry, because tomorrow we pray some more! Here at the Tol Honeth Church Of Obligatory Worship all (most (ok some(maybe))) are welcome.

• Like 1

hitting it hard again today, .2800 ticks... Keep em coming!

31 sermons on the date of the 21st. Out of ~48 potential possible sermon windows

Edited by VirusMD

still going strong, averaging between 9 and 16 listeners, still taking on some new priest in around this time and earlier

Great group! I walked in there with 2 priests a bit under 94 faith last Sunday. 8 days later and both have hit 100 faith!

Amazing.

bump, looking for some new priest, couple have left us now after reaching there goal!

bump, still looking for some new priests, things are slowing down a bit, lost a couple to reaching there goals. Time for you to step in and get yours done too!

Bump, still looking for a couple new priest to fill some recently vacated slots!

Edited by VirusMD

Bump, need more slav... i mean listeners and priests!

on my Way with Christalis

Paaweelr priest Faith 32... can be online all time

Edited by Windstan

Keeping it going, 2 new priests in the last 24h, still a couple open slots in this time.

New sermon record, 17 listeners, .3400 ticks. :) Starts thinning out again around 22:00 UTC could use a few more going into the later hours. Keep things rolling. Its easy for nearly anyone to lead a sermon now, almost completely automated short of clicking a button and copy and paste!

Is there a fishing spot available for between sermons?

31 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

Is there a fishing spot available for between sermons?

yes, but its a short trip down either side of our lil mountain, not more than 2 minutes from the sermon area.

2 minutes ago, loetuw said:

any requirement to join?

follow the rules, otherwise no