Sign in to follow this  
Lisabet

Resizing deeds around Epic Buildings

I've had a deed I bought some time ago that I wanted to resize smaller because I didn't use a good portion of it, only to find that somehow there is a pair of Obelisks on the deed that prevent me from even making my deed smaller.  I propose that the mechanic preventing shrinking of a deed be altered to allow at least making a deed smaller.  I can understand in a way that I wouldn't be able to make my deed larger, but not being able to shrink it is plain silly.  I'm not even trying to remove that area of the deed, but the complete opposite direction.  I wouldn't be able to disband and redeed the spot because I actually wanted the area the obelisks are on to remain part of the deed, and I have a boat mine door on that side that I would lose in the process.

TLDR: Please allow resizing a deed smaller that would normally be blocked by an epic building making the area "holy"

Edited by Lisabet
fixed poor grammar/spelling
  • Like 10

+1

Allow resizing a deed any way would be good.

The mechanics for these buildings is completely irrelevant on freedom anyway, there just bling and should be treated as such.

• Like 1

I put so much energy in this, to make this happen. "Wont happen, deal with it" was what they said many times.

One of the reasons me and many friends quit this game.

• Like 1

+1

theyre reworking the valrei and mission stuff soon, wont they? seems reasonable to have a look at this.

Hell make it so you can deed over them too. I dont really see why there needs to be any limitations around these. Maybe also an option to destroy them as currently there is no work around.

+1, I would say allow a gm to move them though since some of them are required for missions and I could see the new meta being deeding them to keep them to your self but I 100% support them being moved from existing deeds or places that cant be expanded because of it or some other solution that does not allow these to stay hidden on deeds.

+1

should be moved by GM's, resizable-through?, and destructible.

I had a bad experience with a Battlecamp once, where rolf decided to place one on DSC and leave us to deal with it for a year and a half making it so we couldnt even resize our deed to cover what it was planned for.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

+1 to this.

I am in a similar situation on my deed. Epic structure built by previous owner who would get rid of it for me if they could. All I want to do is expand out to sea a few tiles to make a decent dock area and maybe reduce my deed size in another direction but I can do neither whilst the structure is still there.

On epic we built one near our deed. later we wanted to expand and couldn't. Tried many times to get a gm to move it (see Lorenas post) with no success.  Eventually we just let the deed disband and all quit.

So yea +1

• Like 1

giving this a bump because I'd really like to resize my deed

• Like 1

I recall lorenamontana discussing this issue with me in PM, and with the Valrei overhaul on the horizon I've again raised this with the dev team to look at including

• Like 4

I think a system like colossi could be nice (EDIT: do I remember correctly those work this way now?) - so the deed mayor could move / turn the mission structures. It is quite inconsistent now it seems. I have a spirit gate on deed which I can push/pull along with any of my alts but only the toon which finished it (not even member of said deed) can turn it around.

Edited by Jaz

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, Lisabet said:

TLDR: Please allow resizing a deed smaller that would normally be blocked by an epic building making the area "holy"

You ask for too little. On the PvE servers these objects should be prevented from having any effect whatsoever on deed *Resizing*. Seems more of a bug that they would and thus needing squishing.

=Ayes=

I'd rather ask for resizing and get it possibly than ask for the moon and be totally denied :P