8 hours ago, Keenan said:

Wurm your decision regarding the difficulty of applying paving to cave floor is a too difficult. I know I'll be attempting to mod it in WU so it works like it does on the surface.

10 hours ago, Keenan said:

It's more that I am returning the respect given, Joe. I can be very professional, but I expect the same from you. Is that too much to ask?

Edit

I get this a lot when I push back.

The corporate mentality of "customer service reps should deal with me and still be nice" applies to much of the gaming genre. You can be as nasty as you want to developers and staff members on some other games, but that's mostly because they don't ever read what you post.

Here, we read quite a bit. We may not always agree and we may not always have a reply to post, but we usually read it in some form. Let it be through browsing the forums or by Retrograde's weekly email bumps of community issues and commentary. Not only do we read it, but there's an IRC server where several of us are able to actually talk with you one-on-one.

You don't get that everywhere, but you do here.

I'm not obligated to be so available. Nothing in my contract says I need to leave my forum PMs open or my IRC PMs open. I do it because I want to know what's going on and I want to hear feedback. People who come to me may not always like my answer, and undoubtedly I may send you to Retrograde or Budda if I feel it's not something I alone can answer, but I do try. Especially with Wurm Unlimited, as that's pretty much my domain at this point.

So yes, Joe. I pushed back a little on you. I apologize if that offended you, but I did the same earlier with someone else as well. It may seem like people are justified to hang us when mistakes are made or you disagree, but you may find that we react much better when we are treated like people and with a little bit of respect. After all, we all want the same ultimate goal.

No, not really.. That IS actually professionalism. A good customer service representative doesn't let himself to drag into a flamewar. The goal is actually to deescalate the situation and when when they are not able to do that, they won't throw more fuel into the fire. It is not "corporate mentality", it is common sense. Everything you say with the official tag next to your name, builds your company's public image. And let's just say, when you got developers on forums trolling with customers(even when the customers may deserve it).. it doesn't build very professional image about the company as whole. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joedobo said:

Wurm your decision regarding the difficulty of applying paving to cave floor is a too difficult. I know I'll be attempting to mod it in WU so it works like it does on the surface.

That system would make reinforcement irrelevant as well, this system is pretty much the same (requiring mortar to "pack" the ground, we just require reinforced floor as the base, rather than bare rock.

It's the same way walls are handled, reinforced is the base, and the decoration goes on after.

41 minutes ago, rixk said:

No, not really.. That IS actually professionalism. A good customer service representative doesn't let himself to drag into a flamewar. The goal is actually to deescalate the situation and when when they are not able to do that, they won't throw more fuel into the fire. It is not "corporate mentality", it is common sense. Everything you say with the official tag next to your name, builds your company's public image. And let's just say, when you got developers on forums trolling with customers(even when the customers may deserve it).. it doesn't build very professional image about the company as whole. :)

You're mistaking a lot of things, and ultimately coming to the wrong conclusion. Commenting on someones attitude is not "trolling" or "flaming" it's pointing out that there's plenty of ways to say the same thing, and that when dealing with things you might not agree upon it's worth taking the time to ensure what you say is still courteous.

• Like 7

People who can dish it but can't take it ITT

• Like 3

6 hours ago, joedobo said:

The more difficult time consuming additions to the game I just skip in WO and go to WU to accomplish them. Not much point in commenting about the concept of applying time spent equals accomplishment in WO, as it is ingrained in the minds of those in control. Just got to make the best of what is available according to one's own judgment and not waste time on the rest. WU awaits for the best of the rest, modded by others such as yourself.

=Ayes=

44 minutes ago, Ayes said:

The more difficult time consuming additions to the game I just skip in WO and go to WU to accomplish them. Not much point in commenting about the concept of applying time spent equals accomplishment in WO, as it is ingrained in the minds of those in control. Just got to make the best of what is available according to one's own judgment and not waste time on the rest. WU awaits for the best of the rest, modded by others such as yourself.

=Ayes=

I'd appreciate a better review once you've taken advantage of the test server and seen for yourself. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keenan said:

I'd appreciate a better review once you've taken advantage of the test server and seen for yourself. :)

I thank you for your kind invitation; however, I will stick with my current way of waiting to try out the more seemingly time intensive features once they hit WU. Until then I must make uninformed comments based upon the general more time equals value WO theory. Otherwise what is the fun in remaining silent. Unless it is Christmas of course, when it fills in the nights very well.

Happy Trails

=Ayes= 

Seriously, keep up the awesome content adds, bug fixes, and amazing stuff you all do to make this place more fun.  Best sandbox ever!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That system would make reinforcement irrelevant as well, this system is pretty much the same (requiring mortar to "pack" the ground, we just require reinforced floor as the base, rather than bare rock.

It's the same way walls are handled, reinforced is the base, and the decoration goes on after.

You're mistaking a lot of things, and ultimately coming to the wrong conclusion. Commenting on someones attitude is not "trolling" or "flaming" it's pointing out that there's plenty of ways to say the same thing, and that when dealing with things you might not agree upon it's worth taking the time to ensure what you say is still courteous.

Of course I misunderstood everything.. and this is the new standard in public relations. Keep it coming. :D

On ‎12‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 9:17 PM, Keenan said:

Sorry we can't all be amazing designers like you, Joe!

I'm rather pleased with what we've arrived at.

You just gotta be a Negative Nancy though, it's kind of endearing and adorable. :)

Uber happy for the mirrors! I'm kind of wondering about the price, but I guess you all are still deciding. 

On 12/05/2017 at 5:47 PM, Retrograde said:

With next update Tile borders will be visible in caves. This means you can tell the slopes underground! We're also planning the ability to build fences underground on deed only, to avoid potential issues. 

This will also make planting lamps so much nicer - no more pushing and pulling to get them lined up.

Had spotted planting catseyes in the nearest corner of reinforced cave tiles - was going to suggest something like this for lamp, and other items. But this is so much better.

Edited by Wulfmaer

A lot of people that complain have probably never worked customer service before.  I've done way too much of it.  Been a waiter before so I always tip a lot more than others.  I've worked behind the counter, so I understand what it's like to have people argue with me for the dumbest things because they think since I'm at a "job" that I have given up my right to be a "human being" so they think they have the right to complain and start issues with me when all I'm trying to do is my job.  Like yelling at me is going to make me yell at the manager and then what......?

People forget the golden rule in life.  "Do on to others as you would like for them to do on to you."   Applies to any and everyone.

Common respect used to be a common thing, like common sense.  But now it's not too common anymore in this new era.

Edit:  We are all Wurmians together, but from different parts of planet Earth.  Treat each other like you would within your own community. :)  Wurm is more than a game.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 8

those underground decorations are sexy looking! Good job art team!

Also fantastic job on figuring out the affinity dilemma with the toggle.

I knew that it would mess up affinities again but was hoping it had to be done anyway, but you figured a way to make everyone happy.

:):):)

Edited by DoctorAngus
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 5:52 PM, nicedreams said:

Common respect used to be a common thing, like common sense.  But now it's not too common anymore in this new era.

I agree with the bulk of your post, but, this one line...

Spoiler

the+world+was+always+awful.jpg

Edited by Matholameu
There's a ton of salt floating around Wurm I've noticed. So to clarify, this is a joke(with some truth behind it).