41 minutes ago, joedobo said:

lol, always got to go more and more extreme, hu, Wurm? imo, paving just like on the surface would have been fine. (I'll try to mod WU to work like that too)

Sorry we can't all be amazing designers like you, Joe!

I'm rather pleased with what we've arrived at.

You just gotta be a Negative Nancy though, it's kind of endearing and adorable. :)

• Like 6

time to test out the new cooking system. :) see if i can figure out the new math

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, icbash said:

time to test out the new cooking system. :) see if i can figure out the new math

Or be a cool kid and wait for it to hit WU! Then you can go all Matrix-like and stick your head in the code. :ph34r:

• Like 4

nah we did the cooking tool befor WU code was out. im rather proud of the fact we figured it out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The way walls are built now has been changed too, reinforced walls are now built upon with a trowel and materials for the wall type.

Since I read this wrong too (and was very confused indeed), this reads poorly. Reinforcing walls has not changed. You will need to reinforce the wall, and then build upon that for the new wall types.

• Like 5

Most exciting news, fences and tile borders!

What is those partial/half texture walls all about?

Looks very cool

Edited by JakeRivers

Edited and hopefully made the description of the reinforced walls a bit better

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Edited and hopefully made the description of the reinforced walls a bit better

I gave it a read-through and got it perfectly this time. I certify your news idiot-proof. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Most exciting news, fences and tile borders!

What is those partial/half texture walls all about?

Looks very cool

They're mostly there for me, for when I start something in-game and then don't get back to it for a few months later. 

(they're the unfinished texture)

• Like 2

Now we just need the ability to pave a rock-like texture outside!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Keenan said:

They're mostly there for me, for when I start something in-game and then don't get back to it for a few months later. 

(they're the unfinished texture)

Can we swap the sides of the unfinished texture? :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

To support the cause of reimbursing those who lost to Niru I offer a one time free imp to 80ql on the following items (only mail cost applies):

iron/steel tools / weapons / shields / chainsmithing / platesmithing items

carpentry / shipbuilding items

masonry / stonecutting items

Offer valid for the aucton winner of the actual item and unfortunately Freedom only.

Very generous, thank you :)

2 hours ago, Keenan said:

Sorry we can't all be amazing designers like you, Joe!

I'm rather pleased with what we've arrived at.

You just gotta be a Negative Nancy though, it's kind of endearing and adorable. :)

I'm not amazing by any means btw, I just different opinions. It's interesting how you, a professional representative of Wurm, think its okay to make fun of community folks. Making fun of someone who essentially has a different opinion on what good game design is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, joedobo said:

I'm not amazing by any means btw, I just different opinions. It's interesting how you, a professional representative of Wurm, think its okay to make fun of community folks. Making fun of someone who essentially has a different opinion on what good game design is.

It's more that I am returning the respect given, Joe. I can be very professional, but I expect the same from you. Is that too much to ask?

Edit

I get this a lot when I push back.

The corporate mentality of "customer service reps should deal with me and still be nice" applies to much of the gaming genre. You can be as nasty as you want to developers and staff members on some other games, but that's mostly because they don't ever read what you post.

Here, we read quite a bit. We may not always agree and we may not always have a reply to post, but we usually read it in some form. Let it be through browsing the forums or by Retrograde's weekly email bumps of community issues and commentary. Not only do we read it, but there's an IRC server where several of us are able to actually talk with you one-on-one.

You don't get that everywhere, but you do here.

I'm not obligated to be so available. Nothing in my contract says I need to leave my forum PMs open or my IRC PMs open. I do it because I want to know what's going on and I want to hear feedback. People who come to me may not always like my answer, and undoubtedly I may send you to Retrograde or Budda if I feel it's not something I alone can answer, but I do try. Especially with Wurm Unlimited, as that's pretty much my domain at this point.

So yes, Joe. I pushed back a little on you. I apologize if that offended you, but I did the same earlier with someone else as well. It may seem like people are justified to hang us when mistakes are made or you disagree, but you may find that we react much better when we are treated like people and with a little bit of respect. After all, we all want the same ultimate goal.

• Like 20

Could we make it so that underground animals don't count towards the animal ratio of a deed? I'd love to have some cave pens with extra animals :)

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

It's more that I am returning the respect given, Joe. I can be very professional, but I expect the same from you. Is that too much to ask?

Edit

I get this a lot when I push back.

The corporate mentality of "customer service reps should deal with me and still be nice" applies to much of the gaming genre. You can be as nasty as you want to developers and staff members on some other games, but that's mostly because they don't ever read what you post.

Here, we read quite a bit. We may not always agree and we may not always have a reply to post, but we usually read it in some form. Let it be through browsing the forums or by Retrograde's weekly email bumps of community issues and commentary. Not only do we read it, but there's an IRC server where several of us are able to actually talk with you one-on-one.

You don't get that everywhere, but you do here.

I'm not obligated to be so available. Nothing in my contract says I need to leave my forum PMs open or my IRC PMs open. I do it because I want to know what's going on and I want to hear feedback. People who come to me may not always like my answer, and undoubtedly I may send you to Retrograde or Budda if I feel it's not something I alone can answer, but I do try. Especially with Wurm Unlimited, as that's pretty much my domain at this point.

So yes, Joe. I pushed back a little on you. I apologize if that offended you, but I did the same earlier with someone else as well. It may seem like people are justified to hang us when mistakes are made or you disagree, but you may find that we react much better when we are treated like people and with a little bit of respect. After all, we all want the same ultimate goal.

This is very true. But to be fair, I dont think Keenan's reply was nasty at all.

• Like 2

*Takes a look for priest content*

*Finds none, gives mandatory applause for new crafter content*

*Notices community auction and thinks "Yeh ok, it's pretty epic when GMs work to raise money to help folks in need, probably going to take part in that"*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joedobo said:

I don't see anything wrong with what you initially said. Looked more sarcastic than anything.

On a more positive note. Great to see the advancements being made in the game.

Edited by Rudie

16 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

*Takes a look for priest content*

*Finds none, gives mandatory applause for new crafter content*

That's because by "priest content" you mean things that only priests can do.  You need to look at all the new things priests can do (sure crafters can do it too):

1.  Spend hours and hours chipping the new sandstone/slate bricks, and marble bricks for new house walls.

2.  Make mortar to help build said walls.

3.  Carving shafts, chopping down trees and mining iron to make support beams for new underground decoration.

Previous recent updates that primarily affect priests:

Your long desired Nahjo nerf.

All priests being able to sacrifice chopped veggies.

The increased feasibility of cordage rope creation for favor.

10% increased channeling skill for non-lazy cooks.

I fail to see how priests are being neglected.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

That's because by "priest content" you mean things that only priests can do.  You need to look at all the new things priests can do (sure crafters can do it too):

1.  Spend hours and hours chipping the new sandstone/slate bricks, and marble bricks for new house walls.

2.  Make mortar to help build said walls.

3.  Carving shafts, chopping down trees and mining iron to make support beams for new underground decoration.

Previous recent updates that primarily affect priests:

Your long desired Nahjo nerf.

All priests being able to sacrifice chopped veggies.

The increased feasibility of cordage rope creation for favor.

I fail to see how priests are being neglected.

thats not content, thats more of the same. You aren't experiencing anything you haven't experienced before.

And the second half is balance changes.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

now we just need basements, and stairs leading into the cave or a ramp from inside a house

edit - wanted to explain this better. Made into a thread!

Edited by Niki
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

thats not content, thats more of the same. You aren't experiencing anything you haven't experienced before.

And the second half is balance changes.

I could say the same for the introduction of a new spell.  Activate statuette, click a spell name, wait 10 seconds for a blue bar to reach 100%.... seems just like existing spells to me.

On a completely different tangent, I'd also like to say +1 Retro.... this weeks news is 5 star material.

Amazing weekly edition as usual. Youre spoiling us with goodies and new improvements, and i love it.

Just remember that some spoiled people get greedy. Some.

On the affinity note though; what happens to the affinities collected from rare+ cooker earlier? Disappear?

I am anyway glad you managed to solve it. Didnt matter to me how, i just wanted my affinities. :)

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Don't forget the non-lazy bugged ones, like me!

I'm looking forward to paving some underground roadways to brighten them up a bit!