Sign in to follow this  
Budda

CaveResourceFix - Fix your cave maps that have resource counts set to ~50 for non-vein tiles

True but they also didn't provide a native map generator tool. Let's be honest "tools" isn't something that got much thought for the community at all. It was kinda here's the game have fun. The server launcher GUI was about it. So while I can't argue with bdew's statement, I understand Sklo's frustration because I'm there too right now. If you are going to "sell" a product but a bit of thought into how people can use the product and support that product or don't sell it and release it freely.

Anyhow don't want to derail this thread but at this point I've let our community know they are just going to have to open support tickets when they find sandstone so we can manually adjust it. I simply can not use this fix in good conscience with so many other things getting changed. It would be simply not good in the long run and I plan for my servers to be around for the long haul so its the only option I can see right now.

All veins and rocks were breaking on my generated map after 51-52 hits. Not just the sandstone

I loaded in the clean Creative DB resource.map file and it set everything (even rock tiles) to the max count.

I am not sure what happened to the resource.map file. Anyone know how to fix this? 

I'm glad I found this thread.  I just fired up my server after 8 months or so of down time and noticed the small sandstone veins.  I don't mine ada and glimmer veins being full sized, so this fix should do the trick.  I know it isn't ideal, but I'm with Bdew on the support.  We bought a game, customize the heck out of it and can't expect the manufacturer to provide full warranty anymore.  Grateful for what we get and all the awesome community assistance too.

On 17.9.2017 at 8:16 AM, Wurmhole said:

I'm glad I found this thread.  I just fired up my server after 8 months or so of down time and noticed the small sandstone veins.  I don't mine ada and glimmer veins being full sized, so this fix should do the trick.  I know it isn't ideal, but I'm with Bdew on the support.  We bought a game, customize the heck out of it and can't expect the manufacturer to provide full warranty anymore.  Grateful for what we get and all the awesome community assistance too.

As we have been discussing here previously there is a big closing all mines and mine doors when you run this.

To avoid this bug:

Backup all your map data

Run the program over your map

Copy the backuped cave map back to the original directory.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

We have a custom mod that fixes all sandstone veins on our server. We did not want to have huge amounts in the sandstone veins since they are plentiful around, so our mod gave all sandstone veins a random amount of actions in each ranging from 100 - 500. Works well. It only alters Sandstone veins, nothing more.

Valiance and Kaylie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wulfrock said:

We have a custom mod that fixes all sandstone veins on our server. We did not want to have huge amounts in the sandstone veins since they are plentiful around, so our mod gave all sandstone veins a random amount of actions in each ranging from 100 - 500. Works well. It only alters Sandstone veins, nothing more.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Just made a suggestion for a mod that allows this to be done for all vein types.  Great idea!

8 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

As we have been discussing here previously there is a big closing all mines and mine doors when you run this.

To avoid this bug:

Backup all your map data

Run the program over your map

Copy the backuped cave map back to the original directory.

Thank you again Sklo!!  Your fixes are incredibly helpful.

On 5/23/2017 at 5:14 PM, Governor said:

I have also found that glimmer/addy veins now have the ability to spawn with more than 50 actions(up to the max you set or the default 10k). I have a vein in my mine with over 8k actions. Any fix for this?

It does not effect rock tiles

I was actually looking forward to this, but my glimmer vein poofed in 50 actions.  When I had inspected it as a GM, it said there were over 5k actions in it.  I'm thinking this fix doesn't actually increase moon metal veins.  My sandstone is working just fine.  Took 100 out of a vein and they were all breaking at around 50 before

atm i just ask players if they found a sandstone vein and i fill it up to 10k

its a little bit complicated for me with this mod :/

Eject

Can anyone confirm this is still working at all?

Spoiler

C:\Pingperfect\Users\meganb\228169>Java -jar C:\Pingperfect\Users\meganb\228169\caveresourcefix.jar \Pingperfect Apr 01, 2020 6:24:28 PM com.wurmonline.mesh.MeshIO open INFO: \Pingperfect\top_layer.map size is 1024 java.io.IOException: Bad magic number! This is not a valid map file. at com.wurmonline.mesh.MeshIO.readHeader(MeshIO.java:129) at com.wurmonline.mesh.MeshIO.<init>(MeshIO.java:99) at com.wurmonline.mesh.MeshIO.open(MeshIO.java:227) at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.<init>(MapData.java:37) at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.WurmAPI.<init>(WurmAPI.java:39) at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.WurmAPI.open(WurmAPI.java:17) at net.buddat.wgenerator.caveresourcefix.CaveResourceFix.main(CaveResourceFix.java:26) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58) The script has executed successfully. You may close this window.

Made a github repo that has the source code along with the original jar posted by BuddaT, and also one compiled by me. I have made no changes to the code. Be sure to back up before running the jar, and read this thread for more info.