Sign in to follow this  
Bonsai

Wurm Cosmetic Cash Shop

Cosmetic Cash Shop  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a cosmetic cash shop?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should the items be available by other means?

• Yes
    • No
    • I voted 'No' in Question 1

10 hours ago, nicedreams said:

You can currently for the past few years buy a mirror from a trader to change your looks.  Used to be able to put the noob mirror in a bag and trade it, but not anymore.  Now buy mirror from trader for 5s I think to change your look.

not sure what you are talking about but there has never been a mirror on traders and there certainly isn't one now still?

• Like 4

"cosmetic cash shop"

" these new cash shop items are going to be superior to anything we can craft in-game. "

Superior to what? they are COSMETIC. The garments we craft ingame is a form of armor. The items they are selling is non functional cosmetic items. They are also selling gender swapping mirrors with makeover. The day they start selling horses, moonmetal armor(or any armor really). newbie starting kits with a bunch of enchanted tools, xp boosters, etc., THEN there might be an issue. Until then, someone having pretty clothes or changing their gender or character look is not going to break the game and only put in more revenue for this game.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dazama said:
Spoiler

"cosmetic cash shop"

" these new cash shop items are going to be superior to anything we can craft in-game. "

Superior to what? they are COSMETIC. The garments we craft ingame is a form of armor. The items they are selling is non functional cosmetic items. They are also selling gender swapping mirrors with makeover. The day they start selling horses, moonmetal armor(or any armor really). newbie starting kits with a bunch of enchanted tools, xp boosters, etc., THEN there might be an issue. Until then, someone having pretty clothes or changing their gender or character look is not going to break the game and only put in more revenue for this game.

In fairness...

tumblr_n6o11lWSmv1r3080to1_500.jpgMust be rich, I would like to do business with them.

Vikings-300x172.pngYou've come for my deed?  Yup, all yours.  I'll just be taking my head with me if you don't mind too much.

7DKJZ.jpgYup, when you add 1 + 1, you do get 2.  I know, right?

The power of cosmetics :lol:

• Like 3

How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered.

• Like 2

So I had this great idea for the cash shop.. a chicken hat and a sheep hat! We already have a cow hat ingame from the troll king unique. Please make it cute like the cow hat also if added, something to consider.

ProdDetail_Retina_15273.jpg

It would be cluck-tastic.

• Like 1

It's a good idea.. with the alcoholics in wurm.. that could even be animated.. and show when somebody have been drinking a bit.. more than a cup straw or 2..

;)

I was thinking before, I would love to have some wurm swag like a poster or hell hound, troll etc. figurine for my desk. I would love a wurm online web store for non-virtual swag like these, t-shirts, etc. This could also be an avenue for advertising. 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2017 at 10:29 PM, Noiattaq said:

I was thinking before, I would love to have some wurm swag like a poster or hell hound, troll etc. figurine for my desk. I would love a wurm online web store for non-virtual swag like these, t-shirts, etc. This could also be an avenue for advertising. 

There were those statuetes-thingies made by @krinos78, idk if he still makes them or has any left but see here for more details:

In unrelated news i'd totally buy a hellhorse plushie :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdew said:

In unrelated news i'd totally buy a hellhorse plushie :P

It would be nice if they sold physical stuff also, i'd totally buy a hell horse plushie also.

Edited by Niki

Changing how you look isnt anything that will affect in game play.... we're not buying swords and shields specially fitted from codeclub, i cant see any negative side to this (i despise pay to win games, this shop gives no adantage, its just cosmetic)

• Like 2

Right.. explain to your friend how you had sex change for a prank..

hilarious..:huh:

Joke aside... I don't think it's that bad if CC sells HQ or 'chanted gear, not all.. maybe only a few items at slightly higher to 2x the current market price, tricky part is.. what and for how much..:unsure:

• Like 1

On 5/22/2017 at 9:02 AM, Niki said:

It would be nice if they sold physical stuff also, i'd totally buy a hell horse plushie also.

I want a hellhound plushie, as well! And a Wurm shirt (black, and not just giant man sizes, pls). 

• Like 1

I love the idea of a cash shop in wurm, It thrills me to see what they will be adding, celebration items would be nice, like champagne and yellow potions even sleeping powder I wouldn't have an issue with.

In another note, everybody seems to buy and sell silver for 1 euro.. while the official website has them more expensive.. and this is motivating people to just buy from other players.. and only paypal is making money this way. I wouldn't be too upset if they started to sell silver for 1 euro since it would eliminate the risk of paying a random person. Although in all honesty if they start selling them for 1 euro, silver sellers will just undercut that too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legios said:

I love the idea of a cash shop in wurm, It thrills me to see what they will be adding, celebration items would be nice, like champagne and yellow potions even sleeping powder I wouldn't have an issue with.

In another note, everybody seems to buy and sell silver for 1 euro.. while the official website has them more expensive.. and this is motivating people to just buy from other players.. and only paypal is making money this way. I wouldn't be too upset if they started to sell silver for 1 euro since it would eliminate the risk of paying a random person. Although in all honesty if they start selling them for 1 euro, silver sellers will just undercut that too. 

They might, and it might drive some people out of business and out of the game: Those who play Wurm only as a revenue stream.

But to be honest, I dont think many would cry over those.

• Like 1

Nude mods? Okay okay... Poor animals being forced to wear pants.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Klaa said:

Nude mods? Okay okay... Poor animals being forced to wear pants.

Stop looking at the sheep that way!

• Like 2

On 6/2/2017 at 9:58 AM, Angelklaine said:

Stop looking at the sheep that way!

Sound effect mods!

Also the cow from the same source.

• Like 1

Something I'd also be looking forward to is some type of "Token" that we can buy with real money to randomize our personal goals. I know a lot of people have some stupid ones.. like the pvp ones. I'm not building no caravel anytime soon, but it's better than becoming a shadowmage or any other thing lol.

• Like 2