Sign in to follow this  
Bonsai

Wurm Cosmetic Cash Shop

Cosmetic Cash Shop  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a cosmetic cash shop?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should the items be available by other means?

• Yes
    • No
    • I voted 'No' in Question 1

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

Some specific items available *only* from the Wurm Shop would be a great way for the game to generate more income that could not be avoided by the silver earners/traders/creators in-game. This means of course that they could not be purchased from Traders in-game. Players pay cash directly to the WShop and get these exclusive items.

Such as: As for a Wurm Shop ***only*** item, I would like to see a weapon slot equipped item that would make the user immune to all hostile mob aggression/attacks. Equipped to this slot it would also make the user unable to attack anything as well, or assist others with healing effects. Then just put a 5 minute timer on it for equip on/off. Like the Fo priest immunity only works against all hostile mobs. Well worth a RL cash price to walk these lands in peace, I would say.

All these type items would be bound to the game Character as well so as not to be sold off as players cash out, other than as a additional bonus to that Character. Won't pay the price, don't get the items. Simple really. Great idea! Thanks for mentioning it.

=Ayes=

This would render someone completely invulnerable while travelling. This is game breaking and easily exploitable. Got to go to a Rift quickly? Equip your wand of immunity and be there in a jiffy. Have a group of people on Chaos chasing you? Equip it and all you have to worry about is others catching up to you.

No, this is a terrible idea. Its completely the opposite to what a "Cosmetic Only" Item means. Something that makes you completely invulnerable to hostile mobs is something that should never be implemented. The potential for exploitation is too great.

• Like 3

I would rather see a full line of craftable cosmetic items.... why should we pay more then we already do to get things?

We be able to buy capes? :P

That empty slot bugs me.  lol

Surprised we haven't been able to make capes with tailoring.  Maybe have basic capes for tailoring and then the cash shop can have capes with emblems on them.

• Like 1

An idea for the cash shop that I think a lot of people would spend money on if allowing freedom alliances to brand themselves like how Chaos PMK's can.  Been mentioned a few times on forums.

So freedom alliances can have their own designs for tabards.

Then make the "alliance wagon" or "alliance tent" a new craftable item and it changes based on the alliance they are part of.  That makes it impossible to sell because the wagon will change its design to the other persons alliance if they are part of a different one.  Pretty much same idea as a tabard.  It changes based on your alliance no matter what.  I like this idea, because it prevents people creating Freedom PMK's just to sell graphics in-game which I think that's mostly what people would do.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NeeNee said:

I'll be glad for cash shop items as long as it's limited to trader items or cosmetic stuff that cannot be made in game (no clothes, no weapons, etc). Personally I would love a pet with NO benefits-not killable, doesn't fight, doesn't act as a listener for sermons, etc. Just a kitty or dog or whatever that can follow you around. I know that's corny, but they're fun. 

This.

I want a dragon mount..

MNeE7.jpg

edit, it would look like a dragon but act like a horse or something.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

Golden mirors? Nice but...

There are no silver mirrors on traders, cant trade silver mirrors inbetween chars, in short there is no way to change the stupid look I made when I first started the game. First fix this please

Edited by Lucyein
  • Like 1

i hate making mortar so much that i'd buy it on the shop vs waiting days for a player to sail it to me or me spending hrs and hrs making the basic items.  i'm lazy now , just like building and crafting, the mats i wish came faster or more bulk version. like machines that can be placed in a home that you just add i forget the math 20 sand and 80 clay,  put in lets say 20 coal or tar or oil,  ei. fuel, and turn on , it makes 80 mortar in 2 min . 

tale in the desert had functions like that.   still love WO, but miss the speed of WU, but WU to low in pop, so i prefer WO again lol

Perhaps instead of putting new items in the cash shop, we can have them available through traders? Just like we have had so far with amulets, orbs, etc.

The idea is to increase revenue, not create more silver sinks though.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mordraug said:

"Wurm is about the CRAFTING!" .... eeeeh yes, but people seem to forget the real reason most people stick around:

TO CREATE REALLY PRETTY AND IMPRESSIVE STUFF TO SHOW OFF, AND SHOW IT OFF A LOT.

sorry man but, I try really hard not to show off. 
barely anyone has seen my deed. Just a bunch of deli locals and whoever browses the twitter feed. 
I still haven't got around to making a video.
But that's fine, there's no rush, im here for as long as i have a heart beat. 
i just wanted to mention that not all of us are egomaniacs.. That many of us build really pretty and impressive stuff, just to feel happy and proud when we walk about it in it.
Minimal bling, maximum effect. 
This isn't an insult, im just speaking for the rest of the demographic.

Cosmetic shop eh? I hope fancy wagon textures become a part of that. 

• Like 2

I'm all for expanding the current cash shop with cosmetic items :) was actually wondering that they never went that way. 

1 hour ago, Steveleeb said:

sorry man but, I try really hard not to show off. 

I still haven't got around to making a video.

i just wanted to mention that not all of us are egomaniacs.. 

Embrace the ego!!!!! There's no shame in it! ^_^

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucyein said:

There are no silver mirrors on traders, cant trade silver mirrors inbetween chars, in short there is no way to change the stupid look I made when I first started the game. First fix this please

but... that's how your character was 'born':(, y u no like it.

19 hours ago, Mordraug said:

"Wurm is about the CRAFTING!" .... eeeeh yes, but people seem to forget the real reason most people stick around:

TO CREATE REALLY PRETTY AND IMPRESSIVE STUFF TO SHOW OFF, AND SHOW IT OFF A LOT.

I have no idea what you're talking about... only skilled up masonry to imp a forge.:huh: ,,,I'm serious..:mellow:.:rolleyes::lol:

19 hours ago, Kegan said:

We need a way to transport animals over water that we can not now or maybe a spawn "egg" for them. 

On Sklotopolis we have horse eggs for example.

And it was possible to hitch horses to ships, which bugged the speed of ships in some way, but it will come back fixed at some point allowing you to hitch horses to ships properly again, along with that we will also work on cross server travel for animals.

Personally i don't like RMT in any form.

I've moved on to WU nowadays and don't play WO, but back when i played i'd happily pay 2x or 3x the sub to play without a RMT shop at all.

I'd love to be able to get an upgrade over the rags I'm forced to wear when I take my armor off (aka different "naked" skin.)

• Like 3

I voted Yes and No. I feel that a shop with cosmetics would be great for the game, but there's be no point if you can create these in game, as even if it's hard to make those cosmetics, eventually there will be a ton of them anyway. At that point there's no reason to buy them.

What I do feel is important here is that if these cosmetics are items which you can wear (armor, weapons), or are crafting tools, then they should be skins which you apply to in game items, not entire items on their own. This way they are an extra step in the crafting process, and you still need to craft an item to which you can then apply the skin. Thus it doesn't bypass the crafting process, making it purely cosmetic.

• Like 1

I don't care I want alligator skinned cowboys boots. with steel toes so they can be real ###### kickers

" We need Knife skins.. ", heard they are real hit in CS :huh:

I'm still waiting for Space Balls the Flame Thrower.

I see no problem with Wurm (Cash) Shop cosmetic items that can't be created by others in-game. That's the whole point of them. There should be a few items available like that which players can't make any money off of themselves but rather generate game income that is unavoidable to circumvent.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

On 5/10/2017 at 5:07 PM, Maximillian said:

I would rather see a full line of craftable cosmetic items.... why should we pay more then we already do to get things?

With so many people profiting off the game, CC wanted to make some profit too for a change? ^_^

On 5/10/2017 at 6:44 PM, Lucyein said:

You can currently for the past few years buy a mirror from a trader to change your looks.  Used to be able to put the noob mirror in a bag and trade it, but not anymore.  Now buy mirror from trader for 5s I think to change your look.