Sign in to follow this  
Orias

Oh how time flies.

So for those of you who know me, I'm back for a bit!

That was the first thing, secondly since I'm always in and out of Wurm it seems, I get these nice nostalgia experiences and even some "feels"

What I mean is that, quite a few years ago I had a spot below Mookton (Now Wyldemore I think) and I had a little area all to myself then established people and new players alike started moving in around me as friends and such and a little community developed. Well I rediscovered the exact spot... Terraforming and all is still there. Well by all I mean the little mine, my friend who bought "Darkmalice"'s guard tower and the paving.

Oq9T1LU.jpg

2ygGg6P.jpg

See, a fun fact about this exact spot... It was the place I started my wurm experience forever ago... Like greater than 6 years or so. It kinda holds a good bit of meaning to me. There was a guy, I can't remember his name exactly, I want to say it was Rustayne, or maybe I recall this exact name because they were someone else around there... Anyways... This man was a cool guy, who owned a little place called "Shadow..." something or other I can't pull it all out exactly... I started my leveling he let me build near his little settlement, then after a while he wasn't on as much... Well as a friend I found out he was having some rl issues and was going to have to quite for a while. Well that was some time ago now and I haven't seen him since... 

Well after he left I was rather bummed and took a break, when I came back someone new owned the land etc. And I'll not lie I popped in and out a few times for brief periods and revisited with old friends and made new ones. 

But this spot, this exact area here is what started it all for me... Idk where my friend is from my first experiences in Wurm went to, but I wish you the best man.

• Like 4

Welcome back, even if it's for short!

• Like 1

I think a lot of people can relate to this or even have a similar experience.

When I first started, I owned a little 'compound' as I called it, right between what is now Freedom Market and Three Bears, somewhere around 2009-2010. (yeah, I didn't venture too far to start my first place...but hey, the public mine was handy!)

Always sad to see people disappear and never return...I've had a handful of 'close friends' (by internet standards anyway) disappear over the years in various games including Wurm.

I've probably done it to people as well without even realizing.

I hope you can meet some new people and be reunited with old ones too... Welcome back :)

I think I'll go and visit my old spot and see what it's like now...it's been a few years since I last stopped by.

Edited by Bonsai
  • Like 1

I went that far with nostalgia that planted a deed in the area where I started my Wurm life on Inde. Not the exact same spot as it was a non-practical one but what else would I expect from a day0 noob? :) 

• Like 3

Ya, it's always nice if not a little sad at times thinking about stuff like this. especially since everything is still laid out exactly as it was. Even followed the path back with these two brother that settled nearby back then had all their stuff and it's the same. I also went down a little ways and found "Vallonguard" as it's now called. It's an area that traded hands a bit, When I last saw it my friend had left and passed it to me to tend to if I wanted it, then I ended up having to pass it over to Martynas. Not sure who owns it now. even saw the old mine spot I helped dig up.

Memories hit ya right in the feels.

• Like 1

I would agree Orias that this is the beauty of Wurm. The way it lasts through the years, holding close the memories you have had of its passing moments. The environment reflects that all back when strolling the lands in solitude. Even more so I find this tranquility at times when wandering aimlessly my deed on Deliverance, that I had placed there since the server started. Although I did start on Independence, Deliverance has always held my heart as my true Wurm *home*. Friends may come and go but these lands remain in their staunch defense of those olden days that one can then still embrace.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=