Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Wurm Roadmap May 2017

You should try cheese making in wurm with all this.. (it helps me relax)

On 5/11/2017 at 4:23 PM, Lisabet said:

I keep reading the complaints of pvpers here and other parts of the forums and most of the time I have to facepalm.  It's assumed that you cannot join in on pvp unless you're a 'diehard' or 'wallet warrior' which is completely not true.  Does that make it easier? Maybe...but honestly anyone can compete if they want to pvp, they just can't jump in and assume they can kill the strongest accounts immediately.

If you look at my Niarja uploads, you can see that I went to chaos in July/August 2015; I was a complete pvp newb, I've actually refused to pvp in any other game but wurm because I hate the mentality pvp brings. I went to chaos to learn the pvp mechanics and become a better CA, and stayed because it was fun when I let it be.  My skills were entirely freedomer, the only weapon skill I really had was two handed sword at the time.  Check out shields, longsword, etc and you can see I'm telling the truth.  

Did I die in chaos? Sure! That's how pvp works, in case you hadn't noticed.  Did I die in one on one fights? Nope.  For one, you rarely find those in chaos anyway, and for another, most fighting is done in groups.  MR took me in, taught me to fight and defend and how to work in a team.  And most of all, how to have fun doing it.  Just like any other kingdom could probably say of their players.  The only reason I left was the metagaming had reached a level that was unacceptable to me.

TLDR: If you want to pvp, find a good group, work on your character and HAVE FUN doing it.  And those that whine endlessly, please stop ruining the game for everyone else.

The MR likes brigade has hit this it seems. I'm glad you enjoyed a carefree pvp experience, however I'm referring to players who actually only ever play on pvp servers and visit freedom for giggles, not vice versa.

On 5/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, Gamurin said:

LoL

So in your opinion Chaos is better? Most of your post could be applied to Chaos not Epic. Terminate Chaos and you will see the real PvP live with no loot transfer to safe freedom servers... etc. Epic should remain the only one PvP arena in Wurm. Freedom should stay for ppl who loves PvE and Economy only. Epic for all!

Thanks to the development team. You do a great things guys:)

?

Epic is dead. Chaos actually interacts with the game community and sees large numbers of people. Epic is crap and onto of that it's map is absolutely terrible. Do you think all the epic players formed together to buy accounts and stomp chaos because epic was so great? No. It's because people actually play on chaos. Sorry to all the 5 people from each kingdom who log in on occasion 

Since you refuse to get your head out of your 4th point of contact, I'll stop trying.  If you want to have fun you can have fun, if you want to complain, go ahead and complain.  BTW, "carefree pvp" is a bit of an oxymoron, and I spent 1.5 years on chaos without leaving the server.  If it weren't for players that chose to hack into forums outside the game in the attempt to call themselves winners, I'd still be there.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2017 at 7:45 PM, Greyfox said:

You added bonuses so substantial that its made the new cooking a requirement just to stay on equal footing.   Now this wouldn't be a bad thing(I actually like that part) it's the pain in the ass micro managing required with the new recipes that is the bad part.  So many unneeded actions that just drag things out.   Would it really have been so hard to make a crafting window for cooking(Or simply added them to existing crafting window), container goes in one box, known recipe selected in other box, basic ingredients(Without dicing and mashing and doing a little monkey dance) in inventory and one button to create.    Less skill then doing it the long way ofc and discovering an unknown recipe would require doing it the long way the first time(Or reading a recipe) and this method would make the recipe at it's min weight.

Aside from PvP, where cooking actually has become part of the meta, Wurm is not a competition.  So your sleep bonus use is less efficient that mine, because you'd rather complain about the cooking system than participate; so what?  Who cares if someone gains more skill than someone else?  Yes, fine, you could sell your char for more if you were more efficient levelling it up, but honestly, who plays for the sole purpose of making a saleable character?  You could use the same time to stack shelves in your local megamart and end up with more money for the same time investment.  Once again, if you choose to opt out of the cooking system, and carry on as you always have done before 1.3, you can do that, and have everything work for you just the same as it always has.  If you're really so jealous of all the other kids getting better value out of their stamina and sleep bonus, then come play that part of the game.  Or pay someone else to do it for you (there seem to be enough people around selling ready-made meals).

The cooking system isn't badly implemented, and it's not annoying.  Except to you, apparently.  That suggests the problem isn't with the system.

• Like 4

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎11 at 2:48 AM, Budda said:

It has been talked about internally how we'd go about making this work, but we don't have any solid plans or timeframe for it at the moment sorry.

Ok, thanks. When it gets closer to the time to consider what issues you're working on after the ones mentioned in this roadmap, would you consider adding the animals crossing server borders issue to the next roadmap?

11 hours ago, Wonka said:

Aside from PvP, where cooking actually has become part of the meta, Wurm is not a competition.  So your sleep bonus use is less efficient that mine, because you'd rather complain about the cooking system than participate; so what?  Who cares if someone gains more skill than someone else?  Yes, fine, you could sell your char for more if you were more efficient levelling it up, but honestly, who plays for the sole purpose of making a saleable character?  You could use the same time to stack shelves in your local megamart and end up with more money for the same time investment.  Once again, if you choose to opt out of the cooking system, and carry on as you always have done before 1.3, you can do that, and have everything work for you just the same as it always has.  If you're really so jealous of all the other kids getting better value out of their stamina and sleep bonus, then come play that part of the game.  Or pay someone else to do it for you (there seem to be enough people around selling ready-made meals).

The cooking system isn't badly implemented, and it's not annoying.  Except to you, apparently.  That suggests the problem isn't with the system.

And the brown nosing fanboy award goes to......  

I really only have 2 problems with Wurm, the new Cooking system and Fatigue.   I've given two suggestions of how to make the cooking less tedious, of those ideas, what problem do you actually have with them? 

14 hours ago, Greyfox said:

I really only have 2 problems with Wurm, the new Cooking system and Fatigue.   I've given two suggestions of how to make the cooking less tedious, of those ideas, what problem do you actually have with them? 

The problem I have with your 'suggestion' for fixing cooking is that it's entirely unnecessary, and would serve to distract dev time from fixing something that actually needs fixing into changing an already-working system for the benefit of a tiny number of vocal whiners.  Once again, the cooking system isn't where the problem lies here.

If disliking whiners who are more interested in attacking the people concerned than actually fixing problems makes me a brown nosing fanboy, then so be it.  Do tell us, though, how's your approach working out so far in getting changes?  Fortunately for everyone else, your attitude and character flaws make the changes you demand unlikely at best.

Edited to add: if this has actually all just been a collosal troll, then I salute you - you got me.

Edited by Wonka
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2017 at 5:57 AM, Wonka said:

The problem I have with your 'suggestion' for fixing cooking is that it's entirely unnecessary, and would serve to distract dev time from fixing something that actually needs fixing into changing an already-working system for the benefit of a tiny number of vocal whiners.  Once again, the cooking system isn't where the problem lies here.

If disliking whiners who are more interested in attacking the people concerned than actually fixing problems makes me a brown nosing fanboy, then so be it.  Do tell us, though, how's your approach working out so far in getting changes?  Fortunately for everyone else, your attitude and character flaws make the changes you demand unlikely at best.

Edited to add: if this has actually all just been a collosal troll, then I salute you - you got me.

Collosal Trolls?  Please no... Enki's champion ones already stomped me into the dirt repeatedly!   hehehe

Thank you so much for working also on VR, Budda!

tbh since i got vr at my 376. birthday, from my beloved wife, iam thinking each day about how awesome it will be to play wurm-o. in vr.

Actually iam playing wurm, but with vr, iam IN wurm. :DDD

• Like 2

wow the cash shop is a very good idea to gett some cash from the large number of freeloaders that pay nothing for the game.  Yet want all their idea implemented ectera.  Someplayers spend a good amount of cash every month to maintain the game while others dont.  The cash shop will not effect the game play those that want to play for free still can and be just a strong as those that support the game. I will be nice for those that give up hard earned cash to have things in the game that show they are supporters.  If the cashshop goes well maybe the other costs could be lowered or maybe those that pay to play get points every month to spend in the cash shop or something like that.  The idea is not to make those that pay pay more but rather to get those that dont pay at all to pitch in some.  The devs are doing alot of good work and it takes money every month to keep WURM alive lord nows many of us payed cash to play even back in the beta days as we wanted to make sure the game was finished for all.  Stop wineing and ry and see the bigger picture.

6 hours ago, Trepper said:

wow the cash shop is a very good idea to gett some cash from the large number of freeloaders that pay nothing for the game.  Yet want all their idea implemented ectera.  Someplayers spend a good amount of cash every month to maintain the game while others dont.  The cash shop will not effect the game play those that want to play for free still can and be just a strong as those that support the game. I will be nice for those that give up hard earned cash to have things in the game that show they are supporters.  If the cashshop goes well maybe the other costs could be lowered or maybe those that pay to play get points every month to spend in the cash shop or something like that.  The idea is not to make those that pay pay more but rather to get those that dont pay at all to pitch in some.  The devs are doing alot of good work and it takes money every month to keep WURM alive lord nows many of us payed cash to play even back in the beta days as we wanted to make sure the game was finished for all.  Stop wineing and ry and see the bigger picture.

that was very uncomfortable to read, paragraphs would have been useful. you'll find alot of people skip comments written like that.
ive never understood why people post block-text. 
The  players  that grind and sell to pay their 10s a month for premium, they benefit the economy. which benefits the game, which benefits codeclub. 
I'm not one of them but i have great respect for this kind of self sufficiency. 
i think the option to purchase in silver or cash would be a good.
although, im not sure what the ratio would be and im not sure why codeclub don't sell silver for 1s>1e

hang on, isn't this the wrong thread for this conversation?  i think maybe you want to be here;
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/153795-wurm-cosmetic-cash-shop/

Wurm in VR, the thought makes me giddy.
I've tried it through Virtual Desktop (VR desktop app, i own a dk2), it runs pretty well.

Edited by Steveleeb