Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Wurm Roadmap May 2017

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Wurm is a closed economy, there is no inflation, so this discussion is based on the wrong premise

Hmm, so if there are too many silver in circulation and not enough being bought anymore, what do you call that besides inflation?
But, thank you for correcting me. I was under the impression the issue was not enough $ coming in. Will stop spreading falsehoods. :)

Edited by Matholameu

You need more new players to draw out the coin in circulation. I would think working to attract more players would be more beneficial to everyone than appeasing the current playerbase. Don't get me wrong, i love new things but i love the community more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Budda said:

and some interesting creature AI changes.

@Budda

@Retrograde

Does this mean we'll get some sorta AI fix for Xanadu and the creatures that can climb any slope and sit there? Even a system where they are limited by the slope they can climb would be better than what we have now, even if that means they all clump at the bottom of cliffs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Odynn said:

That's kinda the beauty of the thing, those new cosmetic items can become a money sink and reduce the floating amount of silvers. Currently a large part of the silvers are being recirculated (think deed upkeeps) some are gone (mail fees)... a dev or wu code digger can probably give better explanations than me on that. Point is, if the goal is to reduce the amount of silvers floating around (would require a fix in the free coins distribution anyway), traders items that remove those coins would be a good solution.

(Another solution which is even more fun would be for CCAB to buy silvers back from players at the current 1s per  € rate and sell them back as they currently do for 1s per 1€60. Maintening their control over the silver selling economy)

As has already been mentioned, money sinks already exist in upkeep and items that traders sell for silver. The reason for price fluctuations is that more and more people are capable of crafting items, so supply is going up while demand stays neutral or goes down. 

Costmetic items are a good idea, but it would be tricky to implement them properly. There are people who spent a lot of time and silver getting rare masks, weapons, etc. that would be pissed to see a variety of new helmets/masks that can easily be purchased through a Wurm shop. Regardless of whether they give bonuses or are only cosmetic, it would devalue the masks that already exist. 

Some cosmetic items that might have no conflict with current in-game items are: 

tattoos

change starter clothes color

emotes

13 hours ago, Budda said:

The account system is well underway, with work ongoing for getting the game servers and the account system connected and working together so various things regarding accounts and characters can be managed from the web and update on the servers instantly.

Sounds good.  I assume you guys are also including a little more robust log-in for that. 

One thing I'd love to see included, (or maybe this falls under the shop heading?), is a way to auto-renew premium.  By nature, I'm a lazy...erm...an energy efficient kinda gal, and I would love not having to worry about when I need to renew which characters.  :)

Nice, VR :) But VR UI would be big challenge...

14 hours ago, Budda said:

Looking back on the time since the last roadmap, there have been a fair few updates - including the massive cooking update that has gone down well with everyone

Clearly I'm not part of everyone as I found the new cooking system to be an exercise in tedium.    And actually, several people I talk to found it to be a poorly implemented attempt at a "clever"  cooking sim.

Edited by Greyfox

Just now, Greyfox said:

Clearly I'm not part of everyone as I found the new cooking system to be an exercise in tedium.    And actually, several people I talk to found it to be a poorly implemented attempt at a "clever"  cooking sim.

Budda how DARE you suggest everyone has precisely the same desires likes and thoughts on everything! For Shame!

Honestly the new cooking system, while it has it's issues, has been a MASSIVE improvement over the insanely simplistic and pathetic old one. Before 1.3 literally 90% of cooking was trumped by "just make a bunch of standard boring easy to cook meals". It's hard to understand any kind of logic as to how a person could honestly believe and try to convince anyone else that the 1.3 update somehow -wasn't- an improvement. We have new forms of nutrition which can be used to give incredibly useful boosts to our characters, new ways to get affinities to boost skillgains and cooking is actually interesting now instead of just being a thing everyone does precisely the exact same thing as everyone else in.

• Like 10

People who hate this game probably play it longer and more often than people who love it. It's endlessly hilarious!

• Like 8

far as the money goes i for one spent about 500 euro last month in shop for silver.... and i'll be buying 3 years worth of prem in the next month or so... and planning on buying 2 montths prem on 5-7 characters from the shop in another month or so :) and if they put stuff like that in shop ill prolly buy to help support the game if nothing else... maybe i can get a little pet to follow me around? like an ethereal mini kitty cat? :) wait this isn't wow.... well... either way i plan on spending a good 45-150 euro on the game each month soon. I have to have something to pay new people with afterall and create jobs and fuel and economy since i cant rely on those pesky traders anymore... use to make 50-60s off just a few traders and would spend that on people who couldnt afford prem... strange how that ends and i lack the money in game to cover them and then they quit because they dont have prem :/ well... anywho... i roll with the punches. Whatever they do i'm game. love to move the epic servers to freedom though... I'd redeed my deed and make all new buildings on the land if i had to. ;)

Yea, the best thing about the new cooking system is that anyone can opt out of it completely. Just toggle off ccfp and ignore the whole thing. Also possibly as an unintended side effect it has made getting good nutrition much easier for new players as well as raising HFC easier/faster too. So the implementation has been good as it does not *force* everyone to use it, more of a free choice option for those who find it worthwhile.

As for a Wurm Shop ***only*** item, I would like to see a weapon slot equipped item that would make the user immune to all hostile mob aggression/attacks. Equipped to this slot it would also make the user unable to attack anything as well, or assist others with healing effects. Then just put a 5 minute timer on it for equip on/off. Like the Fo priest immunity only works against all hostile mobs. Well worth a RL cash price to walk these lands in peace, I would say.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Focusing on getting new players into Wurm Online is not always a money maker.  Sure you will draw some people in and they might buy premium, but then after a couple of months they might not continue with the game.  That means you have a surge of money, but it's not steady income.  As I run a business myself, I can understand not going 90% for getting new people to play to raise income.  I get a new client and then see how many services I can have them use of mine so I can increase my monthly income as a whole.

Sounds like a good idea and don't shame anyone that thinks this way, but doesn't really mean anything.  You need that steady income to predict what you can do next.  It's like getting a huge bonus check thinking "wow I have a lot of money" and you spend it all in a month then you feel like you're broke again because you don't have that money for the next month and the month after that.

Edited by nicedreams
Fixed spelling.
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Budda said:

we are also looking at all of the gods and their spells with proper balance between the gods,

This will be interesting, kind of hope it really does balance things out instead of nerfing certain gods into the ground on PvE because "they make up for it in PvP".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ayes said:

Yea, the best thing about the new cooking system is that anyone can opt out of it completely. Just toggle off ccfp and ignore the whole thing. Also possibly as an unintended side effect it has made getting good nutrition much easier for new players as well as raising HFC easier/faster too. So the implementation has been good as it does not *force* everyone to use it, more of a free choice option for those who find it worthwhile.

Sure you can opt out, if you want to take the penality of not having full CCFP.   Full fat making SB last ~30% longer is kind of a huge penality to stick everyone with who doesn't want to constantly be preparing meals.
Sure it's great having more variety for those who wanted it, but they really didn't need to make cooking such a requirement now.  I'm fairly sure(But not positive) that before cooking was released it was said those who want to cook the old way can without penalty.   CCFP adds a penalty for cooking the old way(Unless you have insanely high HFC meals don't give full bars unless you are starving when you eat, and then your CCFP bars go down fast then your food because of high Nut so you sit with almost empty bars constantly.  

Cooking update and stupid fatigue system.   Make the first less micromanage annoying(Or less of a requirement) and get rid of the second and I'm out of things to complain about.... Well out of things that annoy me regularly enough that they drag down my enjoyment of Wurm.     

EDIT:  Also how long it takes for posts to save after the forum migration is also a regular annoyance :)

Edited by Greyfox

Can we get an update on when animals will be able to cross server borders? So far the only answer I've been able to get is 'we're not working on that right now or for the next few months'. I understand that; you will not be working on animals crossing server borders in the next few months. My question is when will this be worked on? Can we get an estimated time? 8 months? A year? Three years? Ten years?

13 hours ago, Darkshade said:

@BuddaWhat wil happen to current stable client once unstable goes over to be stable? I dualboot Windows and FreeBSD with the aim to phase out of Windows for good eventually. I prefer the current stable client on FreeBSD as I can run it without issues using OpenJDK.

Current stable client will still be around for a little while, though it will no longer be the default client. It will become officially unsupported though, so will only be around until the first major protocol change, after which we won't be updating it anymore. I'm expecting there to be quite a few people that still haven't tried the unstable client once we turn it into the default client, so there will no doubt be a string of bugs posted that day - so having the current client there as a backup for a short time while those are fixed will likely be necessary.

12 hours ago, Odynn said:

One simple question : When do you plan to fix it?

I'm aiming to have a fix for this in for the next update.

1 hour ago, Attenia said:

Can we get an update on when animals will be able to cross server borders? So far the only answer I've been able to get is 'we're not working on that right now or for the next few months'. I understand that; you will not be working on animals crossing server borders in the next few months. My question is when will this be worked on? Can we get an estimated time? 8 months? A year? Three years? Ten years?

It has been talked about internally how we'd go about making this work, but we don't have any solid plans or timeframe for it at the moment sorry.

When are you finally going to address pooping in the game?!?!......I played the game for years, eaten in game and never pooped. Time to look bigger.

Edited by Chon

One of the recent additions that I love is the ability to bless lamps and have them auto light and stay fueled if on pavement or bridges, I might add that it would absolutely be wonderful if the same blessed lamps would also work in cave systems, for example long tunnels that would be wonderful to stay lit with blessed lamps. Please think about adding this. Thanks,

Wrecker.

10 hours ago, Hammer said:

tattoos

Tribal tattoos aww yiss

3540241_orig.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wrecker said:

One of the recent additions that I love is the ability to bless lamps and have them auto light and stay fueled if on pavement or bridges, I might add that it would absolutely be wonderful if the same blessed lamps would also work in cave systems, for example long tunnels that would be wonderful to stay lit with blessed lamps. Please think about adding this. Thanks,

Wrecker.

If you're underground, and you reinforce the floor tile that the lamp is on with a beam, you can bless the lamp and have it on permanently. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 4:58 AM, Budda said:

In the time since, we’ve managed to track down the disconnect bug for the unstable client that was running amok at the time, and now all that remains is sorting out the last bit of performance issues the client is causing a lot of people. 

have you fixed the paint-bug?
(coloured walls become vanilla when you reach a certain distance)

From my perspective, the new Wurm developer team has been doing a great job and they seem to really understand the heartbeat and flavor of Wurm. I am very much looking forward to all the updates. Thank you all for the hard work! It really makes the game better.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Valdor said:

From my perspective, the new Wurm developer team has been doing a great job and they seem to really understand the heartbeat and flavor of Wurm. I am very much looking forward to all the updates. Thank you all for the hard work! It really makes the game better.

awww 

[16:13:14] You press the Valdor Action Figure close to your chest.

• Like 6