20ql-12min

30ql-18min

40ql-24 minutes

90ql - 54 minutes

Canopy bed would give 2x of that:

10ql- 12 min

20ql- 24min

90ql- 1h 48 minutes

That would be a small boost to fine carpentry, as well as the difference in skill requirement making  beds and canopy would not only be for appearance but for practical use as well. 

• Like 6

Also there should be bonus from rarity of bed if i may add :) +1 from me

• Like 4

-1 for shanking lowbies..

imo.. add some boost for ql50/+, but leave the nubs alone with current sb gains as they are:mellow:

keeping a bed at ql90 is going to be annoying... (makes me laugh ... thinking about people with xx alts.. but, they'll be fine.. 1's probably 90+ fc..)

imo use the old ql50-70-90.. I'm unsure about the 2x multiplier of sleep bonus from what it is currently 1h for 24h

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Sleep_bonus

probably if that time was only boosted at half..

idea's solid gold

+1

--edit

as QL starts to matter.. anyone who cares.. is going to get or skill up to ql50... than move to something better

things will balance on their own... in other words

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

-1 if it is as you stated. simply because it would punish low skilled players a lot and use the current rate as the 100ql rate.

now if instead we'd use said rate as 70ql and then allow it to go slightly past that to give an incentive to put in the work rather than punishing them for not putting in as much work as humanly possible and maintaining it as close to 99ql as skill allows for maximum efficiency you'd have my +1.

for canopy beds, while i would like to see it i think that doubled sleep bonus is quite a lot tbh. maybe 1.5 times instead? it would still be quite a huge advantage, especially over prolonged periods of time.

• Like 2

How is this 'shanking' newbies?

There is a system in place for people to get items beyond there skill, trade/buy/beg.

+1

especially for rarity 8)

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

+1 from me also. It would make a lot of sense to make this quality- and rarity dependent. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

How is this 'shanking' newbies?

There is a system in place for people to get items beyond there skill, trade/buy/beg.

+1

especially for rarity 8)

Trade/buy would be fine if newbies could earn silvers doing something fun/worthwhile.

6 Minutes every 24 hours...might as well not bother and just hope the server crashes sometime in the next 50+ days. Assuming you never log in...more realistically it would take at least 150 days to save up 5 hours SB...almost guaranteed a server crash in that time. (Assumes you sleep 8 hours a day in wurm)

Something more like 10-20-30% bonus at 50-70-90ql would be fair enough I think and leaving 1ql as is.

Edited by Bonsai

The idea is good but I side as well with the idea of keep the current as base and add a small bonus for high ql beds (and canopy ones)

• Like 2

Scaling up would be nice, otherwise -1.

Punishing newbies is always a bad idea.

• Like 3

Why not make the scale start from the existing numbers for SB gain? Right now it is 1-minute SB gained per 24-minutes of sleep, which is 1-hour of SB gained per day; so say make that for a 1ql bed, and then say a 10ql bed is like 1.1-minutes of SB gained per 24-minutes of sleep, 50ql is 1.5-minutes of SB gained per 24-minutes of sleep ect. The numbers of course can be tweaked of course, but no one would get the short end of the stick in such a case.

• Like 4

@Shrimpiiesounds good.. gives a reason for every single ql increment that way.. and hurts 'so much' when bed gets damage ^^;

+1

4 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Why not make the scale start from the existing numbers for SB gain? Right now it is 1-minute SB gained per 24-minutes of sleep, which is 1-hour of SB gained per day; so say make that for a 1ql bed, and then say a 10ql bed is like 1.1-minutes of SB gained per 24-minutes of sleep, 50ql is 1.5-minutes of SB gained per 24-minutes of sleep ect. The numbers of course can be tweaked, but no one would get the short end of the stick if you start with the existing ratio of sleep to SB for 1ql and go up from there.

• Like 2

So I would have to make a canopy bed to have the best bonus? I dunno they dont look good in ALL settings :P 

• Like 1

I would say keep canopy bed and regular bed the same for SB gain, that way the playing field is mostly level in that you aren't restricted to one specific bed to get the best SB, you are only limited by the idea of quality playing a factor in SB gains.

• Like 1

Numbers here are only suggested to show that amount of getting sleep bonus can be played with beds quality as well as rarity and type of bed. 

I just looked at the bed today. I have near enough to 98 fc and my bed is at 8 ql cause ql does nothing to a bed. And then I thought - it gives us such a great advantage towards skills gains but it is so undeveloped...

I know a lot of of stuff in wurm are only for looks but as well as that they do not provide any benefits towards skilling, creating, improving, etc.

Now bed gives us a chance to get some skill boost. Even adding 10% for ql (@100ql, so 1% per 10 ql), 10% for canopy bed, 10% for coc (@100 coc or 1% per 10coc), 10% for rare, 20% for supreme, 50% for fantastic - could possibly improve such a great item. 

-1  (Revised in the Edit)

I would rather see bed ql affect fatigue regeneration, not sleep bonus.

Sleep bonus should remain equally attainable across the board.  There is no reason to beat up the lil ppl with regard to sleep bonuses.

+1 to extra bonuses for rarity.  Provide improvements without necessarily severely hampering the gameplay of many other people.  There is no reason to deny other people their sleep bonus.  We may not have very high fine carpentry, but we do have some mean pitch forks. :angry:

+1 for guillotines.  The nobility wants our sleep.  I say no.

Edit:  Ok, cancel the guillotines for now.  I could certainly get behind Shrimpiie's contribution to Bangzuvelis's suggestion.  +1 provided you guys go with Shrimpiie's math and keep it a positive development for everyone..

Edited by Reylaark
sharpening a guillotine is hard work.
  • Like 2

maybe rarity plus a rune.  Since SB is a fairly powerful aspect of the game, have a very special rune that is hard to get

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reylaark said:

I would rather see bed ql affect fatigue regeneration, not sleep bonus.

I don't want to think much about that one... +1 if it gives a tiny boost to regeneration of fatigue.. and maybe only if there was an option to choose what you prefer to get when going to sleep sb or (tiny boost to)fatigue regeneration...

Both reflect to skill gains.. 1 of them is slightly more harmful with certain play style.

4 hours ago, newman330 said:

maybe rarity plus a rune.  Since SB is a fairly powerful aspect of the game, have a very special rune that is hard to get

I'd rather keep runes as far from beds as possible.. or this is going to turn into A ###.. MUST item to have

Beds are simple.. it's annoying enough that you have to go home and log on them, isn't that enough.

• Like 2

+1 to OP idea, but -1 to the scale. Shrimpie's scale seems a lot better. Can't wait for Inns with 90ql+ beds