Sign in to follow this  
Fraeya

Allow deed owners to push moored boats on deed

Just now, JakeRivers said:

Because if they add your change people will find there 'moored' boats stuck inside locked mines in someones deed or worse.

So take responsibility for your property just like everything else in Wurm and park it offdeed or somewhere you own

• Like 1

+1 to more control on deed, it wouldn't hurt the owners of ships if someone pushed their boats off their deeds - they'll ultimately not be able to push it very far so no one can complain if they find their boats a few tiles off from where they left them after prolonged inactivity. Abandoned harbour areas can be truly annoying when there are a ton of ships moored that can't be moved, like Fraeya's dock seems to be.

Support tickets work for moving these things in single cases, but it may actually make sense to implement a mechanic that allows the deed owner to control items on their deeds. Possibilities of abuse are always given, it's the same for other mechanics we already have (such as granting access to locked fence gates on deeds), and in my eyes not an argument against this change.

• Like 2

I smell no-mooring option for deeds after this topic:rolleyes:

@Fraeyayou could plant a sign.. asking people to not moor there.. but people are... even if you didn't mind making a offdeed dock section near by.. they'd still dock at your place *shugs*

No perfect solution... I smell a game change for ocds(not calling you that way... but I get that it could be REALLY irritating to keep calling gms to solve something like this...)

BUT PUTTING OTHER'S BOATS IN PERIMETER IS BAD

1 minute ago, Fraeya said:

So take responsibility for your property just like everything else in Wurm and park it offdeed or somewhere you own

I was gone for a year, deeds come deeds go, who is to say a nice spot you left your boat does not become someones harbor down the road, its nice to come back after a year and find your ships ready to go still.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

I was gone for a year, deeds come deeds go, who is to say a nice spot you left your boat does not become someones harbor down the road, its nice to come back after a year and find your ships ready to go still.

So park it in open sea, or on a friends deed. You cannot possibly expect everything in an ever changing online world to be exactly the same as you left it without any interaction on your behalf. Heck even put down a deed yourself just for your boat and throw a ton of silver into the upkeep. Deed it or lose it as they say

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

@Fraeyayou could plant a sign.. asking people to not moor there.. but people are... even if you didn't mind making a offdeed dock section near by.. they'd still dock at your place *shugs*

No perfect solution... I smell a game change for ocds(not calling you that way... but I get that it could be REALLY irritating to keep calling gms to solve something like this...)

Yes that's possible but as I cannot wall up my dock and still allow access for all boats without pushing then it's not going to prevent people from parking there. 

I get what you're saying, if you think you leave something safe somewhere and then it takes massive decay ticks from being in perim and you lose it that's bad for you. But it's your personal responsibility to make sure you leave it somewhere safe in the first place, not just some random deed, but somewhere you either asked permission for or you know will be safe, like your own deed.

+1 for new option.. to disallow people to moor a boat on deed, unless they have a role/are friends/settings allow it/etc....

(if somebody docks.. you're free to drag the boat to a lava tile.. as it wont be moored.., alert that it's impossible to moor at your place.. is a warning enough that visitors aren't that welcome to stay for long ^^')

Let us keep in mind that this is a suggestions thread and should be used to discuss the suggestion only. Mentioning your concerns with the suggestion is perfectly valid, but once your concern has been added, please do not derail the thread with eventualities and personal disputes. If you disagree, -1 the suggestion, name your reason if you wish and discuss it in an appropriate fashion without moving the thread away from the suggestion itself.

@Finnn No-mooring options are not really what I think this thread is even about. I don't think anyone has a problem with someone mooring their ships on their deeds over-night, or even for a couple of days - or allowing their neighbours to use their docks as well. I think the main problem that deed owners are presented with in this case is the ships that are already moored on the spot where they wish to deed. Since decay on-deed is disabled, the ships will never disappear and pose an annoyance to the deed owners for as long as they are there, so the no-mooring option is really not going to help.

I also feel like making this thread about personal benefit of leaving your ship and returning to it intact after prolonged inactivity would be wrong. I understand JakeRiver's point - I too was happy to find my ship still "alive" after returning from a year's inactivity. However, if you would like to return to Wurm after you go inactive to find all your possessions unharmed, the solution would be to place a deed yourself or use the deed of someone you know, not to count on other people making sure that your possessions are waiting for you upon your return.

In general, I think that the mayor role of deeds should be designed to control anything and everything on it - as it is the case for many things already. This is a change that makes sense from the perspective of someone who knows the struggle of other peoples' litter on one's deed, and trust me when I say that there are many people who are in that situation.

Looking at Fraeya's request from a logical and neutral point of view, imagining oneself returning to the game looking for a spot to deed and finding oneself in a situation where one has to move on from spots that are otherwise perfect because decaying boats litter the place, I feel one can only +1 this suggestion. Another situation would be one where a mayor would like to level an underwater area above the water level, in order to use it to build. The previously moored ship would still be there after you raise the ground level, making it even more annoying.

Saying "Just use a support ticket" is valid, one can do that, but doesn't address the issue Fraeya has raised, so I don't think every one of her comments should be shot down with that phrase. Basically anything you need in Wurm that is impossible for one to do themselves right now can be solved with a support ticket, but it's not an ideal situation in any case, so I feel that the suggestion should be taken serious and discussed in an appropriate way nevertheless.

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 2

+1 to move boats on deed or to obliterate them with increased decay, shouldnt need to call a GM to move stuff arond an owned deed.

2 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

I think that the mayor role of deeds should be designed to control anything and everything on it

This can lead to problems, there are some things that should not have control bypassed, and I think boats are one of them. 

We don't need people dropping deeds on top of boats to shove them somewhere with ease. It is bad enough that people can deny access to boats with donut houses and fences as it is.

@Yldraniaimo it is exactly what could solve this issue.. it's a polite enough warning that it's not a public dock space.. and if you stop there... anyone could move your boat.. and you're politely reminded to look for a better solution for long term rests.

With an option to dis/allow certain roles.. everyone/friends/roles.. major's free to manage the deed/dock and keep it as they like... only problem left for gms is to deal with old boats from before such change... imo it's a win-win for everybody, far better than griefing somebody's property because they ruined the nice view with their property.

Suggestion was BAD enough.. if this gets in the game as it started... it's a grief-haven for some.... while what I suggest.. is keeping everybody happy...

I think I am staying on topic with my concern how bad things could have gone with the initial change in mind...

6 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

Looking at Fraeya's request from a logical and neutral point of view, imagining oneself returning to the game looking for a spot to deed and finding oneself in a situation where one has to move on from spots that are otherwise perfect because decaying boats litter the place, I feel one can only +1 this suggestion.

That is a valid concern yes but not necessarily my situation; in my case it's from visitors, inactive villagers, inactive alliance members that have left the server or the game and some general random boats who I have no idea who they belong to

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Suggestion was BAD enough.. if this gets in the game as it started... it's a grief-haven for some.... 

Currently it's more of a grief haven to litter peoples deeds with boats and have no means to remove them other than GM assistance which I still strongly feel shouldn't be for fickle problems like this.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fraeya said:

Currently it's more of a grief haven to litter peoples deeds with boats and have no means to remove them other than GM assistance which I still strongly feel shouldn't be for fickle problems like this.

It will be more of a problem for the GM's answering tickets for boats that get pushed into hiding because someone left it on someones deed for a few days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

It will be more of a problem for the GM's answering tickets for boats that get pushed into hiding because someone left it on someones deed for a few days.

So don't leave it on someones lawn for a few days, simple fix

Otherwise deed owner should be in their full right to leave it on their lawn

Edited by Fraeya
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Easiest solution, dont park your boat where you are not wanted.  And if you, deal with the consecuences.

This thread is another great example of trying to overcome your annoyances at others' cost, making up a lot more annoyances for them.

8 minutes ago, zigozag said:

This thread is another great example of trying to overcome your annoyances at others' cost, making up a lot more annoyances for them.

kinda like the annoyances at others cost when you dump a boat on their deed you mean? Sounds like you just contradicted yourself there

• Like 2

This thread is really amusing to read, as the mayor of a deed you should be able to destroy anything you don't want. This should involve unwanted carts and boats that you do not own and there shouldn't be a exception.

Stop defending people who haven't played in months/years. Protect your belongings or expect it to be gone when you get back. Simple. 

A cleaner solution is a right click option for mayors to un-summon the boat, when the person who hasn't played in years comes back they will have a boat they can reclaim using a summon feature. Though I'd prefer using a hatchet to unwanted carts tbh.

Also about this loot issue, most things decay very quickly when left on a deed you don't own... inside a boat. So stop talking about loot most of it will be completely gone. You should test it and see, I near lost a bunch of rares once from it. I don't recommend it.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 3

+1

I've taken extended breaks many times.  I've had the same sailing boat since I first started playing.

Yes, it's great to find my boat when I get back.

Every time, it has been a surprise to me.  It was not expected.  People were kind enough to repair it for me, but I always logged back in expecting to start over without a boat.  I expect to start with what I had on my person when I logged out... unless I've paid my upkeep in advance.

When you take a break, you either prepare accordingly, or face the consequences when you get back.  That's how I was taught to play the game, and I've still managed to hang on to the very first butcher knife I made that happened to turn rare.

Asking for the right to manage your property as you see fit is nothing new.  For example:

The OP is not even asking for ownership of ships imposed on him without his consent.  He merely wishes to deal with derelict ships that should not be on his deed to begin with.

There is also a lot of precedent for lessening the burden on GM's.  This suggestion is in keeping with that ongoing effort.

TL:DR  +1, Get off my lawn.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Finnn said:

Leaving your Ship indefinitely on someone else's deed is worse.

Having the option to push an unwanted ship off deed seems a better option from a social standpoint than the option I would personally suggest.... +1 for Fraeya's suggestion.

Edited by geode
  • Like 2

Long story short.. you're paying for your deed.. not the right to trash other's property, you have no clue what the reason for the break was.. and why that person left the boat there for that long...

It's not always to drive the mayor mad over sails covering the sunset:unsure::rolleyes:

As you guys are going... it's like you want this mechanic to abuse perimeters at another's expense.. when there's a solution that solves it without loss for anyone.

8 hours ago, Chlodovech said:

-1. Better is to prevent mooring on deed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Finnn said:

As you guys are going... it's like you want this mechanic to abuse perimeters at another's expense.. when there's a solution that solves it without loss for anyone.

As you seem to bring it up every post you make it seems like this is more your agenda than ours. Do you have a ship full of valuables parked on someones deed you are trying to keep safe or something?

Nothing from my post at all suggests I'm loot hunting and like Niki validly pointed out most items in these boats have likely decayed to dust if there was anything to begin with.

8 hours ago, Fraeya said:

As you seem to bring it up every post you make it seems like this is more your agenda than ours. Do you have a ship full of valuables parked on someones deed you are trying to keep safe or something?

Nothing from my post at all suggests I'm loot hunting and like Niki validly pointed out most items in these boats have likely decayed to dust if there was anything to begin with.

I have several boats parked where am allowed to have them.

Imagine if you go to unique slaying and you park your boat at the gathering spot(usually a deed) and your pc is set on fire or for whatever reason.. you're forced to leave it there, unable to play for a week..

Should be mayor demolish your supreme boat because of that? Or just get it out of his/her hair .. without causing damage to you?

logic..
Why do you have to be so vengeful to people who haven't done you harm, and retaliate to such lengths causing them the loss of their items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

I have several boats parked where am allowed to have them.

Imagine if you go to unique slaying and you park your boat at the gathering spot(usually a deed) and your pc is set on fire or for whatever reason.. you're forced to leave it there, unable to play for a week..

Should be mayor demolish your supreme boat because of that? Or just get it out of his/her hair .. without causing damage to you?

logic..
Why do you have to be so vengeful to people who haven't done you harm, and retaliate to such lengths causing them the loss of their items.

No one is asking for demolishing, just moving outside of deed, and if your PC catches fire, Im very sorry for you, but not my problem, get your sh-it out of my property.  If it was a supreme boat with clippings of rolfs hair in it, its the same, take care of YOUR property, no one should be forced to babysit your sh-it for you.

And no one is being vengeful, but when you PAY MONEY to have your deed, you expect a certain ammount of control over it, particularly in PvE where you dont have other means of control.  If you are being an annoyance to the person who is paying for that land, the owner of that land should be able to move your items outside of his property.  Its simple and pretty logical.

TL:DR: get off my lawn!

• Like 1