Sign in to follow this  
Fraeya

Make shot arrows have a sparkle effect while on the floor

Recommended Posts

as title, some kinda sparke effect, similar to yule reindeer or valrei item to make finding shot arrows easier to find at night or in woods

*edit* may aswell have them able to be picked up from further away also

 

*Edit 2*

Suggestion to be able to cast light token on the arrows which will last until shot, then provide the light token effect on arrows on the ground until that cast power would normally run out

Edited by Fraeya
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe.. with some sort of marking them.. so it's only visible for the owner, only during their current session, something like the legacy firepillar(client side effect for OWN arrows..) (you know.. the F1 for console, than typing 'firepillar' and pressing enter..);

 

wont bother others, wont ruin fps for anyone.. but the archer/ranger/pew-pew-kid~, and wont be the reason to have 1000 screenshots with a massive field covered in sparkles:wacko::rolleyes:

 

:ph34r:

 

---edit

~+1

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Finnn said:

wont bother others, wont ruin fps for anyone.. but the archer/ranger/pew-pew-kid~, and wont be the reason to have 1000 screenshots with a massive field covered in sparkles:wacko::rolleyes:

 

Well hopefully you'll be able to actually see them on the floor so no reason to have a field full, you pickup as you go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but.. if you slap the sparkles from reindeers.... somebody's bound to make that happen:(

know your wurm fellas better :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would ruin the arrowmakers business!!

just kidding, big +1, Ive left arrows sprayed all over Deli, would have loved to pick them up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure if its a freedom only thing

 

imagine the lag if 20+ people are all bowing eachother at the same time and all those arrows appear glowing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, blart said:

sure if its a freedom only thing

 

imagine the lag if 20+ people are all bowing eachother at the same time and all those arrows appear glowing

Easier to see them after or during the battle to pick them back up. You're assuming the effect has to be particle heavy and a large draw on resources. Anything is better than we we have now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be another use for bless - Have a batch of arrows blessed by a priest then they glow on the ground. Or attach light tokens like runes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Noiattaq said:

This could be another use for bless - Have a batch of arrows blessed by a priest then they glow on the ground. Or attach light tokens like runes. 

 

bless or light token would be a great use for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or could be normal arrows.. with special bonus to archery skill.. unlocked at 50-60~.. giving a reason to nubies.. to skill up .. to find their arrows easier..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

batch light token... i like that idea.

 

light token stays on the arrows until they are shot.  Then the light token lasts say 10 min (cant remember actual time for the spell).  If you retrieve your arrows in a timely manner, you win.  If not, everybody else wont see a shimmering, polluted field of sparkling arrows after robin hood leaves the area.  Would make good use of an existing spell

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, newman330 said:

batch light token... i like that idea.

 

light token stays on the arrows until they are shot.  Then the light token lasts say 10 min (cant remember actual time for the spell).  If you retrieve your arrows in a timely manner, you win.  If not, everybody else wont see a shimmering, polluted field of sparkling arrows after robin hood leaves the area.  Would make good use of an existing spell

 great idea :)

 

Adding these additions to the OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light might be a bit tricky, lots of light sources on wurm cause its fps to tank.

 

A lightless light token might work though (just the model, no lighting effect).  Also, you'd need to ensure that a tile doesn't end up with 20 light tokens on it.

 

Morning mist might make a nice alternative (little clouds above the arrows), though these might cause particle lag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-1000 for PVP. It's already laggy enough. A few hundred arrows all shooting off sparklers would not help that situation. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

As for lag, you'd have to turn off particles while in battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be rainbows, rift rays etc..(joking ofc.. should be minor hint.. if any) and in my opinion.. it should only show the effects to the archer and nobody else..

and maybe just for a short period of time, or current session(to allow the creation of screenshots with massive fields filled with these arrow effects):rolleyes:

On 5/9/2017 at 5:47 PM, Finnn said:

maybe.. with some sort of marking them.. so it's only visible for the owner, only during their current session, something like the legacy firepillar(client side effect for OWN arrows..) (you know.. the F1 for console, than typing 'firepillar' and pressing enter..);

 

wont bother others, wont ruin fps for anyone.. but the archer/ranger/pew-pew-kid~, and wont be the reason to have 1000 screenshots with a massive field covered in sparkles:wacko::rolleyes:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not have it as an action? Activate bow, right click the ground, Reveal Arrows. Have the action like 5 seconds, and reveal any arrows within a 30 tile radius. Personally I would prefer light tokens pop up for the person who did it, not for everybody, but I don't know if that is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to a client side solution that would not interfere with the huge 100vs100 archers wars that are constantly cropping up in the thiriving PvP servers/clusters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2017 at 7:47 AM, Finnn said:

maybe.. with some sort of marking them.. so it's only visible for the owner, only during their current session, something like the legacy firepillar(client side effect for OWN arrows..) (you know.. the F1 for console, than typing 'firepillar' and pressing enter..);

 

wont bother others, wont ruin fps for anyone.. but the archer/ranger/pew-pew-kid~, and wont be the reason to have 1000 screenshots with a massive field covered in sparkles:wacko::rolleyes:

 

:ph34r:

 

---edit

~+1

only if done for the person that shoots them. FPS issues for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares about archer's fps.. fights from distance anyway B), easy to press X(continuous running forward..) in direction opposite of the enemy.. once the lag strike back. :lol:;

Main thing was to lag just the right person and never bug the others with additional effects.. and fps drops further.. than what the random 1-2-300 arrows laying around are adding to the renderer/engine or w/e chokes when a ton of items are around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this