Sign in to follow this  
Lucyein

Shield Bashing

Shield Bashing gives ticks only sometimes and they are tiny gains even at the lowest levels. Apparently it was much easier to level in the past. So, why was the skillgain on it nerfed dramatically knowing there are already people who leveled it very high?  Are only the earliest players intended to actually benefit from that skill?

• Like 5

I get it was very easy in the olden days, but when using 7 hours of sleep bonus entirely for hunting, clearing 2 deserts while shield bashing 1-2 times per mob, and killing over 400 mobs... I'd like to see more then 1.27 shield bashing gain at skill level 13.

Please look into this, it's absolutely terrible.  On par with weaponsmithing. Nope, at level 13 I could probably gain 5 points or a bit more in weaponsmitihng after 7 hours.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Weaponsmithing is easier to level in comparison. My WS is about 15 from casually imping a sword here and there. I have leveled 2 different 1h weapons to about 50, 73 fs, shield to 43, and normal fighting to 50 while constantly shield bashing... and my skill is at about 5.

At this rate all my combat skills will hit 99 before Shield Bash hits 30.

• Like 1

It was only easy in the "old days" because there was no cooldown between bashing which was needed for pvp.  Skillgain was actually increased after that

The main problem is that it is so hard to start.  Should just allow a chance to gain on every attempt including fails until 20

• Like 4

Suggestion: make shield bash a toggle so I can forget about it and a year from now I'll have 20 shield bashing.

sb goes up slower than body str past a certain point

i can also tell you anyone above 70 either used a large number of alts or exploited it.

Edited by Propheteer