Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Naming storage unit shelves

It would be a great thing to be able to rename the shelves of the awesome large storage units - just like we can do it on larders. It would further add a bit to their usability.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 11

Yeah, I'd love it if they were split up (Top Shelf, Middle Shelf, Bottom Shelf) instead of inside a collapsed menu as well, like in Larders.

this:

25 minutes ago, Jaz said:

It would be a great thing to be able to rename the shelves of the awesome large storage units

and that:

24 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Yeah, I'd love it if they were split up (Top Shelf, Middle Shelf, Bottom Shelf) instead of inside a collapsed menu as well, like in Larders.

Huge +1 for those, it's becoming tiring to wear a tutu instead of a kilt these days!

+1 

I was just going to post a request for this and searched first.  Please let us rename the shelves.

I'm a bit confused by this. Unless something changed recently, we can rename the shelves.  I renamed the shelves on all of my large storage units when I first made them right after they were put in game.  They are all secured, planted by me.   Are you unable to rename even on planted units?

Tried it planted, unplanted, with deed mayor - no option to rename shelves.

Hmm. That's odd.  I just checked my lg storage units and I'm still getting the 'rename' shelf option on right click.  I'm reminded of when the larders came in though. I couldn't rename my shelves on planted larders while others could.  I had to empty them and replant them, and then I got the option.  Maybe try that?  If that doesn't work, I'd make a bug post.

Edited by Amadee

+1                     

I just realised it's already in.

Edited by Erevorn

make sure you planted it from inventory, that works for my larder but if i drop and secure it doesnt

so it seems the secure option is bugged? Not everyone will be able to hold the shelves in inventory I suppose, those are heavy...

I think this thread concluded thanks for the input!

• Like 1

Bumping this one again.  Be nice to rename shelves.  I keep horse gear in one, lamps in another, etc.

+1 But...

The "select another re-nameable item" trick works to allow non-planted unsecured shelf re-name (one shelf at a time, select item inside and shelf itself).  But ya, this shouldn't require a hack to get working.  Nor should "only secure" get to name their shelves.  Personally I hate one-way operations like "secure" and "plant" and avoid whenever possible. 

Edited by Belgrim

I'll try emptying it and planting and try again to see if get rename option after rift.