Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Horse glitched from tunnel to surface and killed by lava tile

My favourite horse was killed:

There is a common bug when you enter a mine and animal(s) hitched to vehicles or on lead pop out on the surface visually.

Today in a tunnel this glitch happened to my horse while was hitched to a wagon and passing under a tile where is lava on the surface the lava killed the horse, I've found the corpse on the lava tile outside. There is no lava in the mine the specific tile is a tunnel.

• Like 1

always a good idea to cool the top after cooling the insides

Something similar happened to me.  There are lava tiles inside of my mine. I built a building in front of it, and lined up crate racks on that wall and filled them.  Horses hitched to a wagon, I moved close enough to reach the crates.  The horses moved through the wall and into the lava tile.  One horse insta-died.  No corpse.  Thanks To Sandyar, he had me check outside up the mountainside. Sure enough, there was the horse corpse.  (didn't show as a lava tile outside, was just rock)  Otherwise the lava tile in the mine is harmless. I tried pushing old carts into it and hope they'd burn but nothing.

cool your lava and avoid the problem

lava is hazardous, and expect the unexpected when these tiles are left hot

horses popping out on top of the ground while hitched to a cart or wagon is nothing new, and leading a animal can get the same results, this is a bug perhaps, but it is a old one and it can be avoided if you are careful

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

cool your lava and avoid the problem

lava is hazardous, and expect the unexpected when these tiles are left hot

horses popping out on top of the ground while hitched to a cart or wagon is nothing new, and leading a animal can get the same results, this is a bug perhaps, but it is a old one and it can be avoided if you are careful

I guess the reason it was reported in the Server Bugs section of forums is because people would like this bug brought to attention and fixed.  There may be workarounds to it but it should not be necessary for people to constantly anticipate possible bugs and accept it as part of the game mechanics when in fact it is a bug.

• Like 7

Its an old bug. On Chaos this often happens during raids. Horses end up getting shot dead when the cart is inside a mine. It should be fixed.

• Like 2

Also quite easy to pull horses into gates and fences above the mine doors when they glitch out from mine. Can be tricky to almost impossible to recover them without bashing off walls. Please fix this!

• Like 1

Yes a known issue, well .. this glitch has been in place a long time. My thread ...

I recently posted videos to document the effect. I really had no idea your above ground horse could actually be attacked or cooked at a lava tile. Dang. Sorry to hear you lost your horse. I will have to be spectially careful to get my horses re attached to my underground carts and such. Don't want dead animals.

Thanks your thread.

I've been losing the front 2 animals on my wagon consistently to a variation of this bug.

If you park the hitched animal underground slightly touching a wall, at some point it'll teleport to the surface layer and be open to killing.

Just happened to me as well.  Lava pillar on the inside and top tile had been cooled.  Had no idea and lost a nice horse. Rather a bummer.. Should at least say in the WIKI or something its very annoying.

This bug sucks.  Just lost two more horses.  Yes I should have been aware since this happened last time I subbed but maybe subconsciously my brain refused to believe it still hasn't been fixed.

It got a bit even worse lately it seems. Now horses hitched to wagons tend to glitch out to surface if they go through underground building walls (as per my experience if it is built next to cave walls)  - even after if I carefully hopped several times out and back into cave to have all horses visually inside. 

I had something like this happen to my favorite horse, his name was Max and he was an old 5 speed, so not replaceable at all 😢

We are building an extension to my boat tunnel and when I signed off for the night my cart and horses were left parked in the tunnel no where near the lava tiles we had created above

I was parked about 100 tiles away from the lava tiles

When I signed in Max was gone and I thought it was just the glitch that makes them not be seen inside a mine but when I jumped on the cart it was going much slower so I knew Max was no longer attached to my cart, when I got above ground I found his corpse laying beside the lava tile

This should never have caused his death because he was parked much deeper in the tunnel then the lava tile is

*There has to be a way to correct the fact that horses pop up to the surface and appear no longer hitched to carts/wagons, I believe this bug is the real cause of all these horses being killed

Sun

Edited by VelvetSun

Shall we keep bumping this post until someone takes a look at this destructive bug, the original post date is Posted May 7, 2017  I think four years is long enough for a bug to go unchecked don't you?

Just sayin'

Sun 💜

• Like 2

Can any of you confirm that this is still happening within say the last week or two?

9 hours ago, Pomona said:

Can any of you confirm that this is still happening within say the last week or two?

all non swimmer animals i lead inside a mine still stop following me and bug out on the outside mine tile.

I left a parked wagon last night inside a mine building. I'll check these days to see if any of the horses get unhitched and pop up.  

I have been working on a boat tunnel project for a while now and in the last couple of weeks I have noticed that horses do not appear to glitch out and go to the surface.

If you guys have found this glitch and fixed it AWESOME JOB GUYS !!

Thank you

Sun💜

My horses do sometimes glitch above ground when hitched to a cart under ground. This glitch is still happening. Here is real time example from right now:

MduOAR0.jpg

That horse is hitched to a large cart underground, right now. I can duplicate this glitch by entering the mine opening at an odd angle. One or more of the hitched horses will glitch topside. If that were a lava tile it is standing on now, It would probably be dead.

Sometimes I'll have a hitched animal glitch topside when down in a mine, if while turning, the hitched animals pass through the walls of the mine. But I can not seem to duplicate that glitch as easily.

So this glitch is not fixed yet.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
remove duplicated link

I haven't been able to replicate the bug thus far, but I do think the current reports of it happening are accurate. Probably because the mines I've been using so far have 20 slope entrances and the mines themselves are pretty flat.